Chapter 20 : Final

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

The next day, things were no different. I still refused to talk to him. He kept doing things to make me open my mouth but I sealed it. I had heard him sigh numerous time and I didn’t care anymore. Even though I still loved him so dearly, I thought I still had my pride. I couldn’t be more embarrassing. I thought it was time for me to look cool.

“C’mon, why do you have to be so mad?” He gripped my hand and his eyes were on me. I tried to free my hand from him but it seemed like he didn’t want to let go.

I replied his stare as I said, “None of your business.”

“It’s my business.” He stated sternly. He knew why, he ing did.

I said nothing. All I did was standing there because he still didn’t want to let go off my hand.

“Alright, if that’s what you want, then we will be in this position as long as it’s needed.” He said. Seriously? This guy could be very ridiculous sometimes.

“I have to go.” I finally spoke.

“You won’t go before you answer my question.”

“I have the right to not answer your question.”

“But I also have the right to know.” At that time, I knew he would insist. He meant it, he was serious. But why wasn’t it obvious to him? Was he that stupid? Or did he just want to tease me?

“Look, okay, I’m tired of all this. Let’s just divorce. We have all the right to do that. This arranged marriage will not succeed. We will just grow hate to each other.” I said. Partly a lie, I knew.

He stared long at me before finally opened his mouth, “Is it true?”

I nodded my head as a response.

“I don’t think so.” I raised one of my brows and waited for him to finish his sentence but he didn’t utter a word. And I fell silent as well. It wasn’t a comfortable silent though, we both were busy with our own minds.

“You’re not going to ask me why, are you?” He suddenly said when I was drowning in my own world, in my fantasy.

“Why should I?”

“Maybe because you have known that what you said is partly a lie.” He said.

“How could you say that? If what I said is a lie, now tell me, which part is the lie? And which part is the truth?” I stared bravely at him.

“The truth is this arranged marriage will not succeed. That’s probably right. But about we will just grow hate to each other, it’s a lie, isn’t it?” The scene of me confessing my feeling back there in the island suddenly popped to my head. So, he wanted to talk about it right now. What a perfect time!

“I hate you.” I said. Yes, I hated him because he made me look like a fool. I hated him because he was him. I hated him because he seized my heart. I hated him because he haunted my mind. I hated him because my heart couldn’t beat properly. I had thousand reasons to hate him.

“Really? But I don’t hate you.” His face fell.

“Now, you’ve got your answer, may I go?”

“Can I, can I ask you two more questions?” He asked.

“Fine, but you have to let me go after this.”

“Why do you think this marriage will not succeed?”

“You’ve known why.” I said and he sighed.

“Do you hate me or do you love me?” that question.

“What do you expect?” I laughed.

“I suppose you hate me and you love me.” He said confidently.

“What made you think that?”

“You hate me because you love me, right?” He asked while a small smile plastered on his face.

“Maybe I did. But now, I only hate you.” I said. Yeah, I just ing lied again. But, what do you expect me to do in that trapping situation? It wasn’t time to be a weak girl that would do anything for love or to give up because he just trapped me with his question. It was time to be a strong girl, to be a wise girl, to be selfish. I had to think of myself too.

“I think you just lied again.” He said.

“I don’t give a on your thoughts. That’s my answer. You want an answer, right? That’s my answer.” I said and jerked his hand.

“What about you? Don’t you have any question for me?” He asked.

I turned around.

“No.”

Just when I was about to walk away, he grabbed my hand and made me turn again to him.

“What –“

I love you.” He said and I could say that time was like stopped for real. I was frozen on the spot. Did he just say that he loved me? A part of me wanted to just jump to his embrace and forgot all that happened before. However, a part of me also scared that he might be joking, that he might trick me. I couldn’t let myself be fooled again. Not again. Unfortunately, this heart of mine really pushed my mind to believe it.

“You what?” I asked after I was over my shock.

“I thought you have no question.” He smirked.

“Like I’ve said, I don’t give a on your thoughts.”

“So really? You didn’t care on me?” He tried to not sound disappointed but he failed.

“I didn’t give a on your thought, correct. But I give a on your heart.” I said.

“Well, you’ve known my heart.” He smiled sincerely.

“I have a confession to make.” I said.

“What?”

“I played truth or dare with my friend and I got a dare to-“

“I’ve known that.” He said it like it was nothing.

“What? How? And you’re not mad at me?”

“Why should I? How I know? You do know that you sleep talk, don’t you?” He chuckled and my face redden in embarrassment.

“Since when have you known about it?” I asked him, of course stuttering.

“Since the very first day we shared room together.” Kris answered any my eyes widened in horror. He knew it all along?

“Why didn’t you confront me?” I asked him again curiously.

“Why should I? At that time, I was half confused and half shocked. I mean… We barely talked to each other and I clearly heard you mumbled that you had a crush on me. Who wouldn’t be shock or confused?” Kris answered.

“Oh geez! This is so embarrassing.” I mumbled but he heard me.

“I must admit it is. However, do you know that since then, I found myself wanting to know you more. I found myself sometimes curious about you. I started to realize that my feeling for you is love last night when I had a nightmare about you leaving me for good. It felt like death. I felt suffocated and that was how I realized how important you are to me.” Kris really touched my heart. Oh My God! Please don’t ever wake me up if this were just a dream.

“Then why were you mute when I confessed back there?”

“Because I was not sure about my own feeling. I knew that I already liked you but I didn’t know whether I had fallen for you or not. Hence, I didn’t really know what to reply to you.” He told me then smiled at me. Oh Gosh! That smile again!

“So, I won the dare?”

“You won my heart.” Right after he said that, he pressed his lips against mine and successfully sent butterflies to my stomach.

I guess this arranged marriage will succeed.” He said after I pulled up.

“Are you sure?”

He flashed a smile, “Yes.”

“How do you know?”

“Because I am Kris.” He stated arrogantly. Right, because he is Kris, the arrogant bastard that unfortunately or maybe fortunately I love. I love him because he is Kris.


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello guys! THank you for supporting me and this story :)

Please don't forget to leave some comments coz that will mean a lot for me. It might help me improving my writing.

Once again, thank you  so much! And I love you all!!!

Sincerely,

kimsfangirl