05

A Foundation of Lies || Black Suits #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo watches the figure descend into the darkness. The broad shoulders appear rather familiar, but Kyungsoo cannot place a finger on the identity of the figure. Through the sheet of rain, Kyungsoo sees Na Hee walk along the street with an umbrella.

                Breathing a sigh of relief, Kyungsoo feels suddenly comforted that Na Hee hadn’t been walking in the rain with a simple hoodie. This thought troubles Kyungsoo. He shouldn’t be caring for someone he barely knows, let alone a girl. He speeds ahead Na Hee, not bothering to catch a glimpse of her face.

 

                “Are you trailing her well?” Kai asks.

                “Of course I am,” Kyungsoo replies, “she has the same routine every single day. She hasn’t seen anybody either, so I think she’s safe with our secret.”

                “Even then, we should have people following her.”

                “Why?” The question slips through Kyungsoo’s lips before he can even realize it. In a gang, the key to surviving is to not ask questions. To be more specific, do not question the leader’s actions. Yet, Kyungsoo had done so.

                “Just because,” Kai answers with a mere shrug, “Oh. And before I forget, you do not need to track Bang Yongguk anymore. It’s confirmed that he has a ion ring. I plan to infiltrate his warehouse and gain control of it.”

                “Bang Yongguk?” Kyungsoo asks. “Isn’t he the heir of that new hotel?”

                “The female employees of that new hotel are his es. I say it’s clever of him to do that, but at the same time, there are CCTV’s located everywhere in his hotel. He has a popular crowd supporting him, but only because they have been selling women to the customers.”

                “Minseok hacked into the system?” Kyungsoo assumes.

                “Exactly. Our Japanese counterparts are thirsty for women company, so why not give them an early Christmas present?” Kai smirks.

                “What are they giving in exchange?” Kyungsoo knows that in the mobster world, there is nothing for free. There’s always something that is traded, whether it be a person, money, or shipments.

                “Giving us control to their drugs. And if that doesn’t do it, I’ll have Yi Fan kill their leader. The Chinese have been putting pressure on Luhan to give them the drugs they want. You know how terribly Luhan works under pressure.”

                “You’re ruthless, Jong In,” Kyungsoo says lightly. But he means it entirely.

                “I know. If you want to be a successful gang leader, this is what you have to do.”

 

                “Na Hee, I need to speak with you,” Hakyeon announced as soon as he spotted the female enter the bar. She was bewildered, to say the least. Jae Hwan and Yun Hye exchanged glances, both confused. Hakyeon n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter