Chapter 19

1 crazy dare + arranged marriage = My crazy life

“Are you really okay?” My mom dashed to me in panic while immediately touched my forehead and gave me a huge bear hug.

“I’m totally fine, mom.” I said after breaking the hug.

“How could the plane’s machine has a malfunction? That was seriously ridiculous! Plus, that nearly killed both you and Kris! Fortunately, you two jumped in time. I didn’t know it first but suddenly, Kris’ mom came here in panic and told us the whole things, making dad and I felt so worried about you two. We had tried to search everywhere but even the quest team couldn’t find you and we began to panic here. Oh, well, we were already panic, and it just made everything worse. Kris’ dad booked a helicopter and we rent it for 3 days and the result was still 0! Do you have any idea how worried I was?” Mom kept on talking.

“Breathe mom. We are already here. The most important thing is we survived.” I said. She must be really worry, guessing from how long she spoke and her intonation.

“Okay, we will go for checkup now! I don’t believe what you said. You must have a little injury at least. Jumping from that height was really dangerous even though you wore parachute. You hadn’t parachuted before and I am sure you didn’t know how to land safely on the ground.” This time, my dad said with strict voice.

“I just get a little backache.” I said as if it weren’t a big problem. Well-It wasn’t when we were at the forest but somehow, it got worse…

“Okay, we better go now! And Kris, you must have a checkup too!” Mr. Wu said and all of us went to hospital.

“Are you okay?” Kris asked me suddenly. I didn’t even realize he was next to me.

“Yes.” I said briefly. Thinking about my confession back there, I was still ashamed.

“Liar.” He said that with a smirk.

“I’m not.” I talked back and faced him finally. Seriously, he just called me a liar. Oh, well, I lied several times but that didn’t make me a liar. He just smirked and didn’t utter a word. Kris was seriously a weird person sometimes.

“Okay, the result will be up tomorrow. We will inform you as soon as the result is out.” The lab’s doctor said. We all nodded and went to eat dinner. Then we all went to Kris’ and my house.

“Mom and dad have to go now, you two have to rest, okay?” Dad said and bid us a good bye.

“Well, it’s late, dad and I have to go home too. You take care of Jein, okay Kris? We will pick you two up as soon as we get a call tomorrow.” Mrs. Wu said. With that, Kris and I were the only ones left in the house. I quickly went to take a long warm shower and got dressed. Well, I was planning to indulge myself. I thought I deserved it after spending hard days in the forest or maybe it was a jungle.

I opened the fridge as I remembered I had bought a box of ice creams before going to Jeju. I missed eating ice cream so much, I didn’t know that until I ate it again. Kris just finished taking shower and he walked towards me. Great, I was really not in a mood to talk to him, I didn’t even have the intention to utter a word. I lost my appetite as I got up from my seat and went to the bedroom. I knew Kris raised one of his brows when he saw my attitude at the dining table but I really didn’t care about that. Let him think what he wanted, I didn’t give a !

My patience for him was enough and I wished, really wished that I could say that my love for him was enough too. I could say that, but it would be a total lie. No matter how hard I tried to get rid of this feeling, it just haunted me even more. So, I guessed I would just let it be. Maybe, the best way was just to ignore him. Who knew that maybe my feeling for him would slowly fade if I lost communication with him?

And I didn’t care about the dare anymore. It might be one of the things that made me hard to forget him. I really cared about it at first because for me pride was number 1. I didn’t want to lose my pride and I didn’t want to let go of the degree of ‘queen of TOD’, but I had had enough. If I still cared about it, I might fall for him even harder and eventually, the pain I felt in this heart would be even worse. Or perhaps the worse possibility was it left a permanent wound in it.

But it seemed like Kris didn’t want to leave me alone that night. Just when I lied down at the couch, he came and grabbed my hand.

“Get off me!” I pushed him.

“How long do you plan not to talk to me?” He asked.

“As long as it’s needed.” I said and I was about to lie down back when Kris had already grabbed my hand once again. Okay, seriously, I really couldn’t understand this guy. He was the one that started to shut up his mouth. But when I did the same, he stopped his action. What game was he playing?

“Look, I have all the right to do whatever I want!” I said, I was angry already. This guy really got on my nerves.

“Yes. But you are my wife and I have all the right to know too.” He said firmly. That wouldn’t work on me.

“Oh right… You want to talk about it?!” I raised my voice.

“Of course!” He said.

“When we were in Jeju back there, you didn’t think it was a right idea! When I followed and asked you where you would go, you said it was none of my business, right? So, I don’t think you have the right to know about my problem either!” I literally snapped.

“It is different!” He insisted.

“What’s the difference?! You tell me, how could it be different?!”

“Back there, I didn’t see you as my wife but now I do!”

“I have a very brilliant idea, let’s make it this way! You and I are strangers that unfortunately were stuck in a very ridiculous arranged marriage. You are nobody to me and I am nobody to you. So, your business is yours only and my business is mine only. Doesn’t it sound better?” I said sarcastically.

“Not at all.” That was all he said.

“I am tired bickering with you a lot of times. I don’t know what game you are playing right now but I want to quit the game, okay?”

“How can you quit a game while you are not even playing it?” He looked directly to my eyes.

“Kris, I totally can’t understand you! You change your mind so fast, like in just a second! One time you said A and in other time, you said B. You thought A was the right at first but then you thought that B was the right one. I don’t want to hear anymore bulls from you and I just want to sleep right now because I am ing tired and you better don’t disturb me again! Now, let go off my hand!” I said harshly. I knew it might sound too harsh but the anger I felt was really controlling me at that time.

“Okay, but tonight, you don’t sleep here.” He said and took the couch. “You sleep there.” He pointed the bed.

“The couch is mine, the bed is yours. You said that back there! Now get off here!”

“Nope, I give you back the bed. I even give you my part.” He said lightly.

“I don’t accept your gift.” I said and tried to pull him.

“It’s a gift. And you can’t refuse a gift.”

“Of course, I can. Don’t you learn social? I can take and refuse a gift. So, as I refused what you gave, that is still yours! So, now, you get off here!”

“But I still have a half of this couch.” He said.

“What the ? You already gave me your part.” I fought back.

“Nope. I just lend it. Now I am taking my part. Well, we can both sleep here if you want to take your part. You can choose to sleep here with me or take my gift.” He said, oh he was totally a jerk! Impossible! He always won the bickering! I hated him!

I furiously threw myself to the bed and cursed him under my breath wishing him to rot in hell.

“That’s not your wish for me. You just lie again.” He suddenly said. that guy!

“How the could he always win?” I mumbled to myself.

Because I am Kris.” His voice was heard once again and I couldn’t control myself as I already threw my pillow towards him. He ruined my life! It was like he was playing with my heart. When I thought my life was hitting a rock bottom, his act made me feel a lot better. He treated me very well and it looked like he cared for me. However, in the last minutes we were about to fly home, he changed again and totally broke my heart. Why did he have to make me fall deeper for him but then crushed my heart into pieces? What was he thinking?

Sometimes, I even thought that Kris had known about my feeling even before I confessed. I thought and I was pretty sure that I was pretty different when I was around him. There was a reason why everybody says that I wear my heart on my sleeve.


Hello Guys!

There is only one more chapter left :)

Thank you for sticking with me until now ^.^

Love you all!

~kimsfangirl~