Decision

Butterfly Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's POV


It's been two months since Dara started to live with us but her Ahjumma only called thrice and was always in a hurry. Though Dara does look alright but I knew that deep inside her, she missed her Ahjumma.

And I strongly believe that she is part of The White Plains as Sajangnim received some reports that the syndicate is doing their illegal operation on some parts of Europe for two months already. I don't believe anymore to coincidences. If my theory was right, Dara's Ahjumma was definitely connected the Park Family case ten years ago. I just don't do any further investigation about the case and the White Plains as Sajangnim warned me that the headquarters already formed a team against this big syndicate. It seems he already somehow knew that I might do something about it.

"Jiyongie, please be here as early as you can. Don't work overtime." Mom said.

I chuckled. "Yes Mom." Then I kissed her cheek while Dad just tapped my shoulder. Both of them are attending every year a seminar for couples but this time, the organization they were in decided to do it outside the country so they will be out for a week. "Enjoy."

She sigh then looked to Dad. "Should we really go? The news said that it will rain hard starting today."

"The kids will be fine here. Right, son?"

I nodded. "Just don't forget our present."

Mom smiled. "Of course." Then she looked to Dara. "Be careful, dear. I'll send you a message as soon as we gets there."

Dara bow at her. Take care.

"You too." Then Mom kissed her cheek, she already knew some simple sign language.

After Mom and Dad left, I also prepare myself to go to work.

"Don't dare to escape." I said teasingly to Dara.

She pout her lips. I won't do it anymore, Inspector.

I scratch her hair. This became my habit every time I find her cute. "Take care."

She smiled. You too. Don't forget your umbrella.

I just playfully salute to her before getting inside of my car. With our current set up, I feel like we are a married couple. I chuckled with that thought.

When I reach our office building, I looked up to the sky. It's pretty dark. I should really go home early.

"Hyung, good morning!" A lively Seungri greeted me as soon as I entered our room. Jae and Seunghyun just chuckled.

"Did something good happen?"

"Of course! No heavy case for the past days makes me happy." We are only doing some paper works for time being. For the past cases we handled, Dara was the reason why we were able to close it immediately. My team was still not aware on her contribution and existence. Though I don't want to be it like that, I had no choice but to keep my silence as I am protecting her as well. Not because of her Ahjumma but I need to do it for her safety.

"You should get worried instead because they might kick us out as we are not working." Jae said.

"They won't disband the Justice League Idols!"

That brought us to laughter. I don't know why that even in the office, they called us like that.

When it's time to have our lunch, we all decided to eat at the office as the rain started to fall already. I wonder what Dara is doing at this moment so I sent her a message.

Don't cook ramen tonight. I'll buy our dinner.

But almost half-hour had passed; I haven't seen any reply from her so I started to get anxious. Damn. I am not used to this kind of feeling.

"Hyung, stop denying it. Are you really dating someone now?"

I looked to Seungri. "What?" He is grinning widely. This punk is sometimes nosy. He’s been like this since I gave Dara a phone; but I can’t pass a moment without sending her a message especially if I am on field. "I am waiting for Mom's reply."

His grin grew wider. "Really?"

I just smirked. It is better not to argue with him anymore. Few minutes after, a text message from her finally came in.

Alright Inspector. With a smile icon at the end of her message.

But instead to be calm that she already replied, a knot formed between my eyebrows. What took you so long?

It is because I am currently painting, Inspector. A month ago, I bought her blank canvasses and other art material things.

You still not having your lunch?

Done already.

I sigh in relief. Good.

Then she only replied with another smile icon.

"Hyung!"

I startled when I heard Seungri's voice. "What?" Jae and Seunghyun were also giving me a teasing face like him.

"Who is that?" He pout his lips towards my phone.

"It's Mom."

"I don't believe you."

I check the time. "Lunch is over. Get back to work now." Then I hurriedly leave the canteen.

"Hyung!!!"

I just chuckled. When we went back to our room, I made myself busy so Seungri won't continue his interrogation.

"What's with this syndicate called The White Plains? I heard them everywhere." I glance to Seungri, he and Jae is looking to the latter's computer.

"They were famous in smuggling diamonds globally." Seunghyun answered him. "They had been doing that for almost two decades now."

"Wow. So until today, no one still get caught?"

"Sajangnmin once handled the case and he was able to captured two members. Unfortunately the authority never made them to confess anything about the syndicate, their mouths were sealed. One of them recently killed himself and other one has gone crazy at prison." He is right so I need to talk to that man before he dies but I still don't know how I will do that without being reported to Sajangnim.

"And the bosses already formed a team against this syndicate. Other countries also did that. So it's like the world versus The White Plains." Jae added.

"But I think it would be cool if us, the Justice League Idols will get and close this case."

I silently smirked. I doubt if the bosses will seek our help but still, I am not losing hope as I don't want to do my investigation discreetly. It's somehow risky as I might get somebody who is close to me be at a dangerous pace.

Then I continue doing my own research about The White Plains. According to online reports, the syndicate's front liners are usually women and their headquarter still unknown. Where could that be?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter