| Chapter 10 |

He's A T-!

|Time Skip To The Next Afternoon|

---

Hyo Rin and BtoB walked out of the school after the final bell rang.

Peniel glanced at his little sister; why would she dress up so nicely for today? It was a normal school day today. She even wore make-up.

“Noona?”

Hyo Rin looked at Il Hoon with a smile, “Yeah?”

“Why have you dressed up so pretty?” Il Hoon gestured to Hyo Rin’s way of dressing.

TXoHCTv9j-lKT5YjbvCFS5oXNO8PFzBdLnPoBvBMw1NQ2CqeUpyfk0QOZc3Iwgs0bL9IYSP3ukUc5CvQ

“Oh, this?” Hyo Rin looked up and a wide grin splayed on her lips. She saw a familiar figure at the gate already. She saw as the familiar boy was kicking the pebbles on the ground.

“Peniel oppa!,” Hyo Rin turned to her brother as she beamed, “Can you tell our parents I’m out with a friend, if they ask?”

“What-?” Peniel started.

“Okay, thanks! I’ll be on my way now!” Hyo Rin waved and ran away.

Peniel and the rest of BtoB was watching after the running girl as she ran towards the gate. Her older brother saw the familiar blue-haired kid lift his head up to look at the approaching steps, a smile spreading on the young boy’s lips.

“Hey, Peniel? Isn’t that the one guy from Hyo Rin and Kyu Ri’s class?” Min Hyuk asked as he too peered at the guy.

“I think it is. What was his name again?” Chang Sub put a thinking face on.

“Ricky, his name is Ricky.” Peniel whispered. Hyun Sik patted his shoulder, “Hyo Rin will be fine~!”

Peniel nodded agreeing; more like hoping that it is true.

Meanwhile, Hyo Rin stopped in front of Ricky. “Hey~,” she breathed out with a smile.

“Hey, so you are ready to go?” the blue-haired boy asked. Hyo Rin nodded happily as Ricky took her hand gently and led her away.

"You look beautiful in that dress, by the way," Ricky complemented, but he didn't dare look at the girl or otherwise his cheeks would have fired up.

"Thank you, you are handsome also~," Hyo Rin sang.

"So where are we going?" Hyo Rin asked as they walked down the sideway.

"You'll see," Ricky turned to look at the girl, "but you will love it," he winked.

After a good ten minute walk, the couple stopped to take a little break on a bench.

“Isn’t your feet aching in those shoes?” Ricky asked as he stared at the girl’s heels.

“Oh these? They are killing me honestly,” Hyo Rin laughed as she took off her shoes and gently massaged her feet.

“Are you going to be fine? It’s not a long walk anymore,” Ricky softly asked.

Hyo Rin softened, “Of course, it’s not like I couldn’t handle this,” Hyo Rin smiled, placed her feet in her shoes again and stood up from the bench. “Shall we continue?”

Ricky nodded and they continued. He was right, it took only about a minute or two to reach the place. They stopped at the top of the large steps.

IqPYlY7eJWbgzOI6AKEKpGGzlsTIbfctkV2vdbny

Hyo Rin looked around in awe, “How did you find this place?”

A small smile danced on the older boy’s lips, “I usually come here to think and just be. This is really calm place, perfect for a good thinking.”

Hyo Rin turned to look at the boy. She studied his face and his expression, his posture. There was something more behind those words.

Ricky noticed how the girl didn’t respond and he lifted his head up to look at the girl, “What’s wrong?”

Hyo Rin gave him a small lopsided grin, “There is something more in how you know this place.”

Ricky flushed pink, “Well, that’s not the only way how I know this place..” he tugged on the girl’s hand, “Let’s go down first, I will tell you there.”

They walked down the stairs in silence, and when they reached the bottom of the stairs, they sat on a bench that was placed in front of a little pond. The park they were at, was seriously really calm.

Hyo Rin looked at the boy, “So, what’s the meaning?”

Ricky took a breath, “I actually used to come here with my mom, when I was younger. We would be here for hours; eating, laughing, playing. But now, those times are over.”

“Waeyo?” Hyo Rin asked quietly, her eyes glued on the older boy. She took the boy’s hand in hers and squeezed it gently.

“My mom; she left me, my older brother and my dad. She apparently had a man outside our home and later on she got married to the man. They had a child and you can just basically guess the rest. That’s what I heard about my mom.” Ricky told slowly, fiddling with his, but also with Hyo Rin’s, fingers.

“You are living with your dad and older brother, hm?” Hyo Rin asked, which got a nod as an answer.

“My dad remarried, so I kind of like have a mom. I like her; she’s not bad like that how they always present step-moms in the movies.” Ricky laughed, causing the girl laugh also.

“I’m happy for you, Chang Hyun,” Hyo Rin squeezed his hand. Ricky looked at the girl with a smile.

“So now you know,” he started, “should we get something to drink now?”

Hyo Rin laughed, “Sure.”

They got the drinks; tea for Hyo Rin, Americano for Ricky. Then they went back to the bench, where they sat earlier. They spend hours just laughing and talking, getting know to each other.

In return, Hyo Rin told about her parents and his brother. Ricky noticed how she mentioned minimal things about her parents; it was like she was afraid of her parents, like she thought they would be watching her at that exact moment. It made the boy worry.

Hyo Rin sighed, just ending one story about her and Peniel’s little prank they once played on their friends, “Could we walk around a bit, I can’t feel my .”

“Okay, even though I might have not wanted to know about your bum,” Ricky stood up from the bench, making the girl go red. Ricky offered a hand towards the girl, “I’ll help you up.”

Hyo Rin shyly took his hand and got pulled up. She accidentally stumbled and crashed into the boy’s chest. “Oops, I’m sorry, I-.. I tripped..” she stuttered, as she stepped back. Ricky nodded with a smile and began leading her around the park; hand-in-hand.

After a while, Hyo Rin’s phone started ringing. She fished it out and she looked at ID.

“Who is it?” Ricky curiously asked.

“Peniel oppa, I have to answer this. Excuse me,” Hyo Rin apologized before answering the phone, “Hello?”

“Good thing you answered, you better come home now.”

“Waeyo?”

“Mom and dad accidentally got a word that you are out with a boy. I’m sorry~,” Peniel cried out.

“Eh? Oh my, I better come then. Are they angry?” Hyo Rin bit her lip as she glanced at her ‘date’.

“Slightly pissed off, but you know how they are. Just come, please.”

“I will come in a sec. See you then,” Hyo Rin and Peniel bid their goodbyes before ending the phone call.

“I’m sorry, but I have to get home now. My parents are pissed off at me..” Hyo Rin chewed on her lip as she gazed at the boy.

“I will walk you home, then. I’m sorry,” Ricky began leading the girl towards her home, in a quite fast manner.

“It’s not your fault. I’ll be fine~,” Hyo Rin widely grinned.

The rest of the journey was silent, neither uttered a word. Soon enough they arrived at Hyo Rin’s house.

“It was fun today, really fun. Thank you for taking me out, and thank you for telling me about your childhood. We should do this other time again,” Hyo Rin smiled as she softly pecked Ricky’s cheek. His cheeks tinted pink at the act of skinship.

“I agree. Take care, and text me what happens. I don’t want you to move school because of going on a date with me,” Ricky pouted, making the girl laugh.

“Take care, I better go now~,” Hyo Rin waved and ran inside. Ricky smiled and left.

Hyo Rin was just taking off her shoes, when a voice said, “Do you know that you should have been home an hour ago? More pleasurably, after school. Follow me, young lady.”

It was her dad, voice strict; the disappointment showing.

Hyo Rin sighed, took off her other shoe and followed her dad to the living room, where her mom was already sitting down.

“Take a seat.” her mom pointed out, and Hyo Rin complied. Her dad sat next to his wife.

Hyo Rin could only wait for the scolding.