04

A Foundation of Lies || Black Suits #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai pulls up in front of a dilapidated building. Covered with graffiti markings, no one would dare approach this building, aside from the leader of Elemental. Not only was the appearance of the building threatening, but Kai – leader of Elemental – marked the building as his. And nobody messes with Kai or his belongings.

                But what many gangsters did not know, was that Kai had a certain belonging that would remain shrouded from the world. With the exception of his closest gang members knowing the secret, nobody knew about the existence of this “treasure.” Of course, this secret was something that remained untold to the world. If opposing gang leaders so happened to discover this secret, they would certainly use this to their advantage.  

                Kai entered the back of the warehouse after locking his sports car. Though it was rather dark, Kai managed to navigate through the building where his most prized “belonging” was patiently waiting for him. Bundled up in a wool sweater and a pair of jeans, the female certainly looked like she was ripped from the front pages of the winter edition of a magazine.

                Seeing Kai enter the room, the figure pushed her chair back with a screech. Standing up, she advanced towards the infamous gang leader. “Oppa,” her smile illuminates her face, “how are you holding up?”

                “Better question yet,” Kai returns the grin, “how are you doing?”

                “Hanging in there,” she pursed her lips, “it’s getting rather cold. You should take care of yourself more, oppa.” Removing her scarf from her neck, her porcelain skin is revealed. She wraps the red accessory over Kai’s neck. “Wearing a simple blazer is not enough. You need to take better care of yourself.”

                “Eun Hye,” Kai finally addresses the female by her name, “Yixing says that you aren’t taking your pills.”

                The smile on Eun Hye’s face falters. “Oh. So that’s why you came to visit me.”

                “Eun Hye,” Kai scolds, “you know better than that.”

                “Oppa, if you’re really busy with your business, then just leave. I don’t need to hear another lecture from anyone else, let alone you.” Eun Hye stuffs her hands into her pockets. “You’re busy, Jong In oppa. Just leave. I’ll remember to take my pills.”

                With that said, Eun Hye pushes Kai to the entrance. Kai spins around.

                “Eun Hye, please. Be an obedient sibling, so I don’t have to worry as much.”

                “I know,” Eun Hye says. Taking one last glance at his younger sister, Kai heads outside without saying goodbye. Eun Hye sighs, after hearing her olde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter