Mystery Woman

Butterfly Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's POV


Damn. We are facing another stressful day as these series of killings are getting out of hand now. We can't even get a single evidence or witness. What the hell is happening.

"Hyung, what we will do now? The heads are already impatient to our report." Seungri said. Our team's assistant inspector. He is in charge of investigating the people around where the crime scene happened and to the family members of the victim.

I gritted my teeth because of frustration I am feeling at the moment. This is the first time that my team is experiencing this kind of difficulty in solving a case. We usually closed a case within a week or less than a week but right now, we have been working straightly for almost three weeks already. Then I looked to Jae, another assistant inspector and the geek on our team whose task is to find evidence using his computer. "How about you?"

He fixed his eyeglass. "Same as before. CCTV footage was destroyed before we even got a copy. It seems the killer is a hacker or really just knew how to remove the evidence immediately. Another perfect crime again."

I just groan. . I really hate this kind of feeling. I feel so hopeless. But I need to be above of everything.

"Let's wait for the laboratory result from Chaerin, she may get something this time." Seunghyun said. Though the both of us became police at the same time, there is no bad blood between us even my rank is higher than him as he is not interested being a senior inspector so that position easily landed to me a year ago.

Aside from helping me to officially conclude a case, his task is to catch the criminal at the time we received an order to arrest that person. The criminal usually runs from us and since he runs fast, that kind of task is too easy for him. Our team is even betting on how many seconds he'll have in catching the culprit.

"That woman is not a help at all." Seungri complained. "Should we hire another one?"

Jae chuckled. "Say it to her face."

Those two are like a cat and a dog every time they see each other.

And as if on cue, our room's door opens then we saw Chaerin whose currently holding a folder. On our team, she is on the medical side. She is doing an autopsy and other things needed on the report. Then her right eyebrow automatically raised upon seeing Seungri. "Are you talking about me again?" She rolled her eyes when I cough. I have to do it before the war starts. "Here." She handed me the folder. "Just like the three previous victims, no sign of struggling. But on the same way of killing." She was about to leave but she looked back at me. "Oh I almost forgot, Sajangnim wants to talk to you."

I just nodded then sat down to read the report. The fourth victim was a man in his mid-thirties. Working at a small private company. Had a wife and two kids. We are trying to connect all victims but according to the families, they don't had any connection with each other so this is really confusing. Who is the culprit? Is this being done by one person only? Or by a group? And of course, what is the reason behind these killings.

So far, this is the most difficult case we had so we are really determined to solve this as soon as we can.

Then I stand up and went to the board. "Listen everyone. There is definitely a missing link between these victims so we need to have a lead before this week ends. We can't afford to fail." I looked to Seungri. "Go back on the last crime scene and do another research around the area. Interview again the victim's family. If necessary, do the same thing on the first victims." Then I looked to Jae. "Go with him."

"Roger." They both stand up.

"Be here tonight." Then they left.

"What about me boss?" Seunghyun said. "I missed running."

I chuckled. "We need to review the files again. We might miss something."

"Roger." Then we focused on the files we have. The victims had sequenced numbers carved on their foreheads. They were killed by suffocation but as what Chaerin said, no sign on their bodies that they fought with the culprit. It is like they let that person to kill them. The bodies were found far from the victims' house and a realization suddenly entered me.

". Why I didn't noticed this before?"

Seunghyun looked at me. "What?"

I stand up and get the subway station map. "All crime areas were coincidentally near at Subway Line 8." It is pretty far from us. Then I highlighted the stations involved. "If the culprit will continue to kill someone, most probably that the person will do it from these remaining stations." I put another highlight on those stations.

"Line 8 does have 17 stations. You mean to say that the killer won't stop until all stations are done?"

I clench my fist. "I hate to say this but that is very possible." Damn. I can't imagine who will be the culprit's next target.

"Now where s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter