Past

Butterfly Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara's POV


My hands are in pain now because I keep on banging the door. Ahjumma dragged me somewhere and locked me in a small room.

Then I almost stumble when I made a step back as the door suddenly opens.

"Stop it." Ahjumma is glaring at me.

I bite my lips, trying not to burst out in crying. Why are you doing this?

"To keep you safe."

Please return me to Jiyong.

"I won't." Then she slammed the door closed to shut me off.

I weakly sat on the floor. My back on the door while I wrapped my arms around my legs and tears starts to fall on my face. I wanted to see Jiyong. Then I wipe my face and carefully get my phone from my chest. This is the only thing that I was able to keep.

And my chest pound hard as there is a message from him.

Be calm, Dara. It is too risky for you if you'll keep your phone on. Open the back of your phone and remove the battery. There is a small chip inside and put that thing close to your heart, it is workable with someone's heartbeat. I'll get you out there. I promise. I love you.

That made me cry a river. Oh God. I love him too. Liking him is an understatement. This is love already. It is clear by judging how my heart race because of him.

Then I immediately follow his instruction. When I am finished, I did not my phone anymore and just hide it inside the bed's mattress. I went back in sitting like a fetus at the door and closed my eyes. I'll wait for Jiyong. I'll see him soon.

I stayed in this position until I heard a commotion outside of the room. I stand up and placed my ear on the door.

"Get that kid!"

Then I fell on the floor as the door suddenly opens. I simply checked the chip on my chest as I only clipped it on my bra. Thankfully, it still in placed and I gasped as two men pull me up then everything went blank after another man put a white cloth on my nose.

I don't know how long I passed out and only murmurs around woke me up but I can't move even a bit. I felt my body is drained because of exhaustion.

"I already warned you Mi-Sook to kill the kid by yourself."

"I cannot do that! And I told you before that she did not witness the actual trading that night! So please, let us go. I will bring her outside the country."

"It is too late already. Even you are saying the truth, Boss released an order to kill the kid. You know our rule. We should remain anonymous to the public. We cannot repeat the same mistake when the two of us were caught alive ten years ago."

"She lost her memories. She doesn't remember anything about it."

"Her memories will return eventually."

"Possibly not. Just let us go this time and you won't ever see her again."

"Wake the kid up."

"No!"

Then suddenly a heavy hand grasp my head and I saw Ahjumma with a man and I realized my current situation, I am on a chair, my mouth was covered by a cloth while my hands and feet were tied.

"Jung, stop this please."

My eyes widens when the man beside her point a gun to me. "This charade must put to an end. You should not get attached to the kid in the first place."

I tightly closed my eyes and I felt my heart stop in beating when I heard a bullet shot but to my surprised, it didn't reach me. When I slowly open my eyes, I stunned as I saw Ahjumma lying on the floor. She was covered of blood.

Then I heard the door opened.

"There are cops outside!"

I don't know what happens next because while looking to Ahjumma's body, memories of that supposed to be my family's happiest night filled my mind.

"Mom, I'll go to the rooftop."

"It is almost midnight already."

"Don't worry, I won't take long."

"Swimming is not allowed at this hour." There is also a pool there.

"I know!" Then I hurriedly went out from our room and I looked to the ghost beside me. "Aigoo. I lied again to my parents. Ahjussi, let's be quick. Are you sure that you don't want to add anymore?" I asked him when I get inside of the elevator. He nodded. Since I am alone, I am not holding back in talking to the ghost because in a normal situation, I am talking to them discreetly as I don't want to look like a fool in front of others. "Which floor she is?" He point the 7th floor. The above floor where we are currently in. "Alright. Let's do this." When we reach the 7th floor, I asked him the room number. The stair going to the rooftop is here too. "Aigoo. Why your wife's duty time is at this hour and it is so creepy here. So quiet!" Then I finally found the room. The door is open so I just carefully entered, the room is same with ours. Most expensive rooms are on 6th and 7th floors so I am very grateful to Mom and Dad as they really saved much money to celebrate my graduation.

Then I found his wife at the bathroom. She gave me a surprised look. "Omo. Are you lost?"

I shake my head then scratch my chin. "Ahjumma, I am looking for you."

"Me? Why? Do you know me?"

"No but I've met your husband when we checked in here earlier."

Sadness filled her eyes but she still managed to smile. "You probably got it wrong. My husband died two weeks ago."

"I know that Ahjumma." She looked at me like others looked at me every time I'll tell them that a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter