Chapter 2

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

"How could you do this to me?" I sighed deeply. He was the cold hearted and mysterious guy and surely it was hard to approach him. God damn it.

"The deadline?" Hyemi asked, sure she wanted to make this harder.

"Well, 6 months is long enough." Nara sang.

"This doesn’t make sense! Please, change the dare..." I pleaded, I swore I have never done this before. I have never begged like this, usually they were the ones who begged me. God!

"No changes... But, I'll make it easier for you! The deadline is a year. That is already easy." Hyerin said. I rolled my eyes. How could they said that? Easy my . I didn't even talk to him. And this was just crazy. Be Kris' girlfriend? How would I accomplish this? Was she out of her mind?

"Fine, I'll try to! Just don't give a hard punishment if I lose, okay?" I said in annoyance.

"You know, it’s not going to happen. This is what we call as karma. You did that to us some times and you would get the payback." Hyemi smirked. Actually she was right. I have done that a lot of time, that's why people called me the queen of the dare. But I guessed, my image was just ruined. They really were patiently waiting for paying me back and they really got the chance. I excused myself to go home and I immediately got to my room.

It was a freaking damn.

Fine, I'd just do it, but how to begin it? I didn't even know how to start. I got no idea how to approach him, how to talk to him, and they expected me to become his girlfriend? Well –I got a little crush on him but never had a dare to confess. I saw girls confessed to him every single day and all of them just got rejection. I really didn’t want to add myself to the ‘rejected’ list.

Oh come on! I’ve got to think! Think Jein, think! I really persuaded myself to come out with a brilliant idea which I usually always got. However, why my brain suddenly got stuck when I really needed it the most? In addition, they would also give me the hardest punishment if I lost, because I did that to them too. I couldn’t really blame them for that though. So, I’ve got to accomplish this. I had to, for my pride! Of course, I had to maintain my image too!

In the middle of figuring out this hard case, I heard a knock on my door and opened it. There my mom was standing and she was dressed. Was she going somewhere?

"Dress up now, we are having a dinner with your dad's client." She said and left. So, I quickly took a bath and picked random dress. Since I liked white, of course I chose the white dress. I went downstairs and found mom and dad have been waiting for me in the car.


We walked into the restaurant and got into the VIP room and we waited for my dad's client’s family.

"Dad, is this client really important to you?” I asked curiously.

"He is not a client. He’s my friend. Well –My childhood friend to be exact. We accidentally met in China a month ago when I was on my business trip. You know, he has a handsome son.” Dad winked. He really liked to tease me. As if I would be interested in him.

Then, we heard knock at the door and dad said, "Come in."

Then, his friend's family came in and I was really shocked. My eyes felt like they almost fell out of the sockets.

I wasn’t shocked because they were speaking Chinese. No, I wasn’t even surprised for that. What made me shock was the person that was walking behind him and his wife. It was Kris with his poker face on! Really, he was so handsome in his suit. I had to blink several times to believe what I was seeing was true and I wasn’t just imagining.

"Well, this is my daughter, Kim Jein." Dad introduced me. I bowed 90 degrees and greeted, "Hello, I'm Kim Jein, nice to see you."

"Your daughter is really polite." I heard dad's friend said. I smiled. Of course I was.

"Well, this is my son, Kris Wu." He said again. Kris bowed and sat, no greeting. That was so typical of him. If it wasn’t his business, he would careless.

"Hmm.. Sorry for my son's attitude." He apologized to my dad.

"No problem." Dad said and clapped his hands. Then, waiters came and served the food. My parents and Kris's parents were happily chatting while Kris and I ate silently.

God... Should I open conversation?

Trying wouldn't hurt, right? I thought.

"Hello.."I greeted. He just stared at me and backed eating. Really unpolite and cold hearted, but that's why I liked him. It didn't come out success, so I tried another way.

"Kris, do you like the food?" That was so lame. But I should give a try!

"Like it or not isn't your business." He said in sharp tone.

"Why are you so mean?" I said bluntly. It just suddenly came out from my hell mouth. The moment I realized, it was already too late. I was already in trouble.

He glared at me but didn't say anything. With his cold stare, even with just that glare, I could be sent to hell. I immediately shut up and backed eating. I really had no guts to speak again to him. He was so cold hearted. 

Then what about the dare?

Guessed... I would just let it be. I meant I would just give up. After seeing him like that, punishment would sound better.

Actually I have never given up, especially for a dare. I have never given up, and I meant it. In school, in audition, in art, etc. I never gave up, but this was just very devastating. So, I gave up. There was no chance. Even trying to speak to him was so hard.