Coincidence

Butterfly Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's POV


The case is finally over. According to Sanjangnim, the bosses called him and congratulated us. That somehow eases our feelings more and feed our ego of course. We are proud by ourselves as we put a lot of efforts for this case. After we captured the culprit, Sanjangnim approved our request to have a rest for days but of course, if something came up, we will definitely go back to work and when the night comes, we went to the nearest soju house to have a little celebration.

"It's all because of Dara." Seunghyun said.

"Agree! Thanks to Dara Noona."

"True. The case had progress after she came here and that's only days ago and now the case is solved." Jae said.

They are right. Thanks to her.

"She is like an angel!" Seungri really looked amazed. "A truly angel!"

I smiled. The ghost's angel. I wonder what she is doing now. I keep on thinking if she'll be fine with that Ahjumma. Speaking of that person, I looked to Seunghyun. "Hyung, did you know Sandara's Auntie?"

He stopped for a moment. "Does she have an Ahjumma at her house?" I nodded. "I can't remember that I met any of her relative. Why?"

"She seems mad when she saw me."

He chuckled. "Maybe she just thought that you are going to take Dara away from her."

Seungri and Jae laugh while I just smirked. Well, that's not a bad idea at all.

"Hyung, are we not really going to see Dara Noona anymore?" Seungri asked.

"We can visit her but I don't think the Ahjumma with her will like it."

"She is that scary?"

"Yeah." Literally. She gave me an off feeling after I met her.

"That Ahjumma is definitely an old single lady." Jae said.

"Aigoo! All women should get married."

"Then marry Chaerin." Seunghyun teased Seungri.

"Why would I? She is not a woman, she is like an amazona."

I just chuckled. Chaerin was not able to come with us as her parents from overseas just arrived earlier.

"You are the one who can make her a woman." Jae joined Seunghyun in teasing Seungri.

Then my phone rings. They looked at me. "It's Chaerin." Then I answered her call and put my phone to the speaker mode.

"Oppa! Are you still drinking?"

"Yes."

"Are you somehow talking about me?"

That made Jae, Seunghyun and I burst in laughing while Seungri groans.

"Ya! Am I correct, right? What that panda is saying about me?"

Jae cleared his throat. "He is going to marry you as soon as he sees you again."

"The nerve! In his dreams!" She suddenly ended the call then all of us laugh again except Seungri.

"She is so scary." We just laugh once more and later on, we decided to go home.

When I reach our house, I directly go to my room then lazily lay myself on the bed and start to think about Sandara Park. I hope she is doing fine as I really can't help but to feel something weird towards her Ahjumma. I guess I really should visit her.

The next day morning, Mom looked ecstatic after telling her that I have few days off.

"So you'll come with me tomorrow at the art gallery?"

"Can I say no?"

"Of course you can't!"

I chuckled. "Then why you're still asking me?" She just pout her lips then I looked to Dad. "What about you Dad?"

He shakes his head. "We are going to Young Ae's funeral tomorrow." That's right, I almost forgot about it. He is talking about his high school classmate who just died recently due to a disease.

"Why not now? So you can be with us tomorrow."

"Others are not available today." He is referring to his other classmates. "We all wanted to be there together." Their communication never stops after their high school graduation; they were even doing some reunion every year.

I looked to Mom. "Why you are not coming with Dad?"

"I don't know personally that woman and you're future is more important than his first love." Apparently, the deceased person was Dad's first girlfriend and she was rich, if my memory serves right, she owned the biggest jewelry in the city.

I smiled. "You were just jealous."

"Of course not!" It seems she is going to throw her tantrums anytime.

"Honey, I already told you before that you are my real first love."

"You didn't."

"I did."

"You didn't!"

I chuckled then stand up. "Gotta go."

"Where are you going?" Mom asked.

"At the office."

"Why?"

"I'll just do some research."

"About what?"

I grinned. "About Dad's real first love."

"Jiyongie!"

I just laugh then leave them. After a while, I reach the office and start to look for the information about Sandara's parents. According to her, they died at the accident and good thing; I was able to ask Seunghyun of their names. But the only problem is I don't know when the accident happened so it's quite hard to find any news about them.

While being engrossed on looking at the computer's monitor, the door suddenly opens and I saw Sanjangnim. I hurriedly salute to him then I put my hand down after he nodded. "What are you doing here?" A frown is on his face. "I thought you wanted to take a rest?"

I scratch my nape. "I am just doing some research."

"About what?"

"Well..." I inhale deeply. Since he is on this field for over a decade, he maybe knew something. "By any chance, did you know a certain married couple who died because of an accident? Their names are Sohyun and Soochun Park."

He stopped. Judging his reaction, he definitely knew who I am talking about. "Why you are asking about them?"

"I met their daughter."

He looked at me like I said the most ridiculous thing. "That's impossible."

"What do you mean, Sanjangnim?"

"Their daughter, Sandara Park died after being hospitalized."

That stunned me. "What? But I really met her."

He stares at me for a while and it seems he believed that I am not saying nonsense things. "Follow me." I just nodded then we went to his room. "Lock the door." After doing it, he open his cabinet and pull out a big brown envelope. Then from that thing, he placed different kind of photos and newspaper clips on his table. "It all happened ten years ago. That time, I was newly promoted as a inspector at Sokcho and their case happened." He point the first photo. It's a family picture. My chest pound hard as I saw Sandara's teenager face. It is really her. There is no doubt it. The only difference is that her hair was long before. "The fami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter