| Chapter 28 |

He's A T-!

“You have to be kidding me...”

“Come on noona, it’ll be fun!”

Kyu Ri stood in front of the dock staring down at the younger boy who was standing in a swan boat. Kyu Ri’s cheeks were tinted pink. Sung Jae held out a hand for the girl to grab ahold.

“Noona, don’t be afraid - I’ll catch you,” Sung Jae smiled at the girl and reassured her.

“I-I I’m not afraid! W-who said I’m afraid?!” Kyu Ri pouted. Sung Jae chuckled at the older girl. Kyu Ri looked at his hand and let out a sigh. She slowly grasped Sung Jae’s hand and climbed into the boat.

“Oh My God!” Kyu Ri let out a squeak which was unusual for her to do when the boat rocked. She clung her body onto Sung Jae tightly. Sung Jae smiled at the sudden change in action that the older girl did. He wrapped his arms around the girl’s body and patted her back.

“It’s okay noona, I got you,” Sung Jae whispered quietly into Kyu Ri’s ear. Kyu Ri felt the shivers when she heard him talk. Kyu Ri suddenly pulled away and let out an awkward cough. “Erm...thank you Sung Jae,” Kyu Ri said while nodding.

Sung Jae took the older girl’s hand and helped her to sit down. Sung Jae placed the safety jacket over the girl’s body and tighten the strap. Kyu Ri sat still for him to do it. Sung Jae smiled and then saw Kyu Ri repeating the procedures for him. Kyu Ri tighten the strap and sat back down. Sung Jae sat back down and buckled the two down. Kyu Ri placed her feet on the pedals and looked over at Sung Jae.

“Noona, have you done this before?” Sung Jae asked while putting his feet on the pedals as well. The two in sync began peddling which caused the boat to move slowly.

“Once, I’ve done this once,” Kyu Ri replied. “Have you done this before?” Kyu Ri asked and in return Sung Jae nodded and put up two fingers.

“I’ve done it twice due to Eun Kwang hyung told me about this,” Sung Jae replied while nodding.

“Oh? Taking advice from that hyperactive hyena,” Kyu Ri remarked while shaking her head.

“Noona...hahaha!” Sung Jae couldn’t help but laughed at the girl’s comment.

“Pft, though I have to admit - Eun Kwang isn’t bad when it comes to finding fun stuff to do,” Kyu Ri nodded her head.

“Noona...not many people know about your past,” Sung Jae began while looking forward. Kyu Ri remained silent. “I’m really curious about it but I fear that you won’t be able to tell me about it,” Sung Jae whispered while looking over at the older girl. Kyu Ri held a calm look upon her facial expression.

“If you want to know, I’ll tell you,” Kyu Ri murmured. The two pedaled towards the middle of the lake and rested there. Sung Jae remained silent and waited for the older girl to begin talking.

“It all started when I was five years old, I was abandoned by my parents. They left me at the orphanage - I was isolated from the orphanage. I didn’t get along well with other kids that were there. I grew up not knowing who my real parents were yet I don’t want to know who they are because they are nothing in my eyes now. I couldn’t care about them because if they loved me - they wouldn’t have left me like that. I was adopted by an old woman who wanted me to call her Grandma Ryu. I took her last name because...she was the only person that showed me love when I was young,” Kyu Ri explained and Sung Jae’s eyes widen. He never knew that Kyu Ri had a rough past like that.

“One day when I came back from school, my neighbor Jae Hyo told me that Grandma Ryu died due to a . It was...unbearable to know that the person that loved me - died instantly,” Kyu Ri whispered and then she felt a warm arm around her. She knew it was Sung Jae’s arm. “Jae Hyo volunteered to watch over me as a guardian along with Doo Joon,” Kyu Ri looked down.

“Noona, Grandma Ryu will always be watching over you in the stars. She’ll always be with you in your heart as well. She is proud of what you have done - I know it,” Sung Jae smiled at her. Kyu Ri looked over at the younger boy and smiled a small one at him.

“Thank you Sung Jae,” Sung Jae chuckled and nodded his head. Kyu Ri then did something unexpected to him, she leaned in and kissed him lightly on the cheek. “You’ve always been there for me so thank you,”

Kyu Ri pulled out her phone from her purse due to a vibration. She gave Sung Jae a ‘sorry’ look and flipped up her phone. She looked and saw it was a text message from Hyo Rin. Sung Jae sat there still frozen from the kiss. His cheeks were flushed pink and he raised a hand to touch where she kissed him. Kyu Ri sighed at the message and placed her phone into her purse again.

Kyu Ri began pedaling the boat with Sung Jae’s help to the dock. Sung Jae gave the girl a questioning look. Kyu Ri smiled at him and got out of the boat. Sung Jae followed behind the girl. The two took off the safety jacket and Kyu Ri hooked her arm with his.

“Let’s go get some ice cream,” Kyu Ri suggested and Sung Jae agreed.

“Having ice cream sounds nice now,” Sung Jae grinned. The two walked to the ice cream parlor and Sung Jae bought the two ice cream cones. The two walked around the mini town center eating ice cream and found a water fountain with multicolor lights.

Ryu Kyu Ri,” Sung Jae tested out the girl’s name.

“Hmm?” Kyu Ri looked over and saw Sung Jae giggling.

Ryu Kyu Ri is your full name,” Sung Jae pointed out.

“Heh, mmm - that’s my given name,” Kyu Ri answered.

“Does the other hyungs know?” Sung Jae questioned.

“My full name?” Sung Jae nodded. “No, they don’t - only a few people know my full name,” Kyu Ri replied while eating the ice cream.

“I feel special~” Sung Jae cooed. Kyu Ri let out a laughter and smiled at the boy.

“Silly,” Kyu Ri commented.

“Noona, I want to thank you for accepting on going on this date with me,” Sung Jae gleefully clapped his hands together.

“Thank you for asking Sung Jae,” Kyu Ri bumped shoulders with the boy. Sung Jae let out a gasp and bumped the girl back.

“Noona!” Sung Jae squealed. The older girl laughed freely and continued onwards. Sung Jae whined and laughed as well.

“I’ve had a lot of fun with you Sung Jae, thank you,” Kyu Ri got up from her seat. Sung Jae smiled brightly and punched the sky.

“I’m really happy that you had fun Kyu Ri noona,” Sung Jae bashfully replied. “I’ll take you back to the cabin now noona, tomorrow is the last day here!” Sung Jae pointed out.

“Ah, I see - well I’m sleeping in tomorrow,” Kyu Ri decided.

“I’ll let hyungs know that you want to sleep in tomorrow,” Sung Jae chripped.

Kyu Ri pulled on Sung Jae’s arm and hugged him. “Such a helpful dongsaeng I have,” Sung Jae blushed and hugged the older girl back.

As they were halfway home Kyu Ri let go of the younger boy’s arm. “Sung Jae you go back first, I need to pick up some stuff for Hyo Rin,” Kyu Ri said while Sung Jae turned around.

“Oh let me help,” Sung Jae spoke.

“No, Sung Jae - this is woman stuff-” Sung Jae’s eyes widen and his cheeks flushed pink. Kyu Ri smirked and held back a laughter. “Unless you want to go look at pain relievers for cramps and pads...” Kyu Ri began in a teasing way.

“A-ah, wil-will you be okay getting b-back to the cabin s-safely?” Sung Jae blinked while his cheeks flared up.

“Mmm, don’t worry about me - you go on ahead,” Kyu Ri waved goodbye. Sung Jae waved a hand and walked off first. Kyu Ri stared at his back and saw him patting his pink cheeks. Kyu Ri laughed and tsked. “Silly boy - now let’s get that medicine that Hyo Rin has been telling me about,” Kyu Ri went into the small store.

---

A boy laid in bed groaning at the sudden heat temperature raising. His breathing grew rougher as the time ticked by. He laid a hand on his forehead and felt it was burning. He squirmed around on the bed and let out a cough or two. Slowly, ever so slowly he fell into a deep slumber.

“H-huh? Where am I?” Niel, the boy, asked while wandering around. He saw pink clouds floating by him. He walked on the white path and saw a familiar figure standing at the end of the path.

“Hmm? Hello? W-wait! Hey! D-don’t run!” Niel shouted as the figure began running away from him. Niel chased after the figure. He looked to seeing long hair, it was a girl figure.

“Idiot, A loud voice called out causing Niel to stop in his tracks.

“What?” Niel turned around and search the area. He turned around and saw the figure waving her arm in motioning for Niel to follow her. “Wait! Don’t go!” Niel called out. “Don’t leave me!” Niel begged.

“Where would I go? I’m not going anywhere. I won’t leave you,” The same voice called out again. Niel shook his head and followed the figure to a new scene. He gazed around and saw that he was at a beach. He sat down near the sand area and felt the water waves tickling his feet.

