Curiosity

Butterfly Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's POV


This day has been tiring for us but we need to keep going as we already found a possible evidence.

While waiting for the laboratory result from Chaerin, we start to analyze all the information we gathered.

"Hyung, according to the victim's mother, she got a call last night from a friend. When Jae traced her phone's record, the caller used a telephone booth." Seungri gave me a print out the victim's phone's record.

"Where was it located?"

"Four streets from the crime scene."

"The culprit could possibly perform the crime around the area."

"Agreed with you Boss and for the first time, we found someone who saw the victim prior the killing."

I looked to Seunghyun. "That's a good news. Who is it."

"A 24/7 convenience store staff near that booth confirmed that the victim was there alone and she left around 12:15 in past midnight."

"The CCTV near the store confirmed it as well." Jae said.

We really have progress now. "Victim's time of death is between 01:05 and 01:15 in past midnight. So the killing happened between that 50minutes so we should know how it happened."

"Based on the CCTV, after she left the restaurant..." Jae showed us his laptop. "She went to this street were many KTV bars are located." Then he rewind and fast forward the footage from the moment she left the restaurant. "It took her 12 minutes to reach this bar." We are all focused to his laptop. Judging her body language, she seems agitated and uneasy. "But she just stayed outside and after 3 minutes, she received a call. Only seconds passed, she left the area as well. Then she turned right to this street."

"The street towards the crime scene." Seunghyun said.

He is correct. "What about the CCTV around that area?"

"I haven't seen it yet as I am having copied it first to my files."

Then the door suddenly opens. Chaerin looks excited. "Oh goodness! Finally!"

"What is it?"

"The handkerchief that has been found beside the body contained carbon monoxide that caused the suffocation of the victim."

"Can it cause death?" Seunghyun asked her.

"Of course! It can be poisonous if it is too much. Only in the medical field knew how to do it well so the killer most probably is someone who was knowledgeable about it."

"This is a lucky day for us." Seungri said. "We are moving!"

"Don't celebrate yet. We are only starting. We have still to find out why the CCTVs are not destroyed like before. We even got an evidence now."

He groan. "Hyung, why you are that cynical?"

I chuckled. "Because I had to. I don't want to have a false hope. The killer might just playing with us."

"Then let's play along." Seunghyun said. He looked excited.

I grinned. "This is getting fun."

Chaerin rolled her eyes. "Men. Oh well, here is the complete report." She hand me the folder and the handkerchief that is inside of a plastic. "The only fingerprint that has been recognized on that was from the victim." Now that is suspicious. "And my part is done so I'll go home now. Bye boys. Have fun."

After she left, we resume our deliberation. Jae already completed the copying of files.

"Here..." Again, we looked to his laptop. "Let's watch."

After the victim turned right, she reach the street where her body found on almost ten minutes before the estimated time of her death.

She is walking back and forth on the small alley and it seems she is crying.

"She looked disturbed." Seunghyun said. He is correct.

Then the four of us got surprise as we saw the victim pulled out a handkerchief from her pocket.

"What was that?!" Seungri exclaimed. "Is that the same handkerchief we found?"

I clench my fist as a conclusion already entered my mind.

Then Seungri and Jae gasped when the victim covered with that handkerchief for about three minutes and in less than a minute, she fell on the ground.

"Check the CCTV on the other side."

Jae hurriedly open the file and we saw no one. "Is that a suicide?" He asked.

I gritted my teeth. "No. This is a message rather."

"Of what?" Seungri looked confused.

"The killer wanted us to drop this case." Seunghyun said. He is damn right.

"As it only means that the killer is not that easy to find." I continued.

"Should we let others to solve this?" Jae asked.

I smirked. "Hell, no. The killer is challenging us so we'll show what our team is capable of."

I looked to them, they looked determined as I am. Then I stand up. I want to clear my mind first. "Where are you going, Hyung?"

"I'll just have a walk. You can guys go home if you want to. We will c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter