CL and Dara

I'm Gonna Live With EXO?!

Sunday came, and Dara was about to go outside when someone stopped in front of her.

“And where are you going, Princess? Last time I checked, you have no practice with your team today.” Kai raised a brow while crossing his arms, looking suspiciously at Dara. On the other hand, Dara only sent a blank stare. “You’re not my father, Kai. I go wherever and whenever I want.”

“Back to being rude and cold again, are we? Sad to say, we’re already used to it.” A small smirk crept on Kai’s face; Dara rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Shut up and move.” Dara commanded with a sharp tone; Kai only leaned closer, not removing the smirk he has on his lips. “What if I don’t want to?” He raised a challenging brow.

“Kim. Jong. In—”

“Remember I have the upper hand, Sandara.” Kai cut in before Dara’s face became red. It was always that threat that made her give in to the orders of Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun, and almost all the boys in Exo. Suho and D.O were the only exception, since Dara has always been obedient to the two. The only threat was they would make her faint, which was a low blow from Exo. Dara hated the idea of being touched that’s why she complied to it — she definitely didn’t want to faint every now and then. Exo, on the other hand, had no other choice since Dara won’t listen to what they say.

Ever since that incident, they’ve become more glued to Dara — following her around campus wasn’t new, but they would even follow her to her practice and patiently wait for her ‘till she’s done, and practically follow her everywhere. Dara had several attempts to shake them off, but failed each time. The new rule was to always have Dara guarded, and Dara hated that rule. She definitely hated that rule. But Suho and D.O already agreed to it, and there’s nothing she can do.

Dara sighed in defeat, which brought contentment on Kai’s face. “I’ll be meeting with Chaerin at a coffee shop nearby, happy?” Kai nodded at her, “Bring someone with you.”

“LAAAY!!!” Dara immediately shouted, since Lay can be a little deaf at times. Almost instantly, Lay came dashing from the halls and went towards Dara in the living room.

“Where will we go?” Was Lay’s first question. He has been Dara’s ‘guardian’ since Friday afternoon. Whenever Dara wants to be alone, or at least be with fewer people, she’s required to bring someone with her — in her case, it’s Lay. “We’re meeting with Chae, let’s go.” Dara was about to head out when a voice stopped her.

“Lay can’t go.” Xiumin, who just came from the kitchen, walked towards the three with a stern look. “Although Lay can be oblivious, we’re not, Dara.” He continued with a frown on his face. Lay just stared weirdly at Xiumin, but did not talk anyway. It was through Lay that Dara can get a little time for herself. She would fool Lay, one way or another, just to make him go away for some minutes. Dara thought about it, and felt a little guilty.

“So I’m guessing you’ll go with me.” Xiumin nodded and smiled, while Dara inwardly groaned. “Ara… Let’s go.” Kai moved aside and both Dara and Xiumin made their way out.

The two were leisurely walking down the street in their neighborhood. Silence filled the air, until Xiumin decided to break it. “So… why are you meeting with Chaerin?”

“Do I have to tell every single detail to you guys?” Dara rolled her eyes and quickened her pace. Xiumin did the same while saying, “Well if you don’t want to tell me, it’s fine—”

“It’s her birthday today.” Dara cut him off in mid-sentence. Xiumin looked at her with wide eyes. “Jinjja?!” he asked surprised, and Dara just nodded in response. Xiumin narrowed his eyes while looking at Dara suspiciously. “You’re not lying, are you?”

Dara stopped in her tracks and turned to at Xiumin, who also stopped walking. “You ask me why I’m meeting my BEST FRIEND, then I answered that it’s HER BIRTHDAY, and now you’re accusing me of LYING to you?!” Xiumin was taken aback when Dara literally exploded. Xiumin then hung his head and murmured the words, “Mianhe”, while rubbing the back of his neck in anxiousness. Dara huffed in anger and told, “You should be.” at Xiumin.

Xiumin wanted to ease the tension, so he thought of an idea. “Uh… Since it’s her birthday today, I’ll go buy a cake for her, then.” Xiumin offered as he raised his head slowly to look at Dara. Dara nodded and replied, “I’ll wait here.”

“You sure? You’re not going to escape, are you?” Xiumin frowned, and Dara threw a death glare at him. “Seriously, Kim. Min. Seok. One more and I’ll tell Suho-ma and D.O-pa you snuck in 2 packs of chocolate chip cookies in your room when you aren’t allowed to.” Dara said in a threatening tone.

“Ok, ok, I got your point. Just don’t tell them. I’ll go now.” With one more glance at Dara, Xiumin turned around and went to a bakery they already passed by. When Dara was sure he won’t turn around, she went on her heels and ran around a corner, to which there was a shortcut Luhan told her about, that lead her directly at a small, coffee shop where her bestie, Chaerin, was.

“You took long enough.” CL grinned at Dara, who just came inside the café and walked towards her, while sipping at her cup of coffee. “Guarded. You know how they are.” Dara groaned while taking a seat across CL.

“So… where did you left Lay to, this time?” CL raised a brow while putting her cup aside. She knew every bit about what Dara was going through with — not even Minzy nor Bom has the slightest hint of what was going on. Dara was sure she would just get teased at if she ever told them.

“They found out I was using Lay’s forgetfulness…” Dara sighed and ordered a cup of capuccino. CL flashed an amused smile before she stared at her friend. “So who came with you?” she asked, and Dara made a blank expression.

“Xiumin.” Was all she said before Chaerin laughed. “No. Way. Exo’s lie detector? Omo, it must’ve been tough to fool him.” Dara only gave CL a shrug, “It wasn’t that hard.” CL stopped laughing and looked at Dara with wide eyes. “HOW?!”

“Just lied a bit with a twist of threat added.” CL then relaxed and nodded knowingly. She knew it was bad for her friend to lie, but she won’t scold her for it. CL knew well enough that Dara doesn’t like to be treated like a jewel in a museum. CL studied her precious friend — her eyes rounded once more when she noticed her friend’s face. “Sandara Park! Who the hell ing hurt you?!”

Dara jumped when CL shouted, but gained her composure back a second later and eyed her best friend. “Yah Chaerin-ah! Language!” Dara hissed when everyone inside the café looked at their direction with frowns on their faces. “Unnie. Be honest with me. Did that woman and her did that to you?” CL disregarded the fact that they were now the center of attention, and that the manager of the store was practically throwing daggers at the two of them. Dara froze on the spot, which made CL fumed even more.

“I will call Minzy and Bom. Those mother ers—”

“Lee. Chae. Rin!” Dara roared, which made CL shut immediately. Dara heaved a sigh and looked at CL with a softened expression. “Don’t tell them. Things will get worse if you do.” CL then felt her heart drop, seeing pain in Dara’s eyes. Even if she wanted to protest, she still nodded her head, not breaking contact with Dara’s eyes. “Tell me exactly what happened.” CL said in a stern voice.

“Promise me you won’t explode like that if I tell you. And strictly no cursing.” Dara eyed her best friend with a warning look before CL inwardly sighed. “I’ll try my best not to.”

 


 

“Thank you, come again.” The cashier bowed before Xiumin went for the exit. He felt very uneasy since he left Dara alone. Did he made the right decision? He mentally slapped himself when he knew the answer. Xiumin dropped the cake and picked his phone from his pocket and dialled Suho.

“Suho, we’ve got a problem…” Xiumin bit his bottom lip as he waited for Suho's scolding on the other line.

“You’ve been tricked like Lay, haven’t you?” Xiumin nodded as he hummed in dismay. “Go ahead and scold me.”

He heard the other line sighed, “Just go back here, and we’ll try to contact her.” With another hum, he ended the call and went to the other way where there dorm was.

 


 

“Why that child of a devil!”

“Lee Chaerin, can you ing calm down?!” Dara snapped. After telling CL the story behind her bruised cheek, CL began to curse again. This time, it was Dara’s turn to curse, since her patience literally snapped in two.

“Sandara Park, language! We’re in a coffee shop for coffee’s sake!” It was also CL’s turn to scold her friend, to which Dara face-palmed. She felt the urge to physically hurt her friend, but decided not to. Dara released a frustrated sigh afterwards.

“I’m going now.” Dara said as she stood up, when CL grabbed her wrist.

“Sandy, please take care of yourself more.” CL’s voice softened almost immediately, and Dara can sense the worry in her voice. Dara forced a smile and patted her friend’s head using her free hand. “I will. It’s just that…”

“I know. You miss Grandpa Park, right? But do you think he’ll be happy if you do this to yourself?” CL searched Dara’s eyes for answers, but she felt disappointed afterwards when she saw sadness and longing in Dara’s eyes. “Arasseo…”

“Did you tell Exo about tomorrow yet?” CL asked with the faintest hope, but Dara only shook her head. “Only you know, Chaerin-ah. You’re the only one I know that would understand me.” Dara smiled again.

Dara’s phone began to ring. She picked it up from her bag and answered without even looking at the caller.

“YOUNG LADY, YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE WHEN YOU GET BACK HERE!” Dara moved the phone away from her ear almost instantly when she heard yelling. She groaned when she looked at the caller, and saw that it was her Suho-ma. CL chuckled at how overprotective the boys were at her bestie.

“SANDY, YOU’RE D.O-PA IS NOT HAPPY.” It was Sehun’s turn to shout over the line. “GET READY FOR SERIOUS SCOLDING MISS PARK.” Kris stated in a cold, threatening manner that made Dara wish she didn’t answer the call.

“YOU GUYS ARE NOT MY FREAKING FATHERS!!”

“Excuse me miss, you and your friend are causing noise in my café. It would be better if you take your call outside. Mianhamnida.” The manager told the two, and Dara nearly jumped because she didn’t sense him come to them. CL mouthed sorry and bowed while the manager bowed as well.

“Mianhe, ahjussi…” Dara aslo bowed with an apologetic face.

“IS THAT A MAN’S VOICE?! SANDARA PARK, ARE YOU WITH A MAN?!” Dara shut her eyes in frustration, and decided to end the call right away. They were seriously making a big deal out of things when it wasn’t necessary. Dara then glanced at her friend, who was trying to hold back a laugh.

“This is why it’s better that they don’t know anything at all. I don’t want to make them worry anymore than this.” CL’s smile faded, and sighed at her friend’s decision. “They will find out eventually, Dara. One way or another. Better tell them before someone else does.”

“I will tell them. Everything. But not now.” Dara smiled gently at CL, who just shook her head, giving up on the topic. Dara was stubborn. And once she makes a decision, it was final.

“Since you’re appas are waiting for you, might as well go home before they ground you.” CL teased while nudging Dara in a playful manner. She wanted to change the awkward atmosphere, and somehow it worked — seeing Dara’s face turn into a scowl.

“Puh-lease, Chaerin-ah. Don’t even remind me about those twelve annoying brats.” Dara cringed, remembering that she will be scolded by twelve, irritating boys, — who were mostly the same age as her — by the time she gets back. CL chuckled as she led Dara out of the café, leaving some money on the table for the bill. “Don’t worry Sandy, I’ll be coming with you so that you’ll receive less punishment~”

“Like that’ll make me feel better.” Dara rolled her eyes as they turned to a corner. “Huh, I’m Lee Chaerin, you know? My girl won’t get scolded by those handsome lot.”

“If you call them handsome, I’m telling you: get. new. contacts.” CL shrugged at her friends comment and replied, “Even if I get new contacts, it will still be the same.”

“Gross!” Dara scrunched her nose at her crazy best friend, to which CL laughed. “One day, you’ll eat your own words Sandy~ If you ever fall in love with one of them, I’m telling you that I’ll laugh at you. Hard.” CL bit back a chuckle when Dara looked at her with piercing glares. “Just focus on your fashion and your crushing on those ugly people, miss Lee.” Dara walked faster as CL was left in a shocked state.

“Y-yah! I’m not crushing on them! Don’t go assuming miss Park! Yah! Wait for me you little brat!” CL came running and shouting towards Dara, who was now a few meters away, as soon as she gained her consciousness.

 

 

 


I hope i didn't bore you guys. ciao /-/