Chapter Twenty Nine

The Nanny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Nanny

 


Sulli thoughtfully sat at the sidewalk nearby the gate of the Choi's house cradling her knees in her arms with a sombre expression.. trying to get her brain around the way where she could possibly find Yoogeun.. but all she can do was sit there and stared blankly. 


"Sulli!" she heard Amber's voice calling her but she didn't move.. until the latter nudge her. 


"Huh?" she asked stupefied.


"Jinri!!" her Mom joined them.. as she enclosed her to an embrace. 


"Mom!!" she exclaimed.. biting back the tears that threatened to overwhelm her.


"I won't ask any question for now.. but you promise me you'll explain everything to me later. Okay?" her Mom said.. as she sooth her back.


"What exactly happened? Have you already seen Yoogeun?" asked Amber.. Sulli look at her and just shake her head.


"I've been around the village but I haven't seen any of his trace." she explained.


Amber heaved a sigh. "Where's that kid!? Okay.. when was the last time you seen him?" she asked.


"He was in his room.. taking a nap. Then I fell asleep as well." she said... as she no longer mind weither her Mom was hearing the conversation. 


"Wait... what exactly are you doing here Jinri? Okay.. I'm sorry. I've said it.. I will ask questions later. But I don't understand why you're here and why you're with that kid." her Mom asked in confusion.


"I'm sorry Mom.. I promise I'll explain everything later." she said as she look at Amber.. the lass gave her a nod. They were in the middle of conversation when Mr. Kim, Ms. Victoria and Mr. Yunho came followed by Krystal and Taemin. 

 

 

 

"What's going on? Where is my nephew?" Victoria asked in rage.


"Calm down Vic.." said Krystal.


"How can I calm down when Yoogeun is missing? You.. what are you doing the whole time when Yoogeun suddenly disappeared?" Victoria asked pointing a finger on her.


Sulli shrink... closing her eyes. She doesn't have the face to reason out anymore as she took all the blame. "I'm sorry.." she cringe.


Victoria let out a sigh in exasperation. "Sorry? are you even hearing yourself Nanny? Sorry... what if something bad happened to Yoogeun?" 


"Nanny?" her Mom asked.. looking at her with full of confusion.

 

"Look instead of arguing why don't we start searching for the kid?" Mr. Yunho butted in. 


"Yeah.. I second the motion." said Taemin.. trying to ease the tension between them. 


"When was the last time you seen Yoogeun?" asked Krystal.


"He was in his room having his noon time nap.. and the I just fell asleep and when I woke up. He was no longer in his room. I already tried searching for him inside the house.. I search around the village but I didn't seen any of his trace." she reiterated. 


"Taking a noon time nap? Haven't I told you that Yoogeun can't take a nap during day time? My God Nanny!!" Vic rants again.


"Victoria just stop!! Will you!?" Krystal exclaimed. "There's no point on blaming someone, right now." she added in exasperation.


"C'mon guys. It's getting late.. we have to move." said Amber. They were about to separate in a group when Mr. Minho arrived.

 

 

 


"Okay.. what's going on? I was stuck in the traffic. Have anyone found my son?" asked Mr. Minho... everyone remain silent. "Ms. Sulli?" his eyes darted on her... 


Sulli cringe as she shook her head.. she can't even look at him straight.. she just can't pull it off anymore her face crinkled.. she covered herself as tears stream down on her face.. and when the sobs finally subsided to sniffles, she cried in embarrassment for having lost control. 


Victoria smirked. "C'mon Nanny.. using your tears as emotional blackmail?" 


"Just shut up Vic! Will you?" said Mr. Yunho.. which made him garner a dagger look from the lady as he seemed to be siding on Sulli.

 

 

Minho doesn't know how to react. He felt as though someone is gripping his chest seeing Ms. Sulli cried but this is not about her.. it's about his son. It's about Yoogeun.. he don't know what to think anymore. His son is missing... and it was the lady's job to look after his son. 


"Mr. Kim.. have you checked on the guards?" he asked.. trying to keep his nerves calm.


"Not yet Mr. Choi." said Mr. Kim.


"Go check it now..." said Minho in a lower tone.. Mr. Kim didn't move on his post. "I said now!!" he exclaimed... heaving a sigh.


"Y-yes Mr. Choi." said Mr. Kim stuttering...  as he immediately went towards the car and drove off. 

 

 


Minho gasps and presses his palms to his face in mock dismay. He wanted to calm his nerves.. it was the first time he yelled at someone and he is too sorry for Mr. Kim. 


"Minho... are you going with us?" Taemin slightly tapped his shoulder... he look at him.


"What are you planning?" he asked.


"We'll gonna find Yoogeun.. he might just be around the village." said Taemin.


"Okay.. I'm going with you." he said... as everyone started to walk off.  "Wait Ms. Sulli stay here.. you're exhausted just wait for Mr. Kim." he said in a cold voice.


"But I want to help search for Yoogeun." she said. "I'm fine anyway." she added.


"You stay here.." he said firmly without looking at her.. and he just walk passed her. He knew it was unfair to blame her... but he can't help but to feel the need of blaming someone.

 

 

 

 

 

"I think Mr. Choi is right.. stay here." her Mom said.. though she can feel also her coldness towards her.


"But Mom.. I wanna go as well." she said.


"Stay here.. you're already exhausted. Look at yourself.." her Mom said.. "I'll go with Amber... get inside might someone make a call and inform you on where is Yoogeun right now." her Mom added. She haven't thought about it though.. what if Yoogeun was kidnapped? 

 

"No!" she horribly said.


"What?" her Mom asked.


"What if Yoogeun was kidnapped?" she thought... Sulli shook her head.. "Okay.. I'll stay here." she said as she run swiftly inside the house... which left her Mom follow her with her gaze.

 

 

Though feeling anxious as she pace back and forth infront of the side table as where the phone was placed.. hoping to get a call from anyone... She waited for almost ages...  as if a sudden hope came over when the phone rang.. she immediately run towards the table as she held up the handset of the cordless phone.

 

"Hello?"  she answered.


"Hello.. is this Mr. Choi Minho's residence?"  a male voice asked from the other line. 


"Yes.. who's this?"  she asked.


"This is Officer Lee, we found your son. Yoogeun Choi right?"  the male seemed to be asking the kid. "Yes he's name is Choi Yoogeun.. and what? Okay.. he's saying that he wants his Nanny. Actually he's been throwing his tantrums ever since we found him and asking us to call his Nanny.. are you his Nanny?"  added the male officer. Sulli beamed in joy as she can hear Yoogeun's whining over the phone. She felt  like crying as the tears started to fall out from her eyes.


"Yes.. can I talk to him?"  she said.


"Yeah.. wait. Little Choi come here.. your Nanny is on the phone."  said the male seemed to be talking to Yoogeun.


"Nanny!!!"  Yoogeun exclaimed. 


"Yoogeun! Where are you? Wait for me there.. okay. I'll be there in a minute."  she said.


"Nanny I'm in the police station.. I thought they're sending me in jail. The tall guy here keeps on annoying me. I hate him.. I don't like him.. please Nanny come and pick me." said Yoogeun which made her chuckled with a sniff.


"Okay Mr. Tattle-tale.. everyone is so worried about you. I'll be there, okay. Be good for awhile Yoogeun. Nanny will soon be there.. kindly give the phone to that tall guy there.."  she said.


"Okay Nanny.. be here soon."  Yoogeun said.


"Hello.. Officer Lee speaking."  said the voice of the male officer.


"Please give me the address of your station."  she said.. the officer conform her the information. She nodded as if the person can see her from the other line as she copied all the details from through a piece of paper. "Thank you."  she said and ended the call and didn't wait for the male officers reply. 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter