13

A Foundation of Lies || Black Suits #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shino was a dutiful worker. Since his being at the pub, things flowed rather smoothly. In fact, his mysterious aura some female customers. They frequented more often, and of course, would not forget to bring the rest of their clique. Despite the profit that accumulated, Na Hee could not help but become wary of Shino. Her first impression of him was certainly not likeable, and he made no effort to change that. Even then, Na Hee could not shake off the feeling of constantly being watched by Shino. It was safe to say that Na Hee preferred less cash flow than Shino.

                On the nights Na Hee would close the bar by herself, Shino would still hang about the pub until she left. When she headed towards her apartment, she swore she heard footsteps behind her. However, those sounds were soon replaced by neighboring dogs that yapped away every time she passed by their gates.

                With the flickering street lights, Na Hee walks in the darkness. She is beyond tired, but she pushes herself to walk further. Only a block left. Immersed in her thoughts, Na Hee does not hear the leaves crinkle behind her. However, this time, someone calls out her name.

                “Na Hee.” Almost instantly, Na Hee raises her arms as a form of defense. She had two options – make a run for it, or kick the person unconscious and then run. Na Hee bites her lips. The latter option didn’t suitable for a girl like her, but she doesn’t have enough time to think about it. A figure immerges from the shadows. Na Hee’s breath heightens. I’ll run for it.

                However, just as she positions herself into a sprinting stance, Kyungsoo’s face is revealed. Na Hee heaves a sigh of relief. Despite this, she doesn’t drop her guard and is still cautious around Kyungsoo. It’s been five days since he made an appearance of her. Na Hee notices features that weren’t present days prior to their meeting. The dark rings that hang around Kyungsoo’s eyes are evident – he’s been sleep deprived.

                “You really shouldn’t be walking alone at a time like this,” Kyungsoo comments.

                “So what do you suggest, Mr. Do? Taking a non-existent bus home?”

                Kyungsoo sighs, dropping the topic entirely. “Have you been searching for a new place yet?”

                “No, and I told you – I’m perfectly satisfied with where I’m living.”

                “I also told you it wasn’t safe. Do you not trust me?”

                “Well seeing as how you’ve been stalking me, I don’t know, should I trust you?”

                “I wasn’t stalking you.”

                “So explain why you’re following me around in the darkness at 12AM in the morning?”

                “Move out,” Kyungsoo says sternly.

                “No.”

                “Move out.”

                “No,” Na Hee repeats; her stubbornness is getting into her head. “I don’t trust you.”

                “Give me one reason why you can’t trust me.”

                “Firstly, you’re a gangster. Secondly, you’re a gangster.”

                “You’re also talking to the same gangster who saved you from those b.astards at Red’s warehouse. I don’t know, can you trust me?”

                “Maybe you had a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter