Gift or Curse?

Butterfly Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV


Today, I am doing something that I shouldn't be doing. The mere fact that I can see and talk to ghosts were already a burden to me.

Yeah. Ghosts. They are existing. For real.

When I discovered this kind of ability, I chose not to use it. But some of them were really persistent but I forced myself not to be affected by them. I knew there is someone aside from me who can help them. But when this Ahjussi came, I broke my own rule. He is begging me to help him. At first, I just ignored him but later on, he was able to persuade me. I don't know how it happened but I guess there is something wrong with me. Some forces deep within myself made me to agree with him.

Then I sigh and just keep my head looking outside as being surrounded by people is really making me uncomfortable because for almost nine years after I woke up from sleeping because of an accident, it is only Mi-Sook Ahjumma who I am usually with. She is the only person who was with me through out my nightmares and the only person who helped me to survive the lowest point of my life so I am feeling guilty now because I left the house without telling her why I need to go out. I just made a note that I'll be gone for few days. I don't even know why I have to hide the fact from her that I can see and talk to ghosts.

Miss, on the next bus station. We are going down. Said of a voice in my head. I turned my head to the Ahjussi who is currently standing on the middle part of the bus and never leaving his eyes on me. As if I can run away from him. I did not gave him any response and return my eyes outside.

He needs to have justice on what happened to him. I don't know how can I help him as I can't speak. I became mute after that accident happened. If I want to communicate with Ahjumma, I am using a hand language which I seldom use. I prefer to be alone and used all my time in drawing butterflies.

Where are we going, Ahjussi? I don't know if it is because I can't speak, my mind became my way to communicate in someone like him.

To the person who can help us.

Why don't you to go directly to that person?

He doesn't have the gift like you.

This ability is not a gift. It is a curse.

No. At the right time, you are going to appreciate it.

I did not respond to him. Later on, we went off the bus. While I am looking for a lodging inn, something caught my attention. An art gallery which is open to public. Without hesitation, I cross the street.

Where are you going?

I ignored him and hurriedly walk towards to that area. When I gets in, I felt my eyes moist as I saw some of my butterfly arts were displayed. Ahjumma is selling all my finished arts to somebody.

Then a woman suddenly appeared to my front. She smiled. "You are a new guest here?" I just nodded. "Welcome to Seoul Art Collection, do you mind putting your name on the guest list?" I shake my head. "Perfect! Please follow me." Then we went to the corner side of the place and she have me sign the guest list book. She then bow her head. "Thank you Ms Park. Hope you'll enjoy all the masterpieces here." I just nodded then leave her.

My chest pound hard when I reach my art works. I feel so proud and happy. So this how it feels like to see my arts at the place where everyone can appreciate it.

Are these yours, Miss?

Yeah. My pen name is Tokki as according to Ahjumma, it was my nickname when I was child. My parents called me that as well. Then I roam around. It is very heartwarming every time I heard others' appreciation to my art works.

I keep on roaming until I noticed an Ahjumma who is looking at me. When she smiled, I found myself smiling back at her. When I realized what I did, I hurriedly turn around then left the art gallery.

After that, I found a place to stay. I slightly tapped my cheek. Feeling sorry for what I did earlier to the Ahjumma who smiled at me.

I am going to have my dinner outside Ahjussi.

He just nodded. All ghosts that I encountered are unexpectedly clean, it seems that their souls are already accepted that they died but since they have unfinished business here, they are wandering around. They are also talking to me like the way I talked to them but the expressions on their faces are visible to me.

Good thing, there is a restaurant few blocks away from the inn. While waiting for my ramen, a staff turned the TV's volume to highest. It seems they are interested on the news so I got curious and watch with them.

"Another body found yesterday. Now, there are four victims in total. Who is the person behind all these killings? The police seems having hard time to solve this as they only says that they still working on it." The reporter said then I startled when the TV shows the photos of the victim. The Ahjussi with me is the third victim. All victims died through suffocation.

I lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter