Chapter Thirty

The Nanny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Nanny

 

 

Amber's car parked on the driveway of the Choi's just as they arrived. Sulli can still see the worried faces of everyone the moment they entered the house. They let Yoogeun entered first as everyone was silently waiting in the living room.

 

"Yoogeun!!" Ms. Victoria and Krystal was the first to stood the moment they saw the kid.


"Aunt Vic and Aunt Krystal!!" Yoogeun casually replied as he both gave the two a kiss on the cheek... as if nothing happened.. as if he didn't cause everyone a total chaos.  "Uncle Tae!!" Yoogeun run towards Taemin and clung onto the lad's waist.


"Yoogie-oh.." Taemin said as he ruffled the kids hair. 


"But why is everyone here?" asked Yoogeun innocently as his eyes roamed around to the people in the living room. Everyone exchanges glances but nobody dares to talk. 

 

 

"Yoogeun.." with a serious face Mr. Minho finally spoke..


"Daddy.." Yoogeun utter.


Minho slightly nod and made a hand gesture towards Yoogeun to come near him. He knew his Dad was mad just by looking at his serious face.. the kid hesitantly step towards Minho.. standing still infront of his Dad and bent his head as he knew he did something wrong. 


"I'm sorry Daddy." said Yoogeun. 

 


Minho didn't say anything as he just stared at him.. still with a serious face. He don't know how to deal with the situation. He can't just let his anger rule over him... as it won't help the kid. Minho look at Sulli as if asking her what to do.. and she just gave him a slight nod. 

 

 

"Uhmm.. I believe they needed a moment." said Amber trying to break the tension.


"I believe so." Krystal seconded as the latter motioned everyone to give a room for Mr. Minho and Yoogeun to be alone. 


"Sulli?" her Mom nudge her slightly as she didn't move from where she stood.


"Just a moment Mom.. I'll follow." she said. Her Mom shrugged and followed the rest.

 


She heard Mr. Minho  heaved a sighed as he knelt down and hold Yoogeun's forearms. 


"Are you okay?" Mr. Minho asked. Sulli just stood at the corner.. and watch them. 


Yoogeun nodded. "I am okay Daddy." the kid answered.


"You know Daddy is mad right?" Mr. Minho said. 


Yoogeun look at his Dad apologetically and nodded. "Daddy.. please don't get mad at Nanny. It was all my fault, I runaway." said Yoogeun.


"I'm actually not mad at anyone." said Mr. Minho which made her furrowed. "I am mad more to myself.. because I don't get you... I mean why Daddy can't understand how you felt Yoogeun?" asked Mr. Minho who seemed trying hard to fight back the emotion of shame he was feeling. 


Yoogeun just look at his Dad. His little arms reached his Daddy's neck and held them into embrace.


"I'm sorry son." said Mr. Minho in between sobs.


Sulli felt warmth watching the two.. as she wiped the tears stream down her own face and left them. Now she has to face her own issues. 

 

 

 

__

 

 

 

 

"Mom . . . I . . . I don't know how to-" she said in stutter the moment she and her Mom got the chance to be alone in one corner.


"So you're working as a Nanny?" her Mom cut her off. 


Sulli bit her lips.. "Yes." she admitted without looking at her Mom. She knew her Mom was mad..  her voice said it all. She was totally disappointed.


"Why'd you lie to me Jinri?" asked her Mom.. 


"I'd never lied to you.." she answered.


Her Mom let out a groan. "Never?" she asked.


"Ever.." she said...


"I know.." her Mom replied with sarcasm.


"I just... I wanted to tell you-" she stuttered.


"Then why didn't you tell me?" her Mom cut her again.


"I will.." she said.


"Then...?" her Mom asked.


"Oh, Mom.. I couldn't handle it anymore.." she wince. "I just couldn't handle it..." she continued.


"The what?" her Mom asked. "Look at me.." her Mom added as she held up her chin so she could look at her in the eye. "What couldn't you handle? You're young, you're smart, you're energetic. You got this incredibly bright future ahead of you... and then what happened?" her Mom asked.


"It was too bright, Mom." she answered... as if she was back again to the person who first stepped the Choi Empire building. Lost. She was feeling lost again at that very moment.


"All right?" her Mom asked.. trying to catch up with the Jinri she was seeing now. 


"I just . . . I just . . . I got . . . I had to get away." she said stuttering. 


"And do this? As if this was your last option?" her Mom asked in disbelief.


"You  have to understand Mom.." she said.


"Understand? Every night shift I worked, every overtime hour I accepted, I did it because I wanted something better for you than I had. And you are telling me now to understand?" her Mom said... trying to maintain her calmed voice. 


"I'm sorry Mom.." she said.


"And worst you connive everyone to make me believe of something unreal. I wasn't expecting this from you Jinri. Not at all." her Mom said throwing her hands. The way she said the words.. she knew she was hurt. "Enlighten me, Jinri. So I would understand.. because as I can see it. The way everyone treated you. The four-year degree you had finished in College was now all worthless. You deserve something better... better than this." her Mom added.


"It's because you expect too much Mom." Sulli reasoned out.


"Well yeah, maybe I expected to much." her Mom said.


"And I don't... " said Sulli... as she was pertaining to herself.


Her Mom shut her eyes... a variety of expressions fleeted across her Mom's face. "Call me when this phase of your life is over.." she finally said shoving her hands on her and called Amber. 

 

 


"Auntie? Sulli?.. have you guys talked?" asked Amber looking at them. Her Mom nodded.


"I know you're a part of this Amber. I know you're just being a good friend, I can't blame you. Let's go.. just send me off to the bus station." said her Mom as she headed first towards the gate. 

 


"I'm sorry Ssul." said Amber and hugged her. 


Sulli just nodded as the lass patted her back. "Thank you.. take care of Mom." she said. Amber nodded and followed her Mom. She was left more frustrated at herself more than ever.. watching Amber's car driving away. 

 

 


"You never mentioned you had a Mother, Nanny.." said Ms. Victoria who passed by her. Sulli look at the lady displeased. 


"Victoria!!" Mr. Yunho exclaimed.. the lady just raised her brow then shrugged.


"Oh well.. you know you'll be responsible with this even if this isn't your fault, Nanny?" said Ms. Victoria. "See you on the following days." the lady added and left. She desparately wanted to yell out after her... but it was like one of  those awful dreams where she had no voice. Like clearly, the lady is heinous... 

 


"Jinri... I'm sorry about Victoria's behaviour." Mr. Yunho approached her. She only nodded. "You know my offer still stand.. if ever you change your mind. Just call me, okay?" he reminded. 


"Thank you Mr. U-know." she smiled wryly. 


"We'll get going. You should rest." Mr. Yunho said as he bid farewell and follow the lady

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter