12

A Foundation of Lies || Black Suits #1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “My daughter-in-law is no ordinary woman,” Mrs. Kwon says, “though she may appear petite, she has a black belt in any martial art you can possibly name.”

                “Has she informed you about hiring personal bodyguards in placement of the deputies?”

                “Ah, yes,” Mrs. Kwon nods, “To be honest with you, Chief Kang, I’m quite uncomfortable with having deputies around the house. I feel more comfortable with personally hired bodyguards. I guess it’s the lifestyle I am accustomed to.”

                “How did you meet Miss Park?”

                “I didn’t, actually. I didn’t officially meet her until Jiyong came back from Japan with her. She just…appeared. Chief Kang, you don’t suspect my daughter-in-law to be threatening my son, do you?”

                A crease forms over Chief Kang’s forehead. “Of course not,” Chief Kang immediately denies. “I just wanted to know more about her. She’s very quiet and reserved, so I figured that I’d ask you instead.”

                Fortunately, Mrs. Kwon buys the lie and nods. “I suppose so, but if I’m not mistaken, she wasn’t born in Korea. She lived in Japan for most of her life.”

 

                The car was concealed in darkness. Heavy branches fall overhead, disguising the sleek black car. Moonlight streamed through the leaves, acting as the only source of light. The beach nearby was non-frequented, therefore, there were non-existent lights. Two figures moved in sync in the car.

                “It’s been difficult to see you nowadays – how are you holding up?” The man sitting on the driver’s side strums the wheel with his fingers.

                “The Yazuka is seeking help in us,” the other man says.

                “So I’ve heard. Let me guess – Dara Park was the Yazuka’s former fiancée.”

                “Chief Kang,” the man chuckles, “if you already know the details, why call me out? It’s a given that I’m busy around this time.”

                “Which is specifically why I’m calling you out – this is the only time we can kill multiple birds with one stone. With the right timing, we can bring all the culprits to jail.”

                “That isn’t the saying, Chief.”

                “Don’t play smarta.ss with me.”

                A brief pause follows after. Then the man speaks up. “So what’s your plan then, Chief?”

                “Dara Park is some leader of a clan, otherwise, the Yazuka would never want to marry such a weak woman. You know the Japanese – they only see power and power only. I’m sure she has more connections than just being the head of a clan.”

                “So you’re saying we take Dara into custody?” The man scoffs. “If you expect to take down multiple gangs at once, that’s mayhem. If you’re planning to bring down the Triads, that’s suicide.”

                Chief Kang sighs. “I’ll be in contact with you, Four.”

 

                “Message is in – the Yazuka don’t want us to kill Dara Park anymore. They want us to bring both Dara and Kwon Jiyong to them,” Sehun enters the meeting room, where the nine men are gathered.

                “Turns out,” Yi Fan voices, “the Yazuka didn’t just seek help in Charades. They also asked the Chinese for help. Knowing our Chinese neighbors, they’re already filing in their men into South Korea. I’m trying to get a hold of my men in China to stop them from pouring in.”

                Kai contemplates before he paces around. “Yi Fan, take Luhan with you to China to suppress our bordering neighbors. Hold back Wei and his men if you can.”

                Luhan scoffs. “Knowing Wei, he’ll probably refuse.”

                “Offer them a month’s worth of shipment. If they still say no, throw in guns. I think Chanyeol can supply some,” Kai says. His eyes land on the man mentioned. Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter