Chapter Twenty Six

The Nanny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Nanny 

 

 


The moment Sulli stepped at the entrance of the ballroom hall all eyes were darted at her and she has no idea why. Her eyes wandered at the crowd looking for someone in particular... and the person she's looking for was on the stage staring at her from a far mindlessly.. she was dazzled by the flashes of camera. It was as if she was in the middle of a movie.. she faced palm trying to hide her face, The least she wanted was to see herself at the frontpage of a tabloid or newspapers. Why do they even wanted her to be their subject.. which in fact she is a nobody. She's just Mr. Minho son's Nanny. Thankfully Mr. Kim held her arm and gesture her to the side..


"Are you okay Ms. Sulli?" asked Mr.Kim.


"Ha? Ah of course.. why wouldn't I be okay?" she said.


"I mean those medias were harrassing you.. by taking your photos." said Mr. Kim.


"But why? I mean.. why do they even bother to take my photos when I'm just a nobody." she shrugged.


"Well.. I guess someone was captivated by your looks tonight and he's been staring at you the moment you entered the hall." said Mr. Kim which made her furrow her brows.


"Are you talking about your boss?" she asked bluntly.


Mr. Kim just shrugged... then they heard Mr. Minho continued his speech. 

 

"There is no short-cut to success... Luck is not a chance.. to me luck is another name for hardwork. Failures.. it face us at every step. Success can be achieved by those who do not mind failures, but struggle on till the end is reached. And when our energy fails us, we should remember the Rome was not built in a day. With that in mind fresh vigor and energy will infuse to us. But we must not think that the success can be achieved with the help of Aladdin’s lamp.. perseverance and fortitude in order to earned fortune's smile." 

 

Sulli was moved by his words.. he was excellent. She can hear the crowd gave him an applause after his speech. He was indeed successful from his own perception. Somehow Sulli felt grateful that she became a part of Mr. Minho's life.. as she was learning a lot from him. It made her realized now that... it's okay to fail. She smiled and join the crowd to give Mr. Minho an around of applause. 

 

"Thank you Mr. Choi for the wonderful speech.." said the host.


"I didn't say I'm done yet.." Mr. Minho interrupted which made the crowd went silent again.


"Oh?.. I'm sorry Mr. Choi the floor is still yours. Please continue" said the host and bowed at the head apologetically. Minho just chuckled.


"At the middle of my speech... I paused for a moment and the media took someone's photo of a woman. Would you mind if I ask you to give me the copies of those photos?" said Mr. Minho which made her creased her brow.


"Yah.. Mr. Kim what is he talking? Was it still a part of his speech?" she nudge Mr. Kim.


"Ssshh.. just listen and watch him." said Mr. Kim.

 


"Ah Mr. Choi excuse me.. can we ask if who was that woman? I mean what is she to you?" asked the media man.


"I'm sorry.. we don't entertain such question." said the host.. "I'm sorry Mr. Choi." the host turned to the Mr. Minho.. 


Mr. Minho just shoved his hand. "It's okay... I don't tend to talk about my personal life in public.. pardon me. But then.. let me ask a favor not to screw things for me. That woman is not a public figure.. as much as I want to tell the world how she change me in a span of time.. we're not on that part, yet. You don't want me to be scolded later.. do you?" said Mr. Minho which made the crowd laugh. "And I'm also kinda possesive.." he added humorously... as if giving a hint.


"Of course Mr. Choi.. we respect that. We'll give you all the copies and we won't include any in the article. It's already a privilege to be a part of this big clebration of your company. We wish you best Mr. Choi.. get the woman's heart." said one of the media man.. who seemed to be the head.

 

"Thank you. I will rely on that." said Mr. Choi.. 

 

 

 

Sulli chuckled on where she stood... she knew her face turned red at what the man's last said. Mr. Minho smiled as his eyes roamed the crowd to find where she is.. their eyes locked the moment he found her. Mr. Minho give her his dashing smile.. and she just smile back and bent her head down as the crowd seemed following Mr. Minho's gaze. 


"Aish.. your boss." she said towards Mr. Kim.


"Isn't he daring?" Mr. Kim chuckled. "Or should I say possessed?" he added.


Sulli giggled with Mr. Kim's quirkiness. "You're talking behind your boss back." she said.


"It's a little secret. You think so, right?" Mr. Kim said.


"Yeah, whatever." she agreed as she giggled. Mr. Kim just smirk and shook his head.

 

 

 

 


__

 

 

 

Sulli roamed around the ballroom hall as she was looking for Yoogeun when she met Mr. Yunho on her way.


"Jinri?" Mr. Yunho called out.

 
"Ah..Mr. Yunho." she said as she slightly bent her head to acknowledge him.


"I almost didn't recognize you." Mr. Yunho said.


"Should I take it as a compliment?" she teased. 


"More than that.. I'm glad I see you here." he said. "Uhmm.. drinks?" Mr. Yunho motioned her a glass of wine but she refuse to take it.


"I am actually looking for Yoogeun." she said.


"Oh that... by the way I haven't apologize yet. I'm sorry about what happened back there in Busan." Mr. Yunho said as he's trying to start a conversation. It was just the first time they met after the incident.


"Forget about it.."she said smiling genuinely at him.


Mr. Yunho let out a sigh of relief. "So.. can I ask you for a dance?" he said which made her taken aback.


"Ah?..hmm" she mumbles.. turning her head to the other side as she felt  worried might Mr. Minho saw them and cause a commotion.. which made her thought why she's even worried about it? It's not as though she and Mr. Yunho committing a sin, right?


"Are you scared.. might someone get jealous?" Mr. Yunho asked suddenly trying to guess her thoughts at the moment.


"Ha? No.. of course not. Let's.. go?." she said hesitantly as she gestured her hand towards the ballroom floor.

 

 

 


__

 


Minho clenched his fist as he saw Sulli dancing with Yunho.. he's been looking at her from the crowd and he found her there at the ballroom floor together with Yunho talking and laughing sweetly while slapping slightly the man's arm.


"Jealous?" Victoria said slightly nudging her.


Minho just glared. "Are you?" he snap back. 


Victoria just smirked. "Wanna dance?" she said instead.


Minho heaved a sigh as he motioned his arms to Vic. "Let's go." he said just then when Vic clung onto his arm as they joined the other couple at the ballroom floor. 

 

 

 

__

 


Sulli pretended that she didn't notice the two as she and Mr. Yunho swayed to Lauryn Hill's version of "Can't Take My Eyes of You."

 

Pardon the way that I stare.

There's nothing else to compare.

The sight of you leaves me weak.

There are no words left to speak.

But if you feel like I feel.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter