Confession

Butterfly Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's POV


After Sajangnim announced our involvement to the operation against The White Plains few days ago, I believe that things are now starting to work according to what I want as I can do my things on the legal way.

So right now, I am at Sokcho. Together with Dara. I am hoping that she'll remember something about this place.

"This was the place where your family moved in." We are currently at the front of Park Family's exact house address but no one is living at the moment and just by looking of it's exterior, I conclude that this house was vacant for so long. Then I stare to Dara and noticed her being teary-eyed. "Are you okay?"

She shakes her head. I don't know why I suddenly become emotional.

"Cry if you want to."

I don't want to make a scene here.

I chuckled. "Stay at the car for the meantime."

Will you be okay?

I scratch her hair. "Of course."

She smiled. Thank you. After she went to my car, I started to do my job.

I get inside of a small ramen house, few blocks away from Park Family's house then talked to the owner. Good thing, only few customer is inside so I can talk to the Ahjumma without being in a hurry and she immediately diverted her attention to me after I said my purpose being here.

"The Park Family?" I nodded. "Of course I won't forget about them. They were a nice family but a tragedy happened. After their death, their house got abandoned."

"Do you recall any significant memories with regards to their death?"

"All we know is the daughter witnessed a syndicate crime at the hotel they checked-in which resulted to that tragedy." Then she stopped, as if she remember something. "Omo, there was a rumor around our neighborhood that the daughter maybe still alive."

"What do you mean?"

"Because we haven't witnessed any formal burial of her."

What she said supports my theory, that someone faked Dara's death. And I just really hope that it is not Sajangnim's doing. "Thank you for that information. After the news came out that daughter was dead too, did something unusual happen? I mean if someone went to their house or someone suspicious."

"There is! It was a woman. She get some things and I still remember that my husband asked her what she was doing, she just simply said that she was a police officer."

That could be Dara's Ahjumma. "Thank you again." Then I give her my calling card. "Please give me a message immediately if something came up."

"Alright, Inspector." After that, I went back to my car and saw a calmed Dara.

"Are you okay now?"

She nodded but she still a bit teary-eyed. There is someone at our back.

I quickly check but of course, I can't see anyone aside from us so I sigh. "A ghost?"

She get the newspaper from the deck and point the person on the front page. It is this man.

My chest pound hard. It is one of the surviving man that Sajangnim captured. The man whom I think to be the only possible way for me to get close at The White Plains. But he just died yesterday at prison. Unlike the first member who died because of it's mental state, this man died in food poisoning. So I am definitely sure that it was not an ordinary food poisoning, he was killed. I gave a task to Seunghyun to have a further investigation on that. "Does he already tell you anything?"

He wants us to go to this hotel. She wrote the name.

My chest pound hard again. "We are really going here after this."

Really? I nodded. Why?

"We will stay there for two nights." Then I looked intently at her. "And that's the place where your family went prior that nightmare." I saw how her face turns pale then looked to our back and bite her lips. "But we can postpone it."

She inhale deeply. No. I don't want to hide anymore.

I grasp her hands then kissed her knuckles that caused her blushing face. "I am here, always remember that."

She nodded. Thank you.

Then I grinned. "Want to have a date again?"

Her face turns red. Stop it.

"But I am serious." Then I smiled playfully. "I am dragging you on this case so I should at least make you happy."

Her face reddens more. Fine. Just don't say it again.

I grinned again. "What shall I don't say again? That I'll make you happy?" Then I laugh as she covered her face. I can't help it, I just really love her reaction every time I . But I think it would be more fun if I can hear her voice together with her reaction.

Few minutes after, she removed her hands but she still blushing. Let's get out of here, Inspector.

"You're the boss." Then I bring her to the national park where we can ride a cable car between mountains and I am starting to get used in holding her hand. I feel that it is normal thing for me to do.

When we get inside of a cable car, she is silent while looking to the mountains. I just let her and don't interrupt whatever she is thinking at this moment. I knew that she can recall some memories now and I chose to do the asking with the right timing. Even we already went back to my car, she remain silent.

"Are you okay?"

Yeah but I am hungry.

I chuckled then I stopped my car into a private restaurant. I am keeping Dara away from people as much as possible as someone might recognize her. After all, she practically grew up in this place. "Eat everything you want." I said while she is looking to the menu. After we ordered, I looked at her then grinned. "I think I failed in making you happy today."

Again, her face turns red. Stop it. You've already done many things for me.

"But my intention is pure and sincere." She looked at me. "I really want you to be happy."

She smiled. You already made me happy. That caught me off-guard but it seems she was too. What I mean is... But she can't continue as redness is all over her face.

I smirked. "Was that a confession, Ms Park?" She quickly shake her head so I acted hurt. "You broke my heart." Then I laugh as she hit my arm.

You're being too playful again, Inspector. I don't know that you have this kind of trait.

I laugh again. It is really fun in teasing her. "You still don't know me well, Ms Park. I am not that nice and generous."

Yes because you are a total jerk to me now.

I laugh once more. I also love how she responded every time I and I suddenly became excited once her voice comes back as I am already looking forward to our bickering. Yeah. I started to think my future with her after that morning piggyback ride. I guess I already like her. No. It's confirmed. I like her already.

Then I continue to while we eat. She sometimes glare at me, hit me in the arm and put any food in my mouth just to stop me.

I am really glad the she is comfortable being with me.

After we eat, I drove to the hotel where we are going to stay for a night and we already in the lobby when I felt her hold to my arm tightens. She is starting to feel something. I looked at her then scratch her hair. "You'll be fine." Then I grasp her hand after the receptionist gave me the key to our room and follow the staff that holds our things. Later on, we reach our room. Of course I chose the different floor from the room floor where her family rented. I am not that cruel. I also wanted her to feel relax but I guess it will not be easy as she is sitting quietly at the edge of the bed.

Then she suddenly lifted her head and her eyes met mine. This is not the room. I nodded. Back at the house you told me that it was our house before, I don't see any images in my head. I just felt simply emotional but when we rode that cable car, there are memories filled my mind especially when we entered this hotel.

I sit beside her. "Don't push yourself too much. Take your time."

Tears formed on the corner of her eyes. I am scared.

I felt a heavy emotion on my chest by just looking at her then I brush away those tears. "Let's have a rest now."

She just nodded. After we both changed to our sleeping clothes, we settled ourselves onto the bed. Then my chest pound hard as she casually bury her face onto my neck. Then I slowly ease my arm above her waist until my fingertip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter