11

A Foundation of Lies || Black Suits #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hacking into his bank account should be rather easy,” Kyungsoo says after Kai briefs him on Kwon Jiyong. “We’ll take it little by little, so it doesn’t come off as too obvious. I suggest giving some to charity so when the situation does arise, it won’t come as suspicious.”

                “Already one step ahead of you,” Luhan calls out from the adjacent room. The Chinese man scurries into the office with a laptop in tow. “Jiyong will believe that Dara is the one taking the money from his bank account, when really, we’ll be the ones transferring the money to the Yazuka.”

                “But of course, if we take down one member of the Kwon family, we need to take down the rest,” Baekhyun materializes next to Luhan. “It’s been noted that the parents are taking their annual wedding anniversary trip tomorrow. Chanyeol and Xiumin will be following them to the Bahamas then killing them as soon as the plane touches down on the foreign land. The parents’ deaths will be staged so that it’s accidental – a car accident or an airplane accident. Chanyeol and Xiumin haven’t decided quite yet, but knowing them, they’ll finish the parents off easily.”

                “And the security guards?” Kyungsoo asks.

                “It’s been known that the Kwon’s prefer having a security-free-vacation,” Luhan responds with his eyes still glued on the laptop screen.

                “Jiyong is in hiding right now, but in time, we’ll finish him and his fiancée off,” Baekhyun adds with utmost certainty. Just then, Jongdae pops his head from behind the door.

                “Change of plans – there’s security guards protecting the mansion 24/7. Jiyong is still missing in action and the parents have decided to forgo the vacation. Oh, and one last thing – the Kwon family has hired Chief Kang to be of assistance.”

                Kai balls his hands into fists and slams it against the maple wood table. “This isn’t as easy as it originally was. Let’s go back to the drawing board.”

                “Oh, and one last thing,” Jongdae says – almost meekly. “Kwon Jiyong has been in touch with RAD – I think he’s hiring them for more help.”

                “Well,” Kyungsoo says almost mockingly, “once RAD finds out who they’re dealing with, I don’t think they’ll accept his deal.”

                “Highly unlikely,” Jongdae shakes his head, “Dara Park is in charge of their clan.”

 

                “Who are these men? We found them on your property,” Chief Kang asks. Behind him are five males, all of whom could pass off as high school students. They restrain themselves from having to bow to Dara, knowing well enough that participating in formalities was not the concern of the moment – especially not with Chief Kang around.

                Dara sets the cup of tea down onto the table. “They’re just extra security – it doesn’t hurt to have more guards,” she calmly addresses. “However, I’m afraid, my mother-in-law isn’t particularly excited about the fact that you’re dispatching more officers around the house. She prefers having personally hired guards, and these boys are who we’ve decided to hire.”

                “Miss Park, I don’t know if I should mistake this as an insult. Allow me to remind you that we’re professionally trained officers and that you sought help in us.”

                “Yet, the government can be equally corrupt as drug lords in the black market. It may be a mistake on my part for not consulting my mother-in-law before I looked for you. Perhaps I should take that back,” Dara says firmly. “Allow me to remind you, Chief Kang, that I’ve hired you to trace the origins of those death threats.”

                “And I will stand corrected,” Chief Kang responds, “Very well then. I’ll be going now.” After the Chief exits the room, Dara relaxes in her chair.

                “You guys need to be more careful,” Dara sighs, “especially when you’re on the Kwon property. With the officers around, it’ll be dangerous for you guys. If only my mother-in-law hadn’t asked for government help. They’re such a hassle to deal with.”

                “Yes, sunbae,” the five men say in unison.

                “Very well then – be off on your way. Remember what we talked about in our last meeting. As for me, I have to deal with this s.hithead of a fiancée now.”

                “Yes, sunbae.”

 

                “Jong In, why did you even call me when you clearly didn’t need help,” Kyungsoo says, irritated.

                “This isn’t about Charades or Kwon Jiyong,” Kai says, eyes wandering to the environment outside. It was a bleak and cold winter day. The weather forecasts had predicted rain earlier in the week, but as Kai had assumed, it was only cloudy. Kai found television weather forecasts to be so inaccurate, which is why Kai rarely watches television of any sort. Then again, he never trusted easily to begin with, so why start with a stranger on television?

                “Choi Na Hee,” Kai paces around the room, indirectly causing Kyungsoo to shift uncomfortably. Kai had that effect on people. Perhaps it was the fact that he was the leader of a gang that housed about 10,000 gangsters, or perhaps it was the way that he dealt with his enemies. But regardless, Kyungsoo was always frightened in the slightest way. Throughout the years of being with Kai, Kyungsoo adapted to his merciless ways, but he was still intimidated by Kai’s aura. “I would prefer having your assistance, but I think it’s in everybody’s best interest to keep you stationed with Na Hee. I don’t trust anyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter