Chapter 15

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

Your POV

Did he just say that? I meant…

"What?" I asked as I didn't see it coming. I started to think that it was my hallucination.

"You heard me and I won't repeat it. But, I am serious about what I have said." Kris said firmly. Well… Then it wasn’t my hallucination. Ugh thank God! I almost thought I was turning crazy. Honestly, I was happy. I guessed he was not as ignorant as I thought he was. Another possibility was he might gradually change to a man.

"Is it still far?" John panted.

"Nope... We just need to go straight this way until we see the river. Maybe around 200 more meters." I said. Yes, we have been walking for hours. I knew it was far and honestly, I didn't know what made me could do it. In my life, I have never walked this long, not even a half of this way. What I thought that time was I got to find Kris. I must be crazy. Yes. I thought I was crazy. Maybe I bumped my head quite hard and it happened to ruin my brain.

"I see the river!" Lucas suddenly shouted. We walked and finally arrived there. Kris then put me down gently and he himself ran to the water. The three of them drank the water and washed their faces. That was exactly what I did when I first found the river. They must be very thirsty.

"Thanks for leading us here..." Lucas smiled and I smiled to him back. I glanced at Kris and he didn't look so happy. What's the problem with him? Was his back ache more?

I tapped him on the shoulder and whispered," Is your back aching again?"

"Nope." He answered simply and sat down the tree.

"What are we going to do now? I've checked that there are no fish in the river. Should we go hunting?" John proposed an idea.

"Hunting?? Hmm… I think it's as good idea. But I don't know how to make an arrow and we have no guns or riffle." I said.

"Hmm... I'm a scout member and I can make an arrow if there's a knife. But I see that there isn't. Hmm... Wait. Do any of you have ropes?" Lucas asked and I immediately raised my hand.

"I do. 4 ropes. What's for?" I asked.

"Make the arrow. Now, just find 2 branches that are quite strong and one branch that is quite sharp at one side." He explained.

"Okay!" We all said. Kris and I searched at the left side. It was easy to find the branches, but not with the sharp branch. It had to be sharp enough to kill an animal.

"Jein, you better rest here." Kris said to me.

"What? No. I still can help. I can't just sit nicely when I see all of you are working." I said.

"But you're injured." He insisted.

"It's not that bad..." I said, I really didn't feel so much pain. I thought it was just a little crack.

"But still. Just please this time, obey my words." He said and I sighed. He could be very stubborn if he wanted, couldn't he? When we were debating, I realized that we just wasted time. There was no use, he wouldn't let me this time. I knew him well enough to know that he doesn’t lose to anybody.

"Okay… I'll wait you here." I said in final. He smiled and left. Did he just smile? Okay... I must say that all these… All of these were crazy. I was crazy, Kris must be crazy too. Oh and of course, the situation was.

I had been waiting for almost 30 minutes but Kris hadn't come back. I started to be worried. What if he was in need of help? But he clearly asked me to wait here for him. This was bull.

Okay, I decided to wait for 30 more minutes, until that time if he hadn't come back I would have gone for him.

And Well, Kris finally came back before that limited time.

"What took you so long?" I asked, a bit whining.

"It's hard to find the sharp branch." He said.

When we came back, Lucas and John had been waiting for us.

"Do you get what we need?" Lucas asked and we nodded. Kris handed them the branch and I handed them the ropes. Then we just waited for both of them to finish making the arrow.

"Yes, we made it!" John cheered.

"We only have 1 arrow and one sharp branch which means our shot can't miss. If it misses, we won't have food. We have to search for the sharp branch again. So… Who is good in archery?" John asked.

Kris raised his hand. No way!

"What? You do?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes." He said.

"Okay... Let's see what we can find in this forest. I think I see a deer on our way to here before. I think Jein should just wait for us here." Lucas said.

"Okay..." They all said, of course except me. I was just about to protest but yeah, they had left me. Everything was so great! What the hell should I do? Nothing. I could just sit down here at the ground and watched the sky and well, trees. And that was when I realized the pain on my back. Okay... A crack. It didn't sound so bad though... It was not a fracture. I didn’t know for sure but I hoped it was only a crack.

I once heard about how dangerous getting injured at the back bone was, but I've never taken it seriously. Oh , I suddenly felt it was so painful.

Where were they? They have gone for 2 hours I guessed. All I could do was just acting like a stupid little girl. I was lying on the ground all the time that I didn't realize I had drifted into a deep sleep.

When I woke up, everybody was there already. Wait... I noticed something different. There was a new girl there!

"Oh! Hey there! You have woken up?" Lucas greeted me. I nodded and pointed the girl, "Who is she?"

"Oh… She is Korean. Her name is... Min Hee."

"I see... When did you all come back? I'm sorry I fell asleep." I apologized.

"It's okay... Not so long ago… Maybe around 15 minutes ago. We are trying to make a bonfire but I guess we don't know how." He said and chuckled for the last part.

"I know how! I once joined a survival camp." I said and went approaching all of them. I lied though. I ditched the camp but I did know how to make it since it was one of the dare I must do when my friends and I were playing the ‘truth or dare’ game.

"Now, search for branches, woods, or et cetera that are easy to burnt. "I said and we all collected the branches and woods. We started to pile up all of them. I found 2 stones near the river and I rub the two stones together until it produced fire. I then put it on the pile and the bonfire was finally made.

"Oh wow, you're good!"

"Hahaha, thanks... Did you get the deer?"

"Yup!" Kris said and showed me the dead deer. I felt pity but had we not eaten it, we would have died.

"Okay, let's burn it and eat then!"

We burnt the deer and when we thought it was okay to be eaten, we ate. We didn't stop the fire since we may need it later. Besides, it was almost dark and we needed it to keep us warm.

I approached the new girl to greet, "Hello, I'm Jein, Kim Jein."

She smiled to me awkwardly, her cheeks blushed and said, "I'm Min Hee."

She was a shy girl I guessed...

"How did they find you?" I asked.

"Hmm... I bumped onto Lucas. I was so afraid since I thought I was the only one survived. But thank God, I meet all of you." She smiled.

"Ohh... We need to make a SOS signal. Have you heard about it?"

"Yes. But... I doubt there will be an airplane passing by." She said sadly.

"I think so... But I have a good idea." I said and smiled. She furrowed her brows.

"But for now, let's just sleep first!" I said.

"Okay ma'am." She said and laid down beside me.

I started to like that girl!