Chapter 11

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

Your POV

The next day I woke up and I was so confused. Where the hell was I?? Then my mind tried hard to recall the memory. I was lost and it was raining heavily. I was leaning my body against the wall but I shivered so hard that I could not bear it anymore. Then… My legs started to give in. Then… What? Did I pass out? Suddenly, I sensed someone breathing beside me, I turned my head to left only to find Kris was there.

Then memories flooded my mind. Right! He found me in the end! Then I must be at hospital now! I guessed he carried me and rushed me to the emergency room.

As I was thinking, my eyes landed on him again. Something didn’t feel right about him. What was it? Oh! Oh! Oh my God! His clothes were still a bit wet! Did he sleep without changing his clothes? He might catch a cold!

I carefully placed my palm on his forehead as I remembered someone touching him. Damn! It was burning! I shook him a little. He lifted up his head and damn it, his eyes were damn red.

Was he that sick?

"You are awake...?" Even his voice was so weak! It was more like a statement rather than question.

"Kris.." I called him.

"Hmmm?" He mumbled. I guessed he didn’t even have energy to talk, huh?

"C'mon, you have to get a treatment." I said but he shook his head. "Nope, you need it more than me! You were freaking cold last night and the doctor said your condition was not good. You caught a very high fever and maybe if I had been later found you last night, you would have gone." His voice was barely a whisper for the last part. I smiled a bit.

"But you didn't, did you?" I said. He lifted up his gaze and met mine. Eye's lock was always what I hated in those movies and books. This was not an exception, I hated this too.

"I was a little bit late, okay? If I just listened to you yester-" I placed my index finger at his lips to stop him speaking.

"You saved me. Done, all problem finished. Now, you! Go and find a doctor!" I said.

"What? I am fine." He said weakly. Oh, I got it! He was just as stubborn as I was. Without saying anything, I grabbed his hand and placed his palm on his own forehead.

"Nah, you can sense you are fine, right?" I said sarcastically.

"Ugh! Okay...You, wait here. Don’t go anywhere!" He said. He said it as if I were a kid. Duh! Where would I go? This guy was sometimes unbelievable.

"As if I would go anywhere." I pouted and he left after rolling his eyes. You know what? I always hated hospital. I don't know why, I just hated the taste of hospital, the smell of it really didn't make me pleased.

Kris came back a few minutes later on a bed, the doctor and nurse then placed it right next to me.

"This is funny, you both know? Yesterday, this guy was so panic and pleaded me to give the best treatment for you. But now... Look, he is also sick. You both really suit each other." The doctor said something randomly and got out.

I really wanted to laugh. The doctor really wanted a poke, huh? Hell -I was the only one in love and he said we suit each other? The doctor really needed another doctor.

"What did you say last night? Do you still remember it?" Kris suddenly asked me. What did I say? Wait, did I even say something? I meant… Did I even have the energy to say anything?

I shook my head.

"Did I say something?" I asked him back and I was curious. He was not the type to joke so I must have said something. I could tell it was something that confused him or made him curious or else he would not even bother to talk to me.

"Yeah...You said something like ’I know you would come’... What do you mean?" He asked and I stayed stunned. Damn it, I said that? I thought I only thought about it. I didn’t think I would really say that aloud. Unbelievable! Well, basically, I just had a feeling he would come. Somehow, I did. I didn't know whether it was some kind of hope or things like that...But...have you ever felt like that?? I meant when you believe something would happen? Just like faith I meant... Yeah....

"I just had a feeling you would come." I said honestly.

"Did you know that I might not look for you last night?" He asked. What was that? Was this some kind of interrogation?? I guessed he still had the energy to interrogate, huh?

"I know and even the possibility of that might be higher but I just had a faith on that. You know… Girl’s intuition." I smiled when saying that. I tried to joke a little. It was a little bit embarrassing and you know what?? This little heart of mine didn't want to stop beating fast. I wondered why haven't it collapsed and I died??

"What did you do yesterday until you were lost, huh??? How could you be so stupid until you got lost?" He asked again. ! What should I tell him? I went for shopping?? Damn, I didn't even bring a lot of money and , I didn't even bring any shopping bags. What?? It was impossible to tell him the truth. He would be furious. It could be worse too. I meant... He could hate me. Oh my God! What should I say?? Should I lie? Should I not? . I was not good at lying either. Either way, I was doomed!

"Well...I went on shopping yesterday. But...Carrying all those shopping bags alone was kind of trouble for me. So, as I was so upset, I kicked a rock and ugh, it hit someone's forehead. That guy was so angry and chased me. In panic, I dropped all my shopping bags and ran for my life. Finally, he stopped chasing me. I still ran for sometimes. When I stopped, that was when I realized I was lost." I told him the 'lie'. Oh great, I was a liar!!

"Is that so?" He raised his brows. I nodded. I could tell he was unsure.

"Well...Tell me the real one." He said.

"What?" I pretended to be stupid. This guy… Could I ever beat him?

"Well...Tell me the truth." He commanded.

"What made you think it was not the truth?" I asked.

"I just have a feeling it is not. You know… Boy’s intuition." He said. ! Those were my words!

"Do you really want to know the truth?" I asked.

"Yes, I have the right to know." He said.

"Okay, fine. You would hate me after this." I muttered softly and then I continued, "So... Yesterday…When you caught me following you, you asked me to just mind my own business, right?? Well...I did not. I just continued following you, I pretended to be an agent like in those movies and I acted as if you were the target. You didn't even realize it, did you??" I stopped to take a breath. Kris was really a good listener. He shouldn’t be one at time like this.

"Well... I saw you entered a car and so I hid in the trunk. Ugh...It was the worst part. It was so damn hot inside. But after some times, your car stopped and I knew there were two of you. You talked about something to that guy. When I felt you and he were far enough, I got out from that hell trunk. I saw a branch of a tree that headed to an opened window. I climbed the tree and successfully entered the house. You know what?? I was so surprised to know that you were with EXO. And... Well... The twelve of you were just like gays!! You with Tao, Luhan and Sehun, baekhyun and Chanyeol, Chen and Xiu Min, Suho with Lay...."

"How could you know that?? You could not see us from the second floor!" Kris interrupted.

"That was my way and I would not tell you how. But… I could not hear any of your conversation and so I went to the first floor. Don't ask me how, I won't tell you. So… Basically I heard Baekhyun and Chanyeol's conversation and I am not going to tell you too about what they were talking about. I felt that there was nothing that I should know again. I had known where you were, whom you were with, and what you were doing. Since I have accomplished my mission, I went back to the second floor with a lot of struggle, climbed back down the tree and ran. Nah... The rock part was not a lie. I hit someone's forehead with it." I told him everything.

"You are so naughty!" Kris commented. He didn't seem furious.

"You hate me now, right?" I asked and he just remained silent. I gulped, I knew he did. Great! He wasn’t furious, he hated me! God damn it!

"May I ask you a question?" I asked him and I wanted to know it.

"Even if I say no, you would still ask, right?" He sighed. I took it as an ‘okay’.

"Why did you finally search for me??" I asked.

I saw him taking a deep breath and said, "Because you are my wife and I care for you."

My eyes rounded upon hearing his answer. I was damn speechless. I could barely breath. My heart was racing and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. Oh God! Why was I moved by his answer? Why did he have to make me have hopes now?