08

A Foundation of Lies || Black Suits #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo offers his hand to Na Hee, assisting her to stand up properly. After doing so, he puts his body in front of hers. Standing in front of the female, Kyungsoo bores holes in every man’s eye. “I would kill you right now, but at least I acknowledge my surroundings. In case you don’t know, there are other girls up on stage right now.” Almost immediately, the men turn around and see the remaining girls on stage. They gulp and turn back to Kyungsoo.

                “I would watch your backs if I were you,” threatens Kyungsoo. “Just to let you know, she’s mine. You touch her again, and you will all die. I won’t even blink an eye – I won’t hesitate to shot you all.” In order to strengthen his threat, Kyungsoo shot a bullet through the ceiling. “The next thing that bullet will hit, will be your heart.”

                Na Hee’s hands shake as she wraps the blazer closer to her body. Blindly reaching for Na Hee’s hand, Kyungsoo manages to locate it. Holding it close to his, Kyungsoo gets a good grasp. “Your leader may be Kai’s best friend, but the next time you do something like this, I will personally get Kai to deliver your death sentences.” He turns to Na Hee. “Let’s go.”

 

                Na Hee allows Kyungsoo to lead her to his car. Out of the entire population at the warehouse, the person that she can come close to trusting is certainly Kyungsoo. The scenes that had occurred were horrific, to say the least. Shock has overwhelmed Na Hee, and the last thing Kyungsoo needs is an anxiety attack.

                “Yixing, I need to bring someone over to see you,” he says into his cellphone. After helping Na Hee into his car, Kyungsoo stepped outside and shared a call with Elemental’s physician.

                “I don’t think that would be a good idea – Jong In is currently resting right now.”

                “Just put him into a different room. I really need you to examine the patient.” Kyungsoo bites his lip, dire for medical help.

                “Alright, if it’s really urgent…which member is it this time? Chanyeol? Yi Fan?”

                “She’s not a member. But you need to see her. She can be trusted,” says Kyungsoo. 

                “Kyungsoo,” Yixing’s tone changes, “you know how I feel about strangers. I just don’t—“

                “Yixing,” Kyungsoo gravels, “you need to see her. I don’t care; I will come over.”

                Yixing sighs after contemplating his choices. “Fine, it’s not like I can stop you anyway.”

 

                “Jong In, we need to move you to a different room,” Yixing announces after getting off the phone with Kyungsoo. The said man is currently lying down on a bed, breathing softly through his nostrils. A sigh escapes Yixing’s parted lips. “Just how am I going to move this man?”

                Finally, Yixing shakes his head as he begins talking to himself. “I’ll just find another cot for the girl. If Kyungsoo says she’s trusted, then so be it. She probably knows who the leader of Elemental is anyway.” The doctor scurries to a different room as he unveils a suitable cot for the female.

                It’s safe to say that Zhang Yixing is the puzzle piece that fits two people together.

 

                Hurrying in with Na Hee in tow, Kyungsoo greets Yixing. His eyes fall on the sleeping figure tucked in the corner, but his eyes dart back to the center of the room. “Yixing, I think Na Hee is going through shock.” He helps Na Hee sit on the cot so that Yixing can work his magic.

                Beads of sweat collect on Na Hee’s forehead. Yixing frowns, quickly ordering Kyungsoo to fetch a wet towel. Feeling her forehead, Yixing’s frown deepens. Her skin is clammy and cold. When Kyungsoo arrives with the towel, Yixing accepts it before dabbing it on her forehead.

                “Lay her down,” Yixing says. In a matter of seconds, Na Hee’s breathing becomes quick and shallow. Yixing bites his lip, frustrated. “I need to hook her up to an IV bag. Her blood pressure is too low.” Slipping on latex gloves, Yixing sticks the needle into Na Hee’s vein. “This will ensure blood flow to her organs.”

                Kyungsoo ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter