Chapter 5

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

My wedding day finally arrived. I was in the white wedding dress that I had never thought I would be wearing one so soon. I took one last glance of myself at the mirror. To be honest, I looked gorgeous.

I sighed when I heard a knock on the door. It was a signal that the ceremony would begin soon. I still couldn't believe a few things. First, in the next few minutes, I would be Kris’ wife. Second, I hadn’t died because of a heart attack. Third, I didn’t even faint.

Gosh! I was really nervous.

God damn it! It was such a very big day! I meant as much as I didn't expect my soon-to be-husband was Kris and I didn't really like the fact that I was in the middle of an arranged-marriage, it was still my wedding day! What if I actually looked terrible? What if suddenly Kris said 'I don't'? That would be very embarrassing. What if I suddenly fainted? I had too many worries. 

Ugh!

However, all those worries only existed in my heart. Physically, I tried my best to look happy and excited. My hand was intertwined with Kris' and we both faked smiles on our faces. I knew that Kris wasn't happy either. Unfortunately, this wedding must be happening for the sake of both families whether we liked it or not. That was what made me sighed for uncountable times. That single ugly fact!

Kris and I soon reached the altar where a priest was standing at. He said things but I wasn't really paying attention on what he said because I was too nervous.

Then, my ears caught the question that was the most crucial part in this ceremony. The only question that made this ceremony had to exist.

"Do you –Kim Jein take this man –Kris Wu to be your husband? Do you promise to be there for him unconditionally, in both health and in sick, to respect and love him for forever till death breaks you apart?"

"I do." I said. I even did it with a smile.

"Now, do you –Kris Wu take this woman –Kim Jein to be your wife? Do you promise to be there for her unconditionally, in health and in sick, to protect, and love her for forever till death breaks you apart?"

There was a pause. What the heck? Did he plan to call of the wedding out of the blue?

"I do." I heard him say finally. Thank God, he didn't embarrass me in front of people. Then, we both exchanged rings. The rings were the signs of bound, to show that we both were married.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest announced and I gasped. Oh God! I totally forgot this part! I had prepared my mental last night. I had practiced how to walk elegantly with these killing heels, how to speak and act lovingly with Kris, and basically everything but not this one!

Kris then turned to face me and I must do it too. He leaned closer to me as I felt my heart beat was getting faster and faster. He gave me a quick peck. That was it. That was how my first kiss was stolen by the handsome jerk –Kris.

I always wanted my first kiss to be very memorable. I meant in a romantic way. On a Christmas day, a candle light dinner, just 'he' and me. Then 'He' leaned closer and gave me the sweetest kiss ever. Or maybe just a rain kiss would do.

Well - That wasn't what happened.

What Kris just did, couldn't be called as a kiss. It was a peck. Not that I expected a kiss though. He could just kiss me on lips. When I was pouting inside my heart, I could see all the witnesses clapping their hands and smiled happily. I myself was pretending to be happy. Kris just wore his famous poker face.

What a beautiful day today!

*****

"You two will be living here starts from this second. Remember, you both are married. Hence, you both should have your own house." I couldn't believe my ears when my dad said that.

Kris was the first one who got back to reality as he yelled out his shock, "What?" His voice was raised 1 octave.

"Kris! That's right." His mom said and we both were forced to come into our 'house'. It was a very big house. Well –More like a mansion to be honest. There was a beautiful garden at front. The wall was painted with pastel color. Actually it was my ideal and dream house. It was ridiculously vast, but simple and elegant.

The first thing we both did when our parents were away was checking how many bedrooms there were.

There were a few to be honest, but only one was unlocked. So the conclusion, there was only one bedroom available. I guessed our parents had expected this. Hence, they made it this way.

"There is only one bedroom!” Kris and I shouted together and pointed the only unlocked bedroom. We both then ran inside.

We both stepped inside to find that there was only one king sized bed!

Kris jumped to the bed and claimed, "This is my bed! You could sleep anywhere. The couch looks comfy though." What a gentleman he was!

I took the pillow and a blanket and placed them at the couch.

I hated this guy. I hated more the fact that I fell for him despite of his manner. I must be crazy!

Then, I grabbed a towel and locked the bathroom. I took a long shower until I heard Kris yelled, "Hurry up! I need to shower too! "

There were many bathrooms, why did he want this one? But finally, I finished showering and went outside.

I could feel Kris was glaring at me. But hell, I don't care.

Then, I tried to make myself comfortable at that couch and drifted to sleep.

My dream was exactly the same as the reality.

In both, Kris was the same jerk.

The dare was still lingering in my mind until it also came into my dream.

Why couldn't I have a peaceful sleep?

It's all Kris' fault!