| Chapter 19 |

He's A T-!

“Now you come back anytime you want, okay?” Hyo Rin waved good bye to the sales clerk and hooked arms with Ricky. “Such an adorable couple...”

“So...is this different from your part of the city?” Ricky asked while opening up an ice cream pop for Hyo Rin. Then he handed it over to the younger girl, who accepted it with ‘thanks’.

“Hm, it is different,” Hyo Rin looked around as they walked down the sidewalk towards Ricky’s house, “But it’s a good different. It has a really welcoming feel and it feels like going home.” she smiled at the boy.

Ricky playfully sighed in relief, “I thought you would dump me for where I live,” he fake-cried.

“Babo,” Hyo Rin bonked him on the head lightly, “Is that what you think of me?”

“I didn’t mean it like that, I was just joking~,” Ricky sang as he wrapped an arm around the girl’s waist.

“So,” Hyo Rin started as she took a tiny bite of her ice cream pop, “does your parents know about me?” she looked at the taller boy.

“They know something; your name and what you are to me,” Ricky grinned.

The couple continued strolling down the street, talking and joking about things.

“Here it is,” Ricky announced as they stopped in front of house. He pushed the small gate open and tugged the girl to the front yard.

Hyo Rin started feeling nervous; what if Ricky’s parents didn’t like her? What if they made him break up with her? What if they thought that she was a rich, spoiled player? Hyo Rin shuddered at the thought.

They stopped at the front door. Ricky turned towards the girl and studied her posture.

“Are you okay?” Ricky asked as he laid his hands on the girl’s shoulders.

“I’m nervous,” Hyo Rin bit her lip, “Do I look fine?” she fixed her hair and dress. Her hands trembled slightly as she fumbled with her dress.

“Stop,” Ricky grabbed the girl’s hands, making the girl look up, “You look fine.”

“Really?” Hyo Rin’s eyes twinkled.

Ricky looked at the girl and her outfit, “You are beautiful~ You have nothing to worry about.”

O9wFSGleo9Xnpen-ecPgOo8Qwu_HhYdiBmWU98Cut9tY6X8yzWOpiKP_GVNMN87IkWL-Ea0QHCxtXO3o

 

Hyo Rin’s cheeks slightly tinted pink as she smiled at the boy.

Ricky squeezed the girl’s hands in his, “Are you ready to go inside?”

Hyo Rin took a deep breath, before answering, “Yes, let’s go and get over with it~.”

Ricky took the door handle and pushed it down to open the door. He beckoned the girl to follow him as they entered the house. They took of their shoes at the lobby and slipped their feet into a soft slippers; Ricky had his own, while Hyo Rin borrowed some ‘guest slippers’.

“Mom! Dad!” Ricky shouted; the shout echoing throughout the house, indicating that he was home.

Footsteps were heard, before a woman’s head popped out of one door opening.

“Chang Hyun,” she smiled before rushing over to greet her son and his girlfriend. The woman stopped in front of the couple.

Hyo Rin bowed, “Hello~”.

“Uwaah, so pretty~,” Mrs. Yoo cooed as she pinched one of Hyo Rin’s cheeks.

“Ricky has told much about you,” Mrs. Yoo smiled.

“Oh really? He told me that you know my name and what I am to him,” Hyo Rin sheepishly glanced at her boyfriend, whose cheeks were pink.

“So uhm,” Ricky coughed, “Where’s dad?”

“Oh, he’s in his study, let me go get him. Please make yourself comfortable in the living room,” Mrs. Yoo grinned before rushing off to get her husband.

“Come on,” Ricky tugged on the girl’s hand, leading her into their living room. They sat on a cream colored couch next to each other.

Hyo Rin looked around the place, “Your house is so pretty~ I like the decor.” she spoke as she smiled at Ricky.

“Well, you should thank my mom for that. Without her this place wouldn’t be like this,” Ricky rubbed the back of his neck.

“Chang Hyun.” a deep voice said.

Both Ricky and Hyo Rin looked up before standing up to bow at the person in front of them.

The man nodded at them, “So this is your girlfriend? Shin Hyo Rin, right?”

“That’s right, sir,” Hyo Rin said after she had sat back down.

"How in the world did my son manage to get such a beautiful girl?" Mr. Yoo asked as he examined the couple. Hyo Rin bowed her head in thanks.

"Dad," Ricky whined, he didn't like how his parents joked about him getting a girlfriend.

“You will stay for dinner, right?” Mrs. Yoo asked Hyo Rin.

“Oh sure, if that is fine with you,” Hyo Rin smiled sweetly.

“Of course, sweetie,” Mrs. Yoo gently Hyo Rin’s hair, “Chang Hyun’s future wife is always welcome to our house,” she continued, playfully winking at the young couple.

Hyo Rin flushed red, “Thank you..”

“Mom!” Ricky yelped in disbelief; mom just didn’t say that.

Mr. and Mrs. Yoo laughed at their son’s reaction, “You never know what happens~” Mrs. Yoo skipped towards the kitchen. “I will call Young Jae down too; I think he would be glad to meet you Hyo Rin.”

The young couple and Mr. Yoo continued conversing before Young Jae, Ricky’s cousin apparently, came to join them.

Young Jae stepped in to the living room and saw Ricky, Mr.Yoo and Hyo Rin, his crush.

Young Jae’s cheeks tinted pink as he stepped forward and sat next to Mr. Yoo,

“Oh, Young Jae~,” Hyo Rin smiled widely as she saw the boy.

Young Jae nodded in acknowledging the girl, “Hey.”

“You know him?” Ricky and Mr. Yoo asked the girl, who was looking at the newly-arrived boy.

“Yeah, Yoo Young Jae. We are..” Hyo Rin smiled as she paused, causing Young Jae look at her, “we are good friends.” she finished with a grin.

Young Jae smiled, “You could say that.”
“I haven’t seen you, since.. You know,” Hyo Rin chuckled.

Young Jae nodded as he clasped his hands together, “I have been busy.”

“Young Jae here, he’s living with us at the moment; his parents are on a road trip. And now we are trying to give him all the support he needs, he’s accomplishing his dream of becoming a singer,” Mr. Yoo smiled proudly as he tapped Young Jae’s shoulder.

“Uncle,” Young Jae meekly said, cheeks pink.

“Really?” Hyo Rin was genuinely happy for him, “That’s amazing! Good luck~,” she sang as she gave a wink at the blond boy.

“Thank you,” Young Jae smiled. The girl and the blond boy gazed at each other for a while.

“Hm, since you know my name; I’m Ricky’s girlfriend now,” Hyo Rin said, as she grasped her boyfriend’s hand in hers.

Young Jae’s face faltered a bit, “Congratulations, you two,” he said, slight bitterness in his voice.

“Thanks,” Ricky said as he nuzzled the girl’s shoulder softly.

"Ay, so cute; aren't they Young Jae?" Mr. Yoo grinned as he turned to his brother's son. The boy could only nod.

In about half an hour, Mrs. Yoo called everyone to eat. Hyo Rin decided to have a small talk with Young Jae before going to the table.

“Young Jae,” the girl called, making the boy turn around, “Are you mad at me?”

Young Jae shook his head, “Of course not, why would I be?”

“I just thought because I rejected you earlier..” Hyo Rin muttered as she averted her gaze to the wall.

“Hey, let’s just forget about that, hm?” Young Jae smiled, “I can get over it. You are happy with Chang Hyun. So everything is fine?” he slung an arm around the girl’s shoulders.

“I guess,” Hyo Rin shrugged, “Thank you,” she smiled at the boy.

“No need to thank. Let’s go eat, I’m starving,” Young Jae pouted as the younger girl laughed at him.

The Yoo family accepted Hyo Rin as Ricky’s girlfriend and she was accepted to the family. During their dinner, they made a small talk here and there, laughing occasionally.

After having a cup of tea or coffee, Hyo Rin decided to go home; it was almost 4pm.

“I better go now,” Hyo Rin turned around after putting her shoes on, “Thank you for your hospitality,” she bowed.

“Oh, anytime sweetie,” Mrs. Yoo hugged her, “Come again anytime, araso?”

“Araso, thank you,” Hyo Rin giggled before pulling away from the hug.

“It was nice meeting you, sir,” Hyo Rin offered a hand towards Mr. Yoo, who grabbed it and shook it gently.

“Same here, Ms. Shin,” Mr. Yoo said making the others chuckle.

“I will see you at school, Young Jae,” Hyo Rin beamed at the older blond boy, who nodded with a smile.

“I’ll walk her home, I’ll be back soon,” Ricky smiled, before the couple waved at the rest and left the house to begin their journey towards Hyo Rin’s house.

 


Seunii's Love Letters: I just wanted to make this little note to say, how much I appreciate those of you reading and leaving small comments (even those who don't leave comments and are silent readers) :) It warms my heart very deeply. Though I would like to note that if you precious readers would like me to update more - just tell me so~ ^^ I tend to forget...I apologize beforehand ;A; but also, I just wanted to tell you that - I love you readers~ <3 I love you all very, very, very much~ ^^ it makes me happy~

Thank you for your loving support! Till the next update~