“Where did you go?” Niel murmured.

I’m right beside you silly,” The figure covered her face with a mask. Niel looked at her and tilted his head curiously. “I won’t leave you,” The figure softly said.

“Who are you?” Niel asked.

I’m....” The girl began and Niel saw that she was fading away slowly.

“W-wait! Where are you going? Don’t leave! You said you aren’t going to leave!” Niel called out to her but it was too late. She was gone - vanished into thin air. Niel reached out for her and saw no one beside him.

Niel gasped and woke up. He sat right up and plump a wet cloth fell on his lap. He glanced around to seeing that he was in the guest cabin that he shared with Ricky, Hyo Rin and Kyu Ri. He saw the room lights were dimmed.

He picked up the wet cloth and looked around the room. He looked beside his bed to seeing Kyu Ri’s bed. There on her bed was her hand purse and handphone. ‘She is back,’ Niel thought while slowly getting up.

Ruffle, ruffle - his ears perked up to the sound that was coming from the kitchen area. He slowly slipped out of his bed and went over to the kitchen steady. He placed a hand on the wall and looked in the kitchen to seeing Kyu Ri with an apron on. Niel let out a soft cough which he couldn’t hold in. This caused Kyu Ri to turn around and met eyes with Niel. Niel looked warily at her and blushed.

“What are you doing out of bed?” Kyu Ri narrowed her eyes and Niel tried to answer but couldn’t. Kyu Ri tsked and lowered the heat on the stove. “Get your back into that bed,” Kyu Ri demanded while walking over to the male. Niel’s vision was going in and out. He blinked slowly as he saw Kyu Ri approaching him.

Niel didn’t deny and just followed her instructions. Kyu Ri went over to him and as the moment he took his first step - he tripped over his wobbly feet. He landed on Kyu Ri and she let out an annoyed groan. “Aish! This boy! Can’t do anything right,” Kyu Ri hissed out. Kyu Ri grabbed his arm and placed it around her shoulder. Niel rested his head on her shoulder and slowly groaned.

“I...I’m sorry Kyu...Kyu Ri,” Niel whispered lowly. Kyu Ri blushed slightly at the closeness.

Don’t! Don’t freaking say anything!” Kyu Ri dragged his body over to the bed. Kyu Ri set the boy down on the bed and fixed his position. She pulled the covers over the boy’s body and tucked him into bed. “Now you, you stay put. You’re sick so don’t move a muscle. If I catch you out of this bed - I will punish you,” Kyu Ri pointed a finger at him.

Niel silently nodded in understanding. Kyu Ri let out a huff and grabbed the cloth that was on his bed. She dipped it back into the bowl of water and squeezed the water out of it. She leaned down and moved Niel’s bangs out of the way. She gently placed the cloth back on his forehead.

Niel let out a small cough and stared at Kyu Ri with happy eyes. “Thank you...thank you Kyu Ri,” Niel slowly closed his eyes. Kyu Ri looked at him and shook her head. Slowly a smile appeared on her lips. Kyu Ri gazed at his facial features and ran her fingers across his cheek.

Idiot, what am I going to do with you,” Kyu Ri gently whispered while brushing her fingertips down his cheeks. She got up and went back to the kitchen. She saw that the soup pot was simmer so she went to a small bowl. She grabbed a tray while she was getting the bowl. She began setting the tray up for Niel.

She began filling the bowl up with the soup that she made for him. She set the bowl on the tray next to the glass of water. She turned off the stove and picked up the tray and went into the bedroom. She set the tray of food on the table next to Niel. She went over and took the bag off of her bed. She grabbed the medicine bottle that was in the plastic bag. She went over to Niel and sat on his bed.

Kyu Ri unboxed the medicine and took the tiny measuring cup off. She poured out the amount that he was suppose to take and placed it on the table. She looked over at the blushing sick boy and shook her head. She reached over and patted his arm. “Hey, wake up,” Kyu Ri muttered while staring at him. There was no response from the him. Kyu Ri gave a straight face and began shaking his arm.

“Wake up Ahn Daniel, it’s time for your medicine!” Kyu Ri hissed out. Niel’s fingers twitched and then slowly his eyes fluttered open. He blinked a couple of times and then faced Kyu Ri. Kyu Ri looked annoyed and tsked.

“It’s time for your medicine,” Kyu Ri stated while grabbing the tiny cup of red liquid. “Take this and you’ll feel better,” Kyu Ri turned away while pushing the cup towards the sick boy. The male looked at the tiny cup and blinked.

“I...is that cherry?” Niel questioned while his eyes were droopy. Kyu Ri faced Niel and saw that he was pouting.

“Yeah, what about it?” Kyu Ri suspiciously asked while glowering at him.

“I...I don’t like cherry,” Niel babied and turned away. Kyu Ri twitched and let out a low growl. She let out a huff and gritted her teeth.

“Niel, take the medicine and you’ll feel all better,” Kyu Ri gritted out while twitching. Niel let out a pout and shook his head.

“I don’t like cherry!” Niel whined while throwing a fit. Kyu Ri had enough of Niel’s attitude and actions.

“Take the damn medicine!” Kyu Ri shouted while glaring at him.

“NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!” Niel cried out while shaking his head like a little child. Kyu Ri twitched and set the medicine cup down. Kyu Ri snapped her head over to Niel. Niel gave a pout and stared her cutely. Kyu Ri twitched and tackled him down.

“TAKE THE MEDICINE!” Kyu Ri screamed at the top of her lungs as she pinned Niel down to the bed. Niel struggled to get free and once he did. He flipped Kyu Ri over so now he was on top of her.

“NUUUUUUUUUUUUU LEAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEH ALOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEE” Niel shouted while pouting.  Kyu Ri can admit that she was impressed by Niel’s strength but she wouldn’t back down now. She flipped the sick boy over and now they both fell to the ground with a thud. Kyu Ri huffed and pinned him straight to the floor.

“TAKE THE DAMN ING MEDICINE, RIGHT NOW AHN DANIEL!” Niel struggled and Kyu Ri held still until Niel lunged forward. Kyu Ri fell backwards and the two began wrestling. Niel and Kyu Ri rolled around on the floor. Niel was currently on the bottom of Kyu Ri and she glared at him.

“YAHHHHH TAKE THE MEDICINE!” Kyu Ri snapped at the boy. Kyu Ri stared at Niel and he stared back. Never parting eyes, the tension in the room rose. When Niel was about to answer the front cabin door opened and the two didn’t turn away from each other.

“Hey Kyu Ri, I was wondering if you had some make up remo- AHHHH! OHMYGOD - SORRY! I DIDN’T MEAN TO DISTURB YOU! CARRY ON!” Eun Kwang let out a girly shriek and covered his eyes. He slammed the door shut and left in a fast manner.

“You will take that medicine and you will like it,” Kyu Ri said in a deadly cold tone. Niel narrowed his eyes. His cheeks were hot pink due to the fever he had.

“Never in a million years,” Niel said in the same tone as Kyu Ri. The two began round two of wrestling. They attacked each other all over the room and didn’t dare back down to each other. Side by side - up and down, they went forward and backwards. After what seemed like forever the two were lying side by side each other. Panting from the wrestling match. Kyu Ri the side and looked at him. She saw Niel was staring back at her.

“Take the ing medicine. It’s not going to kill you - I’m pretty sure it won’t kill you,” Kyu Ri said while panting.

“I hate cherry - I never liked it since I was younger,” Niel panted while Kyu Ri tsked in annoyance. Kyu Ri held it closer to the boy. “I don’t want to take it...” Niel weakly murmured to the girl.

“It’ll be very quick. You just need to chug it down with some water and it’ll be all over,” Kyu Ri breathed in and out. Niel shook his head and stared into her eyes.

“I don’t want too,” Niel muffled out and sat up. Kyu Ri mimicked his action and sat up as well. The girl continued trying to feed the sick boy the medicine but he wouldn’t. He was being a stubborn one when it comes to take the medicine.

“You’re not going to get any better unless you take this,” Kyu Ri repeated herself while shoving the tiny cup to the boy. Niel peeked one eye open and pushed it away. Kyu Ri mentally slapped herself for putting up with this boy.

“You know what? You are the first person that dares deny me when I tell them to do something,” Kyu Ri muttered while looking away. She got up from the spot and went to get the medication. She took the glass of water as well and went back to the boy. She plopped down beside him.

“Now, I’m asking as nice as I can be, Niel, please, will you just take this medicine,” Kyu Ri asked while staring at him seriously. Niel looked at her and then the small cup. He remained silent for a moment and looked back and forth from the cup to the girl holding the cup.

Kyu Ri kept her patience and twitched. “Is there...another way for you to give that medicine?” Kyu Ri heard the boy ask. Kyu Ri stared at the boy in silence. Niel let out a cough and felt worse by the seconds ticked by.

“How do you expect me to give you this medicine?” Kyu Ri narrowed her eyes. Kyu Ri crawled towards the boy and sat right in front of him.

“I don’t know...that’s why I’m asking you,” Niel bit his lip and pouted. He sat there hacking and in pain. He felt weak and horrible. He didn’t have much strength after the wrestling match. Kyu Ri sat there for a second of thinking when she finally came up with a solution - she stared and watched as the boy’s eyes flickered open but end up dropping.

Kyu Ri cursed at the boy from under her breath and inhaled the cherry medicine into . Kyu Ri didn’t spit it out or swallow - she held in the medicine and decided fully on what she was going to do. Kyu Ri leaned closer to the boy as they were inches away. She could hear Niel’s deep shallow breathing.

Niel sat there shutting his eyes for a brief second. He felt like dying due to the horrible feeling he feels on the inside. He breathed deeply until he felt a pair of softness against his lips. He then realized that someone was kissing him. His eyes were shut and he felt a pair of arms wrapping around his neck. If he wanted to pull away, he wouldn’t be able to now because he was now bound. The soft lips were fully on his now; nibbling away on his lower lip and the taste of cherry was tinting.

Kyu Ri pulled Niel closer to her and she forced her tongue into Niel’s mouth. The rush of cherry medicine overflowed into Niel’s mouth. Niel fluttered his eyes open to seeing Kyu Ri with her eyes closed. Niel’s eyes automatically shut once again. Niel placed his arms around Kyu Ri’s waist and tugged her onto his lap. Kyu Ri kept her lips onto Niel’s because she didn’t want him to spit it out.

Cherry liquid slowly flowed down Niel’s burning throat. Kyu Ri continued pecking Niel’s lips over and over. Niel felt his body growing hotter each second. He never knew that Kyu Ri would end up doing this. When he said to think of a solution but this solution was far out of reach but it happened. Niel’s first kiss with Kyu Ri was through medicine.

When the cherry liquid was all gone, Kyu Ri pulled away from Niel. Niel gulped and blushed harshly. He looked down at Kyu Ri and didn’t know what to say or do. She placed a hand over his cheek and stared into his eyes. “This was the only way I can think of for you to take the medicine,” Kyu Ri stated.

“...it-it’s fine,” Niel replied.

“Well at least you took your medicine,” Kyu Ri tried to get out of Niel’s embrace but he held onto her tightly. Kyu Ri struggled until Niel wrapped his arm around her body. He then whispered, “Don’t leave,”

Kyu Ri looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “What do you want?” Niel rested his head on the girl’s shoulder.

“Sleepy,” Niel murmured while shutting his eyes.

“If you’re sleepy - then go to your bed,” Kyu Ri felt her cheeks heating up. She could feel Niel’s breathing against her skin.

“If I go...I’m scared you might disappear and won’t be nice to me anymore...” Kyu Ri heard the boy’s confession. “If I leave then...I won’t be able to spend this much time with you. I like being around you...you’re not anything like those students say you are. You...I can tell you had a tough and rough past,” Niel stated. “I want to be with you. I want to help you through that pain. I want to always be beside Kyu Ri because I like her,” Niel said while slowly falling asleep. Kyu Ri looked and saw that he fell asleep.

“...idiot, such an idiot,” Kyu Ri shook her head. Once again, Kyu Ri helped the boy up onto his bed and tucked him in. Kyu Ri moved his hair out of his face and sat beside him. She smiled and stared at his sleeping face. “Why are you such an idiot? The world may never know...”

“Ahn Daniel, I don’t understand why you like me. I find it funny how you always end up doing such stupid things and I end up saving you,” Kyu Ri chuckled. “Yet...I don’t know why but I like being around you now too,” Kyu Ri confessed. “I’ve gotten used to you so now...” Kyu Ri stared at the sleeping boy’s face.

“Without you...it seems empty. I don’t know what you have done to me Ahn Daniel but...don’t stop it,” Kyu Ri chuckled again. “Such an idiot - I fell for an idiot,” Kyu Ri leaned down and gave Niel a soft peck on the lips and pulled away.

“Good night my one and only idiot,” Kyu Ri went off to her bed and turned off the lights. She realized that Niel didn’t eat any of the food she made for him so in the morning she’ll demand for him to eat it. As for the tray of food - she’ll leave it on the table for now maybe later he’ll eat it.