Chapter 10

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

"I’m doomed!" I kicked a rock at the street. I have gone to all possible directions and I was still lost. How the hell could I find the way home? Just then, a harsh voice interrupted my thought.

"Who the hell kick this rock?!"

Ops! I immediately ran and that man chased me. I did take a glimpse of him and I could tell that his forehead wasn't in good condition. Gosh! I had been walking for 3 hours, going to a lot of unfamiliar places and things got even worse. I was left all alone in my honeymoon, stalked someone I shouldn’t, got lost, and heck, I was even being chased now. Really, I would write a novel about this, oh and the title should be '1 crazy dare + Arranged-marriage = My Crazy Life'. Seriously, who was in this kind of adventure except me?

Who got a crazy dare from their friends? After that got into an arranged-marriage with the coldest guy ever, not to mention he was also an ? Plus who would get left alone in a ing honeymoon? This was unacceptable, even for a tough girl like me. On top of that, I was being chased as if I were a criminal! My God!

Seriously, my life was ruined!

I ran quite fast, so I was able escape. He just successfully made everybody looking at me as if I were a pickpocket. I was soaking in sweat and I panted really hard. Damn! Where was this? I was pretty hungry, absolutely thirsty and I was damn so tired.

I gave a final glance to my surroundings and I really didn’t think I knew this place. In the end, I decided that it's time to give up and just lowered my pride.

Unsure, I dialed Kris’ number. I didn’t expect he would answer but the good thing was he did!

"Kris. Hello." I spoke a bit too enthusiastic.

"What?" He asked. I could tell from his voice that he was already annoyed. I didn't even annoy him. I really wanted to poke this guy real hard if I were not in trouble!

"I think I am lost.... Can you please pick me up?" I asked with hope. This was so embarrassing.

"No." He said heartlessly. My eyes widened upon hearing his answer. No? Did he just ‘no’ to me? I thought I clearly told him that I was lost. Okay, be patient. I had to be patient because actually I was the one who needed a favor.

"Please...I don't know the way to get back, please..."I begged for my sake. I was serious, I was ing lost and it was nearly dark. I could not take a risk that I got .

"No, it was your own fault." He said and hung up. Oh ! Did he just really hang up? That heartless guy! How could he do this to me?

What the heck should I do now?? Luckily, I brought a little money and hell, I could just buy a portion of ramen. I ate it as if there were no tomorrow, I was famished. Time passed pretty quickly and it reached 9.p.m. It was pretty cold. I checked my phone just in case there was a message from Kris or something but the moment I did that I felt like crying.

No, it could not be right!!

This was the worst day ever! My phone's battery died!! Oh no! My only companion just died leaving me alone in this harsh world!

I was lost with no money left and no useful phone. So, guessed what? I guessed I would just go to hell.

I leaned on a wall and it started raining. Perfect!

In no time, I was totally drenched even though I stayed close to the wall.

I felt so cold. I shivered hard until I couldn’t bear it anymore. I shrank to the floor and hugged my knees.

Oddly, I had a feeling Kris would find me.

___________________________________________________________________________

Kris' POV

Where the hell was that girl? It was 9 already and she wasn't home?! I have tried to call her but it seemed like her phone died. I didn't have a good feeling about this. Hell, it was even raining now. What if something bad happened to her? She called me before and said that she was lost. Was she really lost? If yes, how could she be that stupid?

The real question was...What should I do? It was impossible to search her to everywhere and it was already dark. I have called some of her friends and they didn't know either. Some of them well –Scratched that. All of them scolded and threatened me to tell my and her parents. Seriously, if they really did, I would be in huge problem.

So I told them to wait for one day and they agreed. Damn! Where should I go first?

Unsure, I drove my car to some places. I had been here a lot of times so it was just like my second hometown. I remembered some of the streets here. I had been driving for 2 hours and I still hadn't found her. It was already 11.p.m. Damn this girl!!

Seriously, she was a big trouble! First she tried to follow me to wherever I went. Luckily, she stopped following when I told her not to. Actually I was a little bit surprised that time when she just obeyed me. I actually had prepared to preach about privacy in case she insisted. I saw her as a stubborn girl. But to my surprise, she didn't even insist to come. One good thing. I thought things were going better but then this girl got to make another problem. She disappeared.

I was sleepy but I still had to find her!! I had to open my eyes wider because the view was getting darker as it was getting late. It started to rain heavier and the intense water had me hard to see up front. I literally watched every possible spot.

What time was it already?

I glanced at my watch. 00:14. Where the hell was she??

My precious three hours with zero result! I felt like screaming in frustration. Where would she be? What place was possibly visited by a girl like her?

A mall? Girls liked shopping, right??

I turned my car to every malls I knew and she wasn't around all of them. The street was now empty, no vehicles spotted.

It was 1.a.m. I must admit that I started to worry about her. I didn't think she brought a lot of money or even a sweater or jacket. Oh I could tell that it would be freaking cold outside, and hell, it was still raining!

When I turned to left, to a quite narrow street, I spotted a girl figure. I narrowed my eyes to get a better view and it was her my eyes widened as I saw it clearly! It was definitely her! I was about to take umbrella when I remembered I didn't even bring any. I must be an idiot! Damn it!

Hence, I just walked out from the car and got drenched instantly. I approached her and I realized she was sleeping. Was she really sleeping? Could someone sane enough to sleep in this very cold temperature?

I tapped her. She didn't respond. I touched her hand, it was freaking cold. Then, I touched her forehead. Damn, it was burning hot! Okay, now guilty really hit me hard. I admitted I was a jerk.

Who would leave his wife in a honeymoon even if he were in an arranged-marriage? The answer was only I did so.

I lifted her bridal style and placed her gently inside the car.

Please! Don't let anything bad happen to her. True that I wasn’t care for her but after all, she is still my wife. She wasn’t a stranger or someone I barely knew.

The worst thing was I promised to protect her. A man never breaks his promise. Ugh! As much as I hated to admit it but this made me fail as a man.

I drove really fast to the nearest hospital. I carried her and quickly ran her to the emergency room.

The doctor didn't let me get in as he said I would only be a distraction than a help, so I waited outside. I didn't care I was soaking wet. I needed to know her condition. I didn’t know why but I was damn worried! Somehow, I really needed to know if she were okay.

After a few minutes that felt like ages, the doctor came out and I could tell from his face that he wasn’t happy.

"Your wife is not really fine. Her body is very weak right now. She was actually a very strong girl. Usually people would already suffer from hypothermia or even frostbite but she only caught a cold and had a fever." The doctor said, making me feel happy and sad at the same time. Sad because he said she wasn’t in a really good condition but also relief and happy to know that her condition wasn’t as bad as he just mentioned.

"Please give her the best threat, doc..." I said and the doctor nodded. I was permitted to enter the room.

I saw her lying there. She used to be a stubborn happy girl but because I was so selfish, she was lying here.

What have I done??

Before I knew it, my hands made the way to hers and for the first time in my life, I held a girl's hand without pressure. I just realized hers were so soft. It was still cold and that made me felt guilty again.

Then, I saw her opened her eyes.

"Jein, hey, can you see me? How are you?" I was so shocked and just asked any questions popped in my head worriedly. I wasn't used to show my emotion but this time, I did it naturally.

"I know you will come." That's all she said and she closed her eyes again, leaving me confused.

What did she mean??

-End of POV-