Chapter 16

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

The next day, I woke up and found everybody had woken up and gathered at the bonfire's side, well -Used to be bonfire because the fire had been definitely blown away. I rubbed my eyes and walked towards them.

"Nah, she is awake!" Lucas cheered.

"What?" I asked.

"You told me last night that you have a good idea, didn't you?" Min Hee smiled.

"Oh Yes..." I nodded my head.

"So… What are you waiting for? Tell us!" John said.

"Oh Right... We will make the 'SOS' signal." I told my idea.

"But we are in the middle of the forest. How would it be possible? These tall trees may cover the smoke…” Kris said.

"This is an island, right?" I gave a hint.

"Yes, and what's the connection?" They didn't even get the hint. I rolled my eyes.

"Island means there must be a ...." I tried to give another hint.

"Oh God, just tell us already! No need to give some confusing hints because we obviously don't know!" They sighed in frustration. Oh God!! If anyone were to be frustrated, it must be me!

"Beach. There must be a beach!" I said in frustration. They hang their mouth open and finally mumbled the word 'oh'.

"But, how can we find the beach?" Min Hee asked.

"Yes, how could we?" John and Lucas joined. I glanced at Kris and he was my last hope. Somebody please get what I meant!!! The three of them obviously didn't get my idea.

Kris sighed and said, "We walk to one particular direction. Just one. There must the end of the forest and then we will find the beach eventually." Finally, someone got it!

"Let's do it now then!" They cheered. John and Lucas insisted to bring the arrow they had made.

"We don't know how long this journey is. When we need food, we only need to search for the sharp branch." John said before we left.

"Wait, what direction are we heading to?" Lucas asked just when we were about to go.

"The river tells it all!" I clapped in happiness but all of them just furrowed their brows.

"Don't tell me you don't get it…” I said but unfortunately, they nodded their head and that was included Kris. Maybe I was just too experienced since I read a lot of books about survival, so I was kind of having the mind set of lost people or survivor.

"River ends to the sea... It’s the nature’s law. If we follow the river's flow means we will head to the right side. The other benefit is that we always have water if we need it." I said. I had thought all of that the previous night. I knew that we wouldn't know how long the journey might take and if we didn't have water, we would not survive. Hence, I concluded that we couldn't be far from the river and that actually led me to the idea. River must end to the sea. Sea means near beach. At the beach, there is a higher possibility that transportation such as airplanes and ships pass by. Which eventually meant… Higher possibility for us to be found and survived!

"You have a smart wife, man!" Lucas and John said to Kris and Kris smiled. Okay... He smiled. And oh God, his smile... I really wished I could get used to it but I guessed I never would. My heart will always beat faster whenever I see his smile. Well -Actually, more like whenever I see him.

"You have such a handsome husband, Jein..." Min Hee whispered to me.

"Yeah I do…" I said unconsciously.

"Okay, let's go!!" We all said and started to walk, following the water's flow. My backache was getting better. It wasn't painful anymore. Kris had actually offered me a piggy back riding lot of times but I always declined. He also had a little backache, didn't he? We got some little troubles following the river since sometimes the way was going too down and sometimes we got to climb up a little.

"Okay... Let's rest first... I can't walk anymore, seriously. We have walked so far and I think we need to rest." Lucas said and we all agreed. I felt tired too actually.

"I think.... We should go hunting again." Kris said.

"Yes, let's find the sharp branch first and then we can go hunting." John said.

"No need. On the way, I found that already." Min Hee smiled and handed Lucas the branch.

"Wow, nice one!! But I think I didn't see any animals except birds." Lucas said.

"Right… Then... Birds are okay I guess... We can reuse the sharp branch..." I said.

"Kris, do you think you can shoot the birds?? It's harder since birds are way smaller and the hardest part might be because they are flying too!" John asked Kris.

Kris smirked and took the arrow from Lucas, "Leave it to me."

"You all rest here. I'll go by myself." Kris added. The three of them immediately lying on the ground while I actually went to follow Kris.

"Haven't I said all of you should just rest?" Kris knew I was following him.

"Yes...But..."

"But what?" He cut my words. Okay... Actually, I was just worried that something not good might happen to him. I meant, we were in the middle of nowhere. Anything could happen. There could be some beasts hiding. He might also be careless when walking. I knew I was actually overacting but I couldn't help it. Hence, I decided to just follow him.

"I am worried about you." I decided to just reveal my true intension. He turned back to face me and said, "I'll be fine."

"Please..." God damn it! Did I just beg him??

He rolled his eyes before saying, "Okay…"

Kris skillfully shot a bird that was flying over us and his shot didn't miss an inch. The poor bird fell to the ground.

"I am actually feeling sorry doing this but we need food to survive..." Kris suddenly said to me. I didn't know how to react so I kept silent.

"Do you want to try?" Kris handed me the arrow.

"I can't... I always miss my shot." I declined. I didn't want to mess up. If the shot missed, it would have landed to nowhere and that meant we got to search for new sharp branch.

"C'mon! I'll help you." Kris said. Unsure, I took the arrow and Kris actually led me to shoot a bird.

"No Kris, I can't. If I miss-"

Kris interrupted me, "Then don't miss."

"But-"

"You can." Once again, he interrupted me.

Okay... This was even worse. Our position really made my heart beat getting faster and I was sure I could die any minutes. Kris... What have you done to me?? He held my hands and led me. Oh , I couldn't concentrate!! I- Oh God!! FOCUS! I needed to focus. I got to pretend Kris weren't there. But... ! He was right behind me and he was holding me!!

Breath in, breath out.

Okay, brain, focus!

I really tried my best. I couldn't miss.

There was the bird. It perched at the tree's branch.

Now or never.

I soon shot it and the moment I released the arrow, I closed my eyes. I didn't dare to see what came next.

"I’ve told you, you can do it!" Kris said and that was when I knew I made it! I forgot everything. I jumped out in happiness and I tripped on a rock and lost my balance. I've prepared my back to hit the ground when a pair of strong arms caught me.

Kris' face was so near to me. He was seriously handsome. Damn! I was pretty sure my face was very red!

I awkwardly stood up.

"Thank you." I said and smiled.

"You're welcome." He smiled too.

"You should smile often." I said.

"Hmmm??"

"Your smile is really beautiful." My mouth really needed to shut up. Damn it! What the heck did I just say? I meant… Why should I say that? My God!

"Excuse me?" He demanded me to repeat it.

"I won't repeat it but I'm serious about what I have said." I said. I knew I was repeating his line.

"Hey, that's my words!" He said and I ran. He chased me and caught me. I was so lame in running. I should practice more!!

"Okay... Okay... I give up. We still need 3 birds Kris." I said.

"Good... Never repeat my words again or......"

"Or what?" I challenged him.

He faced me and without a warning, he pecked me. And with that, my first kiss was gone!!

"Or that would repeat again." He said. I still was too shocked.

"Yahhhh KRISSSS!! You stole my first kiss!" I yelled.

"Your fault." He said back. He then went to shoot some more birds. But somehow, I felt really happy inside. This stupid heart of mine.... It never stops beating for him.

I thought my feeling for him was not just about admiring or liking him anymore. It was far deeper than that. Every little thing he does never fails to make my heart skip a bit. Even with only his presence, it can make me happy. I guessed I could admit that.... I loved him, oh I mean.... I love him.