SaturDate III

I'm Gonna Live With EXO?!

Aigoooo!! It's been a while since my last update. Mianhe if I took long. I'm starting my college life and I'm not sure if I can still update once per week. This is the last part of Saturdate. I re-did this whole chapter and I hope this is good enough. 4.7k words omo ;u;


 

 

“2ne1~!” The lady greeted, beaming as she flung herself to the four girls who just arrived. “Kyaa! Minhee-ssi! We missed you!” Chaerin squealed in delight as she hugged the lady tightly. “When Dara called me earlier and told me you were coming, I was so happy. I missed you girls, and the kids missed you too!” All of them hugged and jumped in glee. The five of them didn’t realize that someone was running out of breath from all the squeezing she received. She gave a loud cough followed by a, “M-Minri c-can’t breathe!” Hearing a familiar voice, the girls stepped back from the hug and saw a 6 year-old girl with red rosy cheeks, huffing.

“Omo! Is this Minri?” Bom looked at Minhee with big round eyes; Minhee happily nodded. “Unnies not here for a year. Unnies not watch Minri grow!” said the cute little girl with a pout. She looked adorably cute with her long curly hair, big brown eyes, rosy cheeks, small body frame, and  especially thin pink pouty lips. The girls looked at her in awe and Bom can’t help but to carry her and spin her around. “Our cute Minri! Unnie is sorry for not visiting. We wanted to visit really badly you know? You and the rest, we miss all of you! Did you love the presents we sent you last Christmas and New Year? How about last last month? Ohh speaking of presents, we brought you gifts again!”

“Though Dara-unnie picked most of the stuffs, Minzy-unnie never forgot to buy you new dancing shoes Minri-yah. Let’s go dance together!” Minzy cheered as she took Minri out of Bom’s grasp and carried her inside the building. “Yah Minzy-ah! I’m not done cuddling with Minri yet!” Bom shouted as she followed Minzy and Minri inside the building.

“Those two really... Aigo, they went in without getting the gifts!” CL grumbled and looked at Dara. “Sandy, could you go get the gifts from your car?” Dara’s eyes widened with agape. “You mean I will carry them all by myself?!” She asked in disbelief; CL, on the other hand, rolled her eyes at her. “You’re forgetting you have those twelve boys to help you.”

“Are you kidding me?!” CL smiled and grabbed Minhee’s arm and pulled her close to her. “I’m going to have a long chat with Minhee-ssi. If you’ll excuse us.” CL then dragged Minhee inside the building leaving Dara behind — Dara exhaled in disbelief.

‘Those girls… are they taking their revenge on me?!’

Dara pinched the bridge of her nose and released a sigh. She was left with no choice so she decided to turn around and walk towards the trunk of her car. She opened the trunk of her car and saw many shopping bags inside — some were about to fall but lucky she caught it. Dara bit her bottom lip, she didn’t know what to do. Usually she would have gifts delivered or the four of them would go back and forth for them to bring all the gifts inside.

‘This is going to be a long day for me.’

Dara started to grab six shopping bags and tried to carry them, but as soon as she got it out of the trunk, she dropped one bag on the ground. She tried to pick it up but the other shopping bag slipped out of her small hands. Dara frustratingly blew some hair out of her face as she crouched down and reached for the two shopping bags. When she got them, she struggled to keep them in her hands.

“Ugh. Damn tiny hands of mine.” She fixed her position and realized that she’s carrying too much. “Too heavy…” She plopped the bags to the ground and frowned. “This is gonna take me forever…”

Meanwhile, the boys, who were now standing outside of the van, watched Dara in amusement. They gazed at her and followed her every movement. She was grunting and cursing on how tiny her hand was, how heavy the bags were, how many times she would go back and forth from her car to the building, how weak she was, and how she can only handle two bags at a time — and there was, more or less, 50 shopping bags in all, plus the other bags were in Exo’s van.

It was the third time Dara returned to her car — ‘6 bags down, many to go.’ She thought. She grabbed one big shopping bag and instantly dropped it on the ground. “What the…” She bent down and looked inside the shopping bag and saw 5 kiddie bags cramped inside. “How did they manage to fit them in one shopping bag?” She wondered and grabbed the bag on both sides and carried it. “Aigo, these bags are heavy! Are they made out of barbells or something?!”

The boys were enjoying the view — Chanyeol, in particular, chuckled at Dara’s last comment while the others tried to maintain their laughs. “She’s pretty weak compared to Bom, Minzy, and Chaerin.” Chen commented while following Dara walking towards the entrance through his eyes.

“What can you expect from a rich, spoiled brat?” Kai put his hands in his pockets and smirked when Dara almost tripped.

“She’s mean and ungrateful. She didn’t even thanked us for carrying those stuffs for her.” Sehun pointed out, watching Dara drop the bag in front of the entrance and running back to her car.

“She’s scary. I don’t know why but, she scares me.” Baekhyun admitted, Chanyeol lightly Baekhyun’s hair as if he understands Baekhyun’s feelings.

“Karma. This is her bad karma.” Tao remarked; Dara was now walking towards the building again, carrying four shopping bags which was surprisingly light.

Fifth time she returned and there were already beads of sweat trickling down Dara’s neck and forehead. She wiped the sweat on her forehead using the back of her hand and was about to take another bag from her trunk when she heard someone yell.

“Dara-noona!” Dara turned her head, and so did the boys, and saw a small boy running towards her. “Dara-noona!” he called again, waving at her, giving her a warm smile. “Yul-ah!” The boys turned their heads to Dara, her face went bright, and she was smiling — it looked like she wasn’t even a bit tired after what she’s been doing.

“Dara-noona~” Yul stopped right in front of Dara and gave her a loving smile, despite that he was panting after running. Dara bent down to his eye-level and smiled at him. “It’s been a while, Yul-ah. Have you missed noona?” She cheerily asked and the boy happily nodded. “Noona hasn’t been here for a while. I missed you the most!” Yul was so cute in Dara’s eyes and wanted to touch him. She tried to move her hand towards Yul’s head to give him a pat but Yul raised his right hand to stop Dara — this surprised the boys a bit. “Dara-noona will faint if noona touches boys. That’s why when I grow up, I will become a man. Dara-noona can touch me by then, right noona?” Dara put her hand down and smiled genuinely. She was feeling very happy at that moment. Dara nodded at Yul, “Yul-ah, Dara-noona promises you that I will be cured soon, so that you won’t want to become a man so soon. Yul-ah must enjoy his childhood life, with the other kids, so that you will have a happy life until you grow up.”

“Dara-noona is the best!” Yul gave her a peace sign to which Dara lightly chuckled. “Alright Yul-ah, why don’t you go back inside with the other kids and play? Dara-noona brought presents today and I’m just getting it out of the trunk. Wait for me inside, ok?” Dara then stood up and scooped two shopping bags and carried it towards the entrance. Yul, however, stayed without Dara noticing, and looked sharply at the twelve boys standing beside the van.

“Uh… Hi there, Yul-ah.” Suho greeted nervously and gave him a small smile. “Don’t call me Yul-ah you ugly man.” Yul sharply said, which made Suho step back a bit. “Hey kid, you shouldn’t be disrespectful to someone older than you. We are your hyungs, unless you are 18 years-old above us, hiding in that tiny body.” Kris told off, slightly irritated of the little boy’s behavior. Yul sneered, making the boys more irritated. “If you want me to respect you old, ugly, ahjussi’s, you should also respect Dara-noona. You’re her suitors, right? Or did she reject you all already that’s why you all are feeling bitter and not helping her? Don’t worry, when I grow up, I will be marrying Dara-noona and make all her ex-suitors die in envy. So you ahjussi’s still have 8 years to find a replacement for Dara-noona. But I doubt that there will be another woman better than Dara-noona.”

“Why you little—” Kris was about to launch himself to the boy when his friends stopped him. “Don’t hurt him Kris! He’s only a child!” Kyungsoo held Kris’s right hand that was already raised. “D.O is right! And you might be sued for child abuse!” Luhan added, holding tight to Kris’s waist so he can’t move forward. “I don’t care! This little brat needs discipline!” Kris roared, trying to let himself free from his friends’ grasps; the little boy only taunted him more by facing his back at them, turning his head towards them, sticking his tongue out and slapping his in an annoying manner. “Why you!” Kris struggled more to free himself, but then Dara came running and shouted, “Yul-ah!” Kris stopped from struggling but the others didn’t let go.

Dara bent down a little, touching her kees, and looked in front of Yul when she reached him. “Yul-ah… I told you to go back…” She panted, she really felt exhausted. Dara then shifted her gaze to the twelve boys who seem like they were all hugging Kris. “What are you doing?” She straightened herself and eyed the boys suspiciously. “Dara-noona, that sharp chin, ugly, ahjussi wants to hurt me.” Yul told immediately to Dara; she looked at him and saw him wearing his angelic face which Dara can’t resist. Dara bent down a little and smiled at Yul. “Don’t worry Yul-ah, no one will hurt you while noona is here. Be a good little boy and go back inside the building, ok? I will be there as soon as I can.” Yul nodded obediently and ran back into the building.

After Yul was nowhere in sight, Dara turned to the boys and shot them a deadly glare. “Can you please get rid of that position you’re in now? What if another kid comes out and sees you? What will I say?” Dara was referring to the position to which all of them where hugging Kris on the different parts of his body. The boys realized this and straightened themselves up in an instant. Dara sighed and looked at the boys again — with a softer expression this time.

“That kid’s name is Song Ji Yul. His mother passed away when he was 5 and his father left him here at the orphanage at the age of 7. He was deeply traumatized by his father. What you did earlier… was the cause of his trauma.” Dara looked especially at Kris with concern. Kris felt guilty when her eyes met his and looked down. “The kids here have greatly suffered before they came here. Each one of them has a traumatic experience that I hope they won’t carry anymore when they grow up. I would like for you  to apologize to Yul for triggering his trauma.”

Dara turned and picked a shopping bag. She peeped inside to see what it was, and when she found the shopping bag she was looking for, she turned to Kris. Dara stretched her hand with the shopping bag towards Kris. Kris, on the other hand, just stared at her with a puzzled look. “This will be the perfect bribe for Yul to forgive you.” She smiled warmly; Kris reached for the bag slowly and Dara gave a nod.

“It’s almost 2 already. Looks like I will need your help for the last time. Can you guys carry the rest of the shopping bags?” Dara politely asked and smiled — this made the boys froze on their spot. She smiled at them again. How long since they saw her smile like today? They forgot how nice her smile was since she was constantly annoyed and frowning. They nodded slowly and Dara gave a slight bow, her smile still intact. “Gomawo, Exo.” They felt their heart flipped — a little more kindness and they will have a heart attack. “I will go ahead and start giving some of the presents I carried. See you inside.” She waved and ran towards the building.

 


 

“Weak, huh?” D.O nudged Chen, a teasing smile plastered on his face. Chen looked away from his gaze. “Just start carrying bags, you big-eyes…” D.O couldn’t help but chuckle slightly. He then walked over to Kai, who scooped five shopping bags, and he tilted his head facing him. Kai looked at D.O with a what-are-you-looking-at look; D.O smiled. “Spoiled brat huh?” he said playfully, wiggling his eyebrows. “Shut up…” Kai hit D.O in the stomach with two shopping bags in his right hand and walked away — D.O curled, holding his stomach and cursed under his breath.

“Ahh, Dara is so nice. I wonder who said that she was mean~” Xiumin pretended to stretch his arms because of stiffness — he looked at Sehun and to his surprise, Sehun was glaring at him. Xiumin just shrugged and pretended that nothing happened.

“I admit she is nice sometimes. And she says her thanks in an unexpected way.” Luhan said smiling, but Sehun glared at him. “Are you implying something, Luhan-hyung?” he sharply asked. “Hmm?” Luhan looked at him and wondered why he was glaring at him. “I’m not talking to you.” Sehun walked off with shopping bags with him. Luhan wondered to himself. ‘Did I do something wrong?’

“I didn’t know girls that are concerned for a child’s welfare is scary. Right, Suho?” Lay spoke, picking five shopping bags. Suho smiled and replied, “Yes, Lay. I never knew that until now. I heard they will have bad karma for it.” Baekhyun and Tao shot both Lay and Suho a sharp look and walked out, carrying their own bags. Tao cursed under his breath which made Suho turn to him.

“Watch out Tao. This is the 30th day of my punishment! You won’t like to have your babies be separated from you for another month, would you?” Suho shouted with a playful yet threatening tone. Tao stopped abruptly, “I didn’t say anything! And you have to bring me back my babies tomorrow!” he yelled back and ran off.

 

 

By the time they were inside the building, the boys were greeted by ten lovely kids in the orphanage. “Oppa, oppa! Are you the guys Dara-noona is talking about?” a cute girl asked while tugging Baekhyun’s shirt. “Are you oppa’s Dara-unnie’s suitors? Or Bom-unnie’s?” another girl asked. “No Hyerin-ah, they must be Chaerin-unnie’s and Minzy-unnie’s suitors.”

“No they’re Dara-unnie’s!”

“Chaerin-unnie!”

“Bom-unnie is pretty too!”

“Minzy-unnie too!”

And like that, a little riot had begun. Exo didn’t know what to do — they were in a slight panic because the little girls may hurt each other. On that moment, five girls emerged from the hall, separating the kids in from fighting each other. Exo sighed in relief because of this.

“Oh my! These are the boys you’re telling me about Chaerin-ah?!” Minhee asked in surprise, seeing twelve, perfectly made, boys in front of her. “Yes Minhee-ssi. This is Suho, Luhan, D.O, Kai, Lay, Kris, Tao, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, Sehun, and Xiumin. Boys, this is Minhee-ssi. She’s the founder of this very lovely orphanage.” The boys gave a slight bow, and so did Minhee. “You never told me they would be this perfect!” The boys chuckled a little at the praise they received. “So tell me, which girls of mine are you courting? Bommie? Chaerin? Minzy? Or is it Dara?” she eagerly asked.

“You’re mistaken Minhee-ssi. They are not suitors, nor lovers. They are the ‘other friends’ I’m talking about.” Dara explained, which made Minhee’s and Exo’s gaze shifted to her.

“Friends? These boys are your friends? Dara, are you alright?” Minhee’s question made Dara slightly irritated. She felt she was insulted for some reason. “What? Am I not allowed to make friends with the opposite now?” she asked in a sharp tone, making Minhee jump a bit. She realized Dara took her question in a wrong way. “O-of course not Dara! It’s just that it surprised me, that’s all.” Minhee cracked a smile — a kind of warm, melting, motherly, smile — and gave a light pat on Dara’s head. “I’m glad you’re improving Dara.”

There was a slight shade of pink as blood crept through Dara’s cheeks. She turned away and looked for something to divert their attention from her. It was then she realized the bags Exo were holding. “Ah, the other presents! Here they are. Let’s go to the big room and unnie will give you the gifts, okay?”

Dara then led them to the hall and took a sharp turn to the right. At the end was a big wooden double door. Dara opened it and it revealed a big spacious room, a dome-like glass roof  with a big chandelier in the middle. It has glassed walls and beyond it was a grassy field. The boys looked amazed at the view — it felt peaceful and quiet.

“Line up now. Minhee-ssi, can you call the little boys over?” Dara asked to which Minhee nodded. “Baekhyun-ah, give me the shopping bag you’re carrying.” Baekhyun flinched when she called his name. Was this the first time she called his name? It was.

“Baekhyun-ah? Are you alright?” Dara asked worriedly — Baekhyun’s heart flipped. “Dara-ah, he said he is scared of you.” Lay blurted out at once; Dara’s shoulder slumped down a bit when she heard that. Luhan smacked Lay’s shoulder for not considering Dara’s reaction afterwards. Dara remembered something and looked at Baekhyun in the eyes, like looking into his soul — Baekhyun got slightly nervous.

“Baekhyun-ah, mianhe. For being like that in the past and today, mianhe. For making you afraid of me, mianhe.” Dara smiled warmly at Baekhyun — Baekhyun felt something warm inside him, he doesn’t know what. “Baekhyun-ah, can I have the gifts?” Baekhyun snapped out and handed Dara the shopping bags. “S-sorry about that. And it’s okay.” Baekhyun shyly smiled and stepped aside. “Gomawo.” Dara said before turning her attention back at the kids.

It was the same cycle: one of the boys would give shopping bags and Dara would hand them to the kids — Bom, Minzy, and Chaerin helped too. All of the girls were very happy to receive nice things to their unnies. Minhee came in with little boys following behind her. They came just in time as Minzy gave the last present to Minri.

“Woah, noonas brought hyungs! Which noona are you courting? My Minzy-noona is not available!” a little boy around 8 years-old exclaimed. It was like the question of the day and Exo wondered why. It was like Minhee can read minds, “These four girls of mine has hundreds of suitors coming at the orphanage to impress them when they are here. The kids are used to it since they get bribed easily: suitors giving them stuff and kids will introduce them to the girls and some would even recommend that they should take them as husbands.” Minhee chuckled as she reminisced the past. The boys only nodded, not sure on what to respond to her.

“They are not suitors. And how many times will noona tell you that when noonas suitors come, you treat them as strangers and not accept anything from them? Noona will be mad if you do that again, arasseo?” Dara said with authority in her voice. It was the first time they saw her like that. The kids nodded obediently and Dara smiled at them.

“Now, these boys here are Exo. Like us noonas, they also have a family name. Remember their faces because they will be your hyungs or oppas. You can only receive gifts from them, okay?” The kids nodded again. “Unnies,  2ne1. Oppas, Exo. 2nexo! Minri likes it!” Minri, who was in Bom’s arms, clapped with delight. The other kids agreed and the four girls felt a bit embarrassed. “Mianhe guys. This kids… Aigo…” Minzy shook her head in surrender.

“Guys…” Dara called and signaled them to come closer. They did and they surrounded Dara. “See those 5 shopping bags? I need you guys to give them to these little boys.” Dara smiled. “You can just give it to them like you did to the girls Dara.” Dara shook her head at Xiumin. “I need to accompany Kris to Yul.” Dara then looked at Kris, and Kris nodded.

Leaving with no choice, the eleven boys went to a corner to get the shopping bags. Baekhyun picked one up and felt something round inside. He peeked inside and saw a cool looking b-ball. “That’s the ball Dara took from us!” Luhan exclaimed behind Baekhyun — he was looking over Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Don’t shout!” Baekhyun hissed at him; Luhan took the shopping bag Baekhyun was holding and saw different kinds of sports equipment besides the b-ball — badminton, volleyball, soccer ball, and some jump ropes.

“Guys look, this was the design of the t-shirt I was talking about. Only smaller, but this is definitely the one!” Kai told while holding up the t-shirt he grabbed from a shopping bag. Tao, who was standing beside him, gasped. “My Gucci watch!”

“What was she thinking? She should’ve said that we would go to the orphanage in the first place. We could’ve picked the right kinds of toys for the little boys here. How the heck am I going to give this skateboard to the kids? It’s risky, I don’t want them to be hurt.” Chanyeol held up two skateboards, smaller than the original, and gave a disapproving look.

“Oh, hyungs got us presents!” one boy at the age of 9 shouted, which made the other boys come to Exo. “What did you get us hyung?” a brown hair, 11 year-old boy asked excitedly to Tao. The boys looked at each other, thinking of whether they would give it or not. “Kai-hyung brought cool t-shirts for you guys. Come here and I’ll show you.” Kai said, leading the kids to the open space in the center and started to show the shirts which made the little boys’ eyes sparkle.

Some kid, on the other hand, didn’t follow and grabbed the shopping bag Luhan was holding. “Look! The hyungs brought something to play with!” another 9 year-old, dirty blonde, kid shouted. Some kids looked away at Kai and ran towards the bag with jump ropes and other things.

“Gucci!” a little 6 year-old kid tugged the hem of Tao’s shirt. “Hyung will give that Gucci to Siwonnie, right?” Siwon tilted his head cutely with his forefinger at his red lips. “What? No way kid, this is my Gucci.” Tao hid the Gucci watch behind him, away from prying eyes. Siwon’s eyes grew big, his cheeks became red, his lips pulled down — he was on the verge of tears. “Give it Tao!” Suho hissed at him, but Tao frowned. “He will destroy it once he touches it.”

“Siwonnie won’t destroy it! Chaerin-noona taught me to value things. Come! Me will show hyung my room filled with Gucci.” The kid happily said, reaching for Tao’s hand and pulling him outside the room towards the hall. “We underestimated those little guys. Indeed, looks can be very deceiving, right Chanyeol?” Lay turned his head to his right where Chanyeol was standing, but to his surprise, he was gone. “Channie?”

“Yah Yejoon-ah! Slow down, you will get hurt!” The eight boys turned to the direction of the voice. Outside was Chanyeol chasing a kid on a skateboard. “Chanyeol-hyung is too slow! Bleehhh~” the kid stuck his tongue out playfully at Chanyeol. “Aish, this kid! Chen, lend me your skateboard!” Chanyeol called at Chen, who was busy playing with two kids, teaching them how to skateboard. “I’m busy!” that was his only reply. “Chanyeol-hyung! How do I stop this thing?!” Yejoon shouted over — his skateboard was going too fast. “This kid! Yejoon-ah, calm down! Hyung will get you!”

 


 

“Yul-ah, Dara-noona is here, can you open the door?” Dara knocked softly while sticking her ear to the door, trying to here any sign of movements — there was none. Dara sighed, “Dara-noona will come in.” she spoke and opened the door. She signalled Kris to follow her. Dara darted her eyes at one corner of the room. There, she saw Yul, crouched down, and silently sobbing. Dara’s eyes softened on the spot.

“Yul-ah…” She softly whispered as she came close. She kneeled down to look at Yul’s shaking body. “Yul-ah… There is someone who would like to apologize to you.” She murmured and looked at Kris and gave a slight nod. “Yul-ah…” Kris muttered as he took a step closer to Yul. “Don’t come any closer!” Yul shouted, his sobs became audible. “All of you are the same! Get away from me!” Dara’s heart ached when Yul’s voice broke. She stood up and walked over to Kris. “I’m counting on you, Kris.” With that, she left and waited in the hall.

“Yul…” Kris went closer and bent down. “Kris-hyung is sorry.” He slowly reached for Yul’s hair and patted it lightly. “Hyung is very sorry.” Yul looked up at Kris, precious pearls trickling down on his angelic face. “You are not sorry. You came here only to impress my noona, right? Well I’m not dumb to fall for anything. You can leave now.” Yul slapped Kris’s hand away from him and wiped is tears harshly. Kris didn’t know what came over him, he dropped the bag he was holding and pulled Yul into his arms — his face buried on Kris’s chest. “Yah… Let go of me…” Yul sobbed as he pushed his little fists at Kris. “Let go of me…”

“I won’t let go, Yul.” Yul stopped — his tears stopped. “Punch me, ok. But I won’t let you go until you are fine.” Kris whispered, hugging Yul tightly. “You here me Yul? I am more stubborn than you.” Kris felt Yul’s hands clutching his shirt tightly. “Why? You really want to impress Dara-noona? I told you I’m not dumb to fall for anything!”

“I know.” Kris replied, which made Yul’s grip a little loose, his eyes rounded. “I know you are smart, Yul. You are a smart and tough boy.” Kris used his right hand and gently Yul’s hair. “Kris-hyung, is very sorry about today. I won’t do it again.” Kris buried his face on Yul’s right shoulder as he embraced him more. “Kris-hyung…” Yul released his grip and spread his tiny arms. “Is still a sharp chin, ugly, ahjussi for me…” he pressed his tiny body against Kris and gave him a hug, burying his little head on Kris’s chest. Kris lightly chuckled. “If that’s what you want.”

 


 

The whole afternoon was filled with happiness and laughter. Bom and Minzy still fought for Minri’s attention, Chaerin and Minhee chattered about the past while laughing from time to time, Exo and the little boys played a game of basketball — with Kris as the captain of the red team, and Yul on the blue team, and Dara, watching all of them on the side, wearing a contented smile. I wish this will go on forever.

“Darongie! It’s time to eat. We’ll play truth or dare with the kids afterwards.” Bom shouted with her hands cupped around . Dara stood up from her seat, but as soon as she did, she felt cold running down from her spine. ‘It’s getting cold.’ She rushed back to the building and had their fun feast with the children.

 


 

“Oh, they study there too. Mother, I want to go to this school.”

“Are you sure? That’s where the criminal studies. I don’t want you to be killed, now.”

“I will be okay mother. I will make sure the remembers where she stands and make her go back to the place where she belongs.”

“Should we get rid of the others first?”

“In time, mother.”