Chapter 14

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

Kris' POV

Oh no! ! What the did she think? And how the hell could I get down there?

Okay, I got to admit that although I am a man, I am not good at climbing. But I had to help her! I didn't even know whether she was still alive or not and I had to know! I tried to brace myself. I hung on one branch and decided to step down a little. At first, I had never thought it would be that easy but then, it started to get more difficult. I was exhausted and thirsty but I still needed to get down. I felt my head spin a little but I ignored it. Just when I thought I was close to the ground, I jumped and ! It just seemed to be close, it wasn't at all! I landed on the hard ground and I felt my back ache. Oh man!! How could I stand up?

My head started spinning again and my vision started to be blurred. I could see Jein was lying not so far from me. I crawled to her and checked her breath. Thank God that she was still breathing! I guessed I was too tired and my backache didn't help at all that everything started to get so blurry and in the end, I also fainted.

___________________________________________________________________________

I didn't know how long I had been fainted but I was awoken by a hand that was shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes and I saw someone that I didn't know. He looked like he was still under 21 and well... His eyes are green. That meant he is neither a Korean nor a Chinese. Well -He is not Asian.

"Hey there! He is alive!! He is still alive!!" That guy shouted and then I saw someone approached. The guy wasn't so much different except the fact that this guy was taller.

"Wow! it’s good then! Let's help him stand up first!" The other guy said with a good English and if I was right, it was Australian's accent.

The next thing I knew was both of them helping me to stand up.

"Hey, what's your name?" The guy that shook my shoulder before asked me.

"Kris. I'm Kris. What's your and your friend's name?" I asked back in a good English.

"I'm Lucas and my friend's name is John." He said. Just then, I remembered Jein was still lying there.

"Oh wait, my wife, she is still there!" I said.

"That girl?" John pointed his forefinger to the tree at the front. There she was! Lying at there.

"We found her and we decided to carry her there since she didn't wake up when we shook her for several times. After that, we saw you." Lucas explained. I sighed in relief.

"Thanks." I said and both of them nodded.

"I see you speak good English, you're not a Korean, are you?" John asked.

"I'm half Chinese and half Canadian. Are you both from Australia?"

"Yes. We have study tour to Korea and Beijing. But then… Well... This thing happens. Until now we only found two alive people and that's both of you and we have found 5 people died."

"So… How are both of you?"

"We are good. In our country, we have joined a lot of parachuting activities before. So, we landed very well on the ground last night. I see you are also good and I have checked your back bone, there is no crack or fracture. But I am worried about your wife's condition." On the mention of Jein's condition, my eyes widened in shock.

"What about her?"

"I don't think her back bone is okay. I think there is a crack there but fortunately there is no bumps at her head."

"Oh..."

We finally reached the tree. I felt so worried about Jein that I forgot my backache. I immediately approached her and shook her.

"Wake up. Hey, don't frighten me!" I swore I really was afraid and yes, I felt so anxious. I meant, she saved me and this what happened to her. I felt guilty even though she has said that it was not my fault.

I shook her several times and she finally opened her eyes.

"Hey." Her voice sounded so weak.

"Oh My! You finally wake up!" I couldn't hide my happiness. "How are you?"

"I'm still alive." She said and smiled. Geez... This girl. She almost died and yet she still could smile? This girl was so unbelievable!

"Can you stand up?" I asked.

"Of course, I can." She said but just when she was about to stand, she groaned in pain.

"Yeah, yeah… You can." I said sarcastically. She was so full of her pride, huh?

"Can you please help me stand?" She asked shyly.

"I think she is not in a good condition to stand." Lucas suddenly said.

"Why?" She asked.

" You have a crack on your back bone... By the way, I am Lucas and this is my friend, John." Lucas introduced himself and his friend.

"You both must be the one who saved us, right?" She smiled and thanked them. Wait, why was she so friendly to them? And why both of them were acting the same way? And why the hell was I thinking about that? That wasn't my business!

Okay, Kris...Time to get real!

"I actually have found a river in this forest and I still remember the way. The water is fresh and it can be drunk since it's clean." Jein said. Well… Her English is also good.

"Well, I think we are all thirsty here, why don't we go there?" John suggested.

"Okay... But what about her? She shouldn't stand…" Lucas said.

"I'll give her a piggy back riding." I couldn't believe those words came out from my mouth.

"But what about your backache? Shouldn’t you –“ I interrupted John, "I'm perfectly okay now. Can you two please help my wife to get on my back?"

“You know Lucas or I can do it instead.” John offered help but oddly, I didn’t like it. I really didn’t like the idea of Jein being piggy backed by either one of them. I guessed I suddenly became so responsible and protective. Was I even on my sense?

“No, really, it’s fine. I’m good now.” I faked a smile.

"Well -If you said so." Lucas said and they both helped her to get on my back. Fortunately, she was pretty light.

"Let's go!" We cheered. Jein kept on showing us the way. To be honest, it was pretty far. I couldn't believe that Jein had walked this far. For a girl, she was very awesome. Even John and Lucas said that they were tired already and I… Of course, I was.

"Are you okay Kris??" She suddenly asked me when she saw me panting.

"Yes."

"You can drop me here. I can walk... You must be very tired." She looked concern and I didn't know why but I felt happy. I must be crazy that time. Maybe my head was bumped onto something before.

"I won't let you. Look, you have a crack on your backbone okay? And that's all my fault. Now, let me do my job." I said.

"I think I've said that it wasn't your fault. Plus, what do you mean by your job? Giving me a piggy back riding is obviously not your job." She said.

"Yes, but to take care of you is my job." I said. Yeah, like I’ve said, I was insane.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note

Hello guys ^^

It's been a long time since the last time I wrote an author's note.

I want to thank you all for sticking with me :D

It's a double update today! :)

Don't forget to comment ^^

Love you guys!