06

A Foundation of Lies || Black Suits #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Na Hee is nowhere to be seen, Kyungsoo concludes. After circling around the block for the umpteenth time, Kyungsoo jabs his fist into the driver’s wheel. Just as Kyungsoo is about to dial for Hakyeon’s number, his phone rings.

                An unfamiliar number pops up, but Kyungsoo answers it nonetheless.

                “Hello?”

                “Do Kyungsoo, are you looking for your girlfriend by any chance?” Bang Yongguk’s voice replies almost instantly. Eyes hardening, Kyungsoo grips the driver’s wheel tighter.

                “Bang Yongguk, what have you done with her?”

                “Just having a little fun, like you had fun trailing me, isn’t that right? It’s a pity that Jong In instructed you to stop. I miss seeing what car you drove each day. You know –“

                “Yongguk,” growls Kyungsoo, “stop with your folly. Give back the girl. Or else –“

                “Or else what?” Yongguk interjects. “You’re going to run to Jong In? Though, I wouldn’t mind seeing my friend for old times’ sake. You know what? I’m going to call him up. I wonder if he knows about your girlfriend. It’s rather –“

                Kyungsoo clenches his jaw. “Don’t lay a finger on her. Don’t you dare, Bang Yongguk.” The next thing Kyungsoo hears is the line click. Without having another moment be wasted, Kyungsoo hurriedly dials Minseok’s number.

                “I need you to track Bang Yongguk right now.”

 

                Na Hee stirs. Feeling the ropes bound to her ankles and wrists, Na Hee closes her eyes.  She attempts to steady her breathing. I must remain calm, she reminds herself. Through the thinly built wall, Na Hee can hear her kidnapper speak.

                “After they pay us, we’re going to ship the girl to Japan. She’ll complete the latest batch of s.luts. I don’t care how you’re going to do it, but I want it to be done cleanly. Elemental can spare a few girls, don’t you think?”

                “Yes, sunbae.” Na Hee bites her lips. She knows they’re talking about her. After working around gangsters for so long, Na Hee knows what kind of business is run with females. Plus, gangsters have not only touched her in the wrong places but also made dirty promises to her. Na Hee shuts her eyes. I need to get out of here.

                “Do you think Elemental’s leader will come?”

                “No. Though I’m quite certain Do Kyungsoo will. After all, she’s his girlfriend.” Na Hee’s ears perk in interest after hearing the familiar name. Although she’s only spoken with him once, he’s the only person that can save her as of now. Her colleagues are clearly out of the question.

                “Man, is the girl really unconscious after all this time? I’m surprised Himchan managed to put her out for that long. Those drugs have no effect on us.”

                “Obviously!  Because you’ve been getting high yourself,” the husky voice scolds. “I’m going to the ring to check up on the girls. You stay here.”

                “Yes, Yongguk sunbae.”

 

                Kai approaches the young male who is furiously typing at his computer. “Minseok, do you have the documents printed out?” Upon hearing no reply, Kai views Minseok’s computer screen. He can differentiate the map of Seoul.

                “I’ll send you the details, Kyungsoo. Do you need reinforcements?” Minseok speaks into his phone. Jong In furrows his eyebrows, noticing the phone for the first time. “Okay, I’ll send over Jongdae and Baekhyun.”

                Kai shifts another time. He can’t hold it any longer. Snatching the mobile device away from Minseok, Kai speaks. “What’s wrong, Kyungsoo?” Minseok is left gaping at Kai, clearly flustered.

                “Jong In, I can’t speak right now. Please put Minseok back on the line.”

                “Kyungsoo,” Kai says, “tell me.”

                “Na Hee got kidnapped by Red. Yongguk wants a ransom, but I’m not going to give it to him. You need to send out your team to get the e ring. I think he’s planning to flee to Japan soon.”

                Kai’s heart drops, upon hearing this news. “No. I’m going to meet Yongguk personally. He shifts the phone away from his mouth, so he can speak to Minseok. “Tell Jongdae and Baekhyun to go to Red’s warehouse. Bring the rest of our gang there. I’m going to go to Kyungsoo right now.” Minseok shakes his head, not wanting to fulfill the orders.

                “Minseok, go now. You’re in charge of the gang for now.” Minseok sighs, before leaving the room. Kai nods approvingly and returns to his phone conversation. “I’ll meet you in ten minutes.”

 

                “Kai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter