Birthday

Butterfly Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV


As I open my eyes, a white ceiling welcome me. Where am I? At the hospital? It seems so.

Suddenly, all that happened from my past filled my mind. I bite my lips, that tragic night was entirely my fault. I inhale deeply. Crying won't solve anything and I cried too much already.

When I tilted my head, my chest pound hard as Jiyong is sleeping and his head is just beside our clasped hands. Then I found myself smiling, it is like the heavy feeling I had earlier suddenly vanished. Simply because of him.

I looked at the wall clock, I wonder if it is six in the morning or six in the evening already as the windows were closed and protected by a curtain.

Then I gently move my fingers, trying to wake up Jiyong and slowly it brought to his senses. Then my chest pound hard again as he smiled as soon as he open his eyes.

"Hi..." A cracked tone came out from me and it surprised me as I realized that I just speak.

He looked at me then sit on the free space of the bed. "You're really talking now. This is not a dream, right?" I shake my head. His face brightens. "How are you feeling?"

"Hungry and thirsty." He looked at me again but longer this time then I gasped as he slowly put his face close to mine and I found my hands on his face. "W-what are you doing?"

"I am going to kiss you."

My eyes widen and put some force on my hands to stop him. "Do it later." Since he is obviously stronger than me, he was still able to put his face closer but before he even kiss me, I cover his mouth. "Later, okay?" He shake his head so I groan. "I just w-woke up." My face burned as I can feel his warm breathe on my hands and when he remove my hands then stare at me like he is looking my soul, I suddenly feel my bones turned jelly.

And before I knew it, his lips claim mine. He is kissing me very gently so I can't help but release a soft moan. His kiss never fails to make me feel good. Then the kiss goes deeper after I kissed him back. When he released my lips, he kissed my forehead. "I am really glad that you are talking now."

I smiled. "I guess you were right, Inspector. The problem was me."

"Did you somehow remember everything about your past?"

I nodded. "When I woke up, it is like a magic cast upon me, every memories I had before just got back in a snap. Even my voice." But a sudden emptiness filled me. "And I lost my parents because of my stubbornness."

"Stop. Don't ever say that again. I am pretty sure that your Mom and Dad don't want to hear it from you as well."

I stopped as I remember their gentle smiles. "I wanted to visit them."

"Sure. I'll accompany you."

Then I recall what happened before I passed out so I got worried. "How's Ahjumma?"

"No news yet. She has been sent to the emergency room. Who shoot her?"

"It is a man whom she called Jung. That man was supposed to shoot me but she..." Tears start to form on the corner of my eyes. "Block it for me. She saved my life."

He brush those tears away. "That's enough. We should go home."

I just nodded. After I am cleared to go out, we took a cab since his car is at their office. So it is only morning. While on the road, he called Mrs Kwon.

"Mom, Dara and I are on our way already and she is very hungry." Then he grinned as I pinch his arm. "Alright." The call ended.

When we reach their house, Mrs Kwon hugged me. "How are you, Sandara?"

I smiled. "I am good."

She gasped. "Omo! You speak!"

Jiyong just chuckled then excused himself and went to his room.

"How did it happen?"

"I don't know too. My voice came out naturally so I am planning to visit a doctor."

She smiled. "That's good. You have a sweet voice."

My face burned. "Thank you."

She giggled. "Let's eat?" I just smiled. After a while, Jiyong joined us. "Jiyongie, are you going to the office?"

"Yes, Mom."

Then she looked at me. "By the way, when is your birthday?"

I stopped and few seconds of silence passed before I answer her out of the blue question. "November 12."

She gave us a surprised face. "Omo! That is today! We should celebrate tonight."

I sigh. If she haven't ask me, I wouldn't remember that today is actually my birth date. After all, I don't celebrate any occasion anymore. I don't even know how a calendar looks like now. Then I looked to Jiyong, he chuckled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter