Finale

The Nanny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Nanny

 

 

Months later... 

 

 

 

 

Dear Sulli, 

 

It's been several months since we've spoken. 


Even so, the things you said in the seminar haunts me everyday.


And now looking back I don't know what to say... except thank you... and I'm sorry.


Thank you because you really did a good job as a Nanny to Yoogeun. As you see, I have no idea about motherhood or should I say I failed being his guardian. You were so right, of all our privileges Yoogeun is our greatest. Thinking about it, we desperately someone to show us that. 


You did.


And for that we owe you the world. 

 

You may or may not be surprised that me and Yunho who happened to be your boss... actually trying to rekindle our relationship again. And I think, I owe it to you too. For I become a new person, I've learned what's lacking on me. It's the respect for others. 

 

Yeah, it's good. 

 

So I'm pretty confident that if our path cross again.. we'll be getting along just fine. 

 

Rather to stress my heartfelt sorry. Please know that I wish you all the best in life. 

 


Sincerely...


Victoria

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sulli faint a smile as she read the content of Ms. Victoria's letter that was mailed to her in their apartment this morning as she only got the chance to read it in the office. It was the first time she got news from them since they parted. She returned the letter inside her purse and got back to work. But she already lost her focus as she couldn't stop thinking about Mr. Minho. His handsome face kept appearing in her mind, his voice and even the rhythm of his speech echoing in her head. It's been a long while and she wondered how was he doing. 

 

 

 

 

 

__

 

 

 

Ever since Sulli's exit Minho tried being a hands on Dad to Yoogeun. Far from the usual, those days that he spent most of his time from the office. Allowing others to fetch Yoogeun from school, asked Mr. Kim to keep the child company during his football practice. Those were long gone now, as he realized that he has been missing a lot, that nothing more important than seeing his child grow. He begun to learn new things. He thought it is more fulfilling to become a full time Dad rather to just expand his wealth. That, he owes Sulli. She had taught him everything about parenthood. It's an irony that she knows a lot more than a real parents does. 

 

 
"Daddy! Daddy, I'm home!!" Yoogeun's voice. 

 


Minho smiled as he heard his son's voice coming from the living room. He got up from his seat and reach the doorknob and went out as he was in the mini library of the house doing some paper works that he brought home from his office while waiting for Yoogeun to come home from school.

 

"Hi! Mr. Tattle-tale. How's school?" he said as he called Yoogeun using Sulli's endearment given to him. As it was also what his son wanted to call him. Though, lately he seldom mentioned about the lady anymore, unlike the past months that he always asking him about her. Glad that Yoogeun didn't suffer from much separation anxiety unlike him. Maybe his son is more mature enough to accept things, as he visualize it in a more positive way. 

 


"Just fine Daddy! I got three star from my piano recital at school!" said Yoogeun happily showing him the three marks on her wrist.

 

"Wow, that is... awesome?" said Minho with a crease brow as he still learning to appreciate little things from Yoogeun's achievements as he merely showed how proud a Dad he was, well.. that was before. He ruflled his son's hair. "Sorry, Daddy missed your first recital." he said.

 

"It's okay... Mommy was there." said Yoogeun with a smile.

 

"U-huh!" Minho said nodding and smile at his son. And yes, he already make amends and try to fixed whatever grudge he has with Yuri. Honesty.. of course it has something to do with what Sulli said and he did. But he still had to proceed to legalities procedure to protect his possessions.

 

 


Flasback...

 

 

 

Minho saw Yuri arrive at the restaurant. Her eyes wandered looking for him inside the resto, finally going over to one of the waitress who pointed his direction. Yuri has seen them.. yes, he wasn't alone as he was with Mr. Kim and his lawyer. Minho stood up, being a gentleman he pulled a chair for his ex-wife to sit in just before she came over the table. And went back to his own seat.

 

"Please sit down." said Minho formally motioning the empty seat that was for her. 

 

"Thank You.." said Yuri. 

 

Then a moment of silent pass through them. Minho's lawyer was the first one to open the conversation. 

 

The lawyer clear his throat before he spoken. "First, I am Attorney Park Sukjin. Mr. Choi Minho's lawyer... and my client would want to reconsider the motion you filed in the court." 

 

Yuri force a smile. "That's a progress. So, this meeting is what is all about?" she said nodding.

 

"Yes. Do you expect anything else?" said Minho.

 

"We'll sort of.. I thought it would only be the two of us." said Yuri which made Mr. Kim clear his throat indication of something. 

 

"If you'll excuse us." said Mr. Kim.

 

Minho's brows creased and shook his head. "Atty. Park proceed please." he said to avoid more misinterpretation.

 

"Stop.." said Yuri waving a hand. "Just send my own copy through my lawyer." she added. 

 

"That's all?" Minho asked. 

 

"Yeah, I'd rather enjoy this lunch meeting with you." Yuri said which made Minho furrowed wondering what she's into.

 

"Attorney Park, I think we must go first. Excuse us Mr. Choi, Ms. Kwon." said Mr. Kim as he stood up first from his seat followed by his lawyer and bowed as they leave.

 

Yuri was the first one to open the conversation. "So what made you change your mind?" she asked.

 

"I just thought... it's the right thing to do." said Minho.

 

"Is it because of her?" asked Yuri blantly.

 

Minho faint smile and nodded. "Yes, beacuse of her." he admitted.

 

 


Yuri let out a slight chuckle, she haven't seen this side of Minho before. He was tough with all of his decisions in the past but it all change just because of a lady. When she thought she could still get him back... but he was never hers in the first place. She guess, she had accepted it for a long time. So she rather focus to become a better Mom to Yoogeun... and make up for the times that she wasn't able to show it to her child. "I'm happy for you?" she sincerely said.

 

"Happy with what?" Minho asked confused.

 

"For finding a woman that suits you?" she said.

 

Minho smirked. "You can say that." he said then shrugged.

 

"I think you two match. She's a fine woman. She'll be a good wife.. and a Mom too." said Yuri as she can sense he doesn't want to open up about her.

 

"Well yeah..." Minho replied with a sigh.

 

"So?" Yuri asked.

 

Minho rolled his eyes. "Are you here to interogate me? Are we supposedly talking about Yoogeun and not with my personal affair?" he said. 

 

Yuri chuckled. "You haven't change. The ever mysterious Choi Minho. I bet you can't be like your old self around her. She seem a tough woman and will bust you off in case you don't behave well." she said.

 

"You bet..." Minho said.

 

Yuri then know that his ex-husband is really inlove with her son's ex- Nanny. "Then, get her." she said. 

 

Minho was taken a back. "Is that you, Yuri?" he said in amusement.

 

Yuri just shrugged. "I know my son likes her, too. So, I wish you luck." she said with a smile. 

 

The lunch did ended well as they both compromise and settled whatever they had in the past to start a new, being a good parents to Yoogeun. 

 

 


♦♦♦

 

 

 

"But Daddy I'm hungry.. Mom was in a hurry. She was really sorry, she can't treat me to lunch today. " said Yoogeun in a pout.

 

"Oh.. but Daddy didn't cook anything yet." said Minho and yes.. he had learned to cook pasta as it's the only easy recipe that he was able to practice in the kitchen. 

 

"I have an idea." Yoogeun said as he took his hand and drag him to the kitchen. 

 

"So what Mr. Tattle-tale wants?" Minho asked.

 

"There.. peanut butter with jam." said Yoogeun pointing the said item from the pantry.

 

"Okay... do you need a bread?" Minho asked as he settled him first on the long chair infront of the counter. 

 

Yoogeun shook his head. "Nope, I just need a spoon Daddy." he said.

 

Minho furrowed his brows but do as his son said. "Okay.." he said handed him a spoon. He watched Yoogeun scooped a spoonful amount of peanut butter from the jar and feed himself. He shook his head. "Yoogie baby, that's not how to eat that." he said.

 

Yoogeun shook his head. "Try it, it's good." he said as he scoop another spoonful amount and yank accross the counter to feed him. 

 

Minho chuckled as he let his son feed him. "Hmm..." he mumbled.

 

"It's yummy, right?" said Yoogeun smiling in satisfaction. 

 

Minho nodded. "Yeah.. that was yummy indeed." he said. "Who taught you this?" he asked.

 

Yoogeun didn't answer as he just look at him for awhile.

 

"What?" Minho asked. "Do I have something on my face?" he asked curiously.

 

Yoogeun smiled shaking his head. "Nanny.." he said. "Nanny.. taught me this." he added.

 


Minho stop for a second. He remembered she mentioned it from the seminar.. he then faint a smile and ruffled Yoogen's hair.

 

"Daddy.. do you miss Nanny?" Yoogeun asked to his surprise. 

 

"Huh?" Minho asked. "No.." he denied.

 

"I know, you like Nanny." said Yoogeun. "I even saw you two kissing... when we where in... in.." said Yoogeun scratching his nape as he forgot where it happened. 

 

Minho chuckled. "Did you?" he asked.

 

Yoogeun nodded. "But Uncle Taemin covered my eyes." he said with a pout. 

 

Minho just smiled as he stared at his son. He's growing up so fast as he's aware with this kind of things. He'll just turning five in the next few months and... he's already aware of what is happening in his surroundings. "Why are you too smart baby?" he said as he reach for him and kissed his son on his forehead. "Go get a shower baby. We'll go somewhere." h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter