03

A Foundation of Lies || Black Suits #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll see you in twenty,” he hangs up first. Waving over his men, the leader of Elemental gives instructions to his followers. “Tao, you’re in charge of things. I need to leave. Something happened back in Seoul.” Without further ado, Kai continued to his car.  

                “Return safely,” Tao bowed his head before telling the other men to clean up the carcass. The water was murky with blood and torn apart human flesh. Smelling the pungent smell of rotten flesh, Tao turned away in disgust.  Kai’s message was clear to every Elemental member. Trust is not something to be joked around with especially in Kim Jong In’s dictionary.

 

                “Drive back, the men will need you there. Tao doesn’t enjoy cleaning up after messes like these – he could certainly use your help.” Kai instructed his driver as he got out of the car. He spotted the helicopter hovering above the vacant concrete land before waving at the pilot. The rope ladder dropped, allowing Kai to climb into the helicopter.

                “Sunbae,” the men uttered in unison.

                Kai nodded, acknowledging their greeting. “Fly to our warehouse – Kyungsoo is waiting for us there.”

 

                Kyungsoo could hear the helicopter descend onto the rooftop of the warehouse. Casting one last look at the unconscious female, Kyungsoo rushed outside to meet with the leader of the gang. The helicopter flew off, a few seconds later after Kai emerged from the darkness.

                “Who found out?” Kai asked.

                “I think she’s an employee of ours,” Kyungsoo said, “Choi Na Hee.”

                Kai blinked at Kyungsoo, as if disbelieving his right-hand man. “Choi Na Hee?” he repeated.

                “Come, she’s inside,” Kyungsoo gestured for his leader to enter the warehouse.

 

                “You’re saying she was hiding in the janitor’s closet?” Kai inquired, after Kyungsoo had explained what had happened. Kyungsoo nodded in response.

                “Kyungsoo, this isn’t like you to make such a big mistake,” scolded Kai.

                “I know, Jong In. She caught me by surprise. If I hadn’t spotted the tray of water on the deck of the second floor, I wouldn’t have known.”

                “Well at least you brought her here,” Kai said, eyes still glued on the closed eyelids of Na Hee. “I have to visit Eun Hye. For now, keep Na Hee under your watch. Let her work, but keep an eye on her. If situations get risky, take her into our company. It’s best if we keep her as close to us as possible.”

                Slightly bewildered, Kyungsoo bit his lips. “Jong In, by now, you would have stuffed money into her bank account and threaten her not to speak a word of this event. What’s different about this time?”

                In response, Kai closed his eyes. “I need to visit Eun Hye. We’ll talk tomorrow.” With that said, the young male walks out of the warehouse where a stationary car awaits its owner. Kai zooms off into the night.

 

                Na Hee opened her eyes, adjusting to the lighted room. Snuggling her nose deeper into the sweet-smelling pillow, Na Hee suddenly realized she was not at her dingy apartment. In her dingy apartment, her bed was merely the floor, a thin blanket, and a jacket.  Startled, she sprang out of bed, quickly recalling last night’s events.

                Looking down, Na Hee was still wearing her black work uniform. The apron had now disappeared, but that was the only thing that was missing. Cautiously o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter