| Chapter 14 |

He's A T-!

Kyu Ri sneaked up the stairs and climbed up the side of the roof top. Kyu Ri placed her black hoodie on top of her head and laid back down. Kyu Ri let out a yawn and closed her eyes. She felt the cool breeze. When she was about to fall into a deep state of sleep, she heard the door bust open. Kyu Ri’s eyes snapped open and glared over at the intruder.

“Yah, fat lips, back off of my girlfriend, understand? She doesn’t need a guy like you when she has me,” A big brute of a guy shoved a familiar figure halfway across the area.

“I-I, it was a big misunderstanding! She-she just dropped her pencil and I was being kind,” Niel defended while being pushed up against the metal bars.

“You can take your kindness and get the out,” The same guy demanded while raising Niel up higher. “If I catch you with my girlfriend again, you’ll see what happens - understand?!” The guy shouted loudly.

When Niel was about to answer, he saw a flash before his eyes. Niel was dropped to the ground and the guy that was threatening Niel had fainted on the spot. Niel blinked and saw a hooded figure before him.

“...piece of ,” The voice was very familiar to Niel. Niel looked at the person and saw them taking their hood off. Black long hair flowed out and Niel remembered.

“Kyu Ri!” Niel called out happily. Kyu Ri didn’t turn around to answer him. She climbed back up to where she was before. Niel followed behind the girl and climbed up next to her. Kyu Ri curled up and tried to make herself comfortable on the rooftop. Niel sat there blushing at what Kyu Ri had just done. She saved him from that bigger and stronger boy.

Niel looked around and heard nothing but sweet silence. He looked over to seeing Kyu Ri’s sleeping body. He leaned over and saw that she was indeed asleep. He smiled and looked at her sleeping face. She had a fair complexion and he liked how she looked nothing like how people told him that she does. She looked peaceful and beautiful here. He leaned closer to her sleeping face and reached out to brush a strand of hair out of the way.

Swiftly Kyu Ri pinched his finger and snapped her eyes open. Niel flinched when she pinched his finger. “...what do you think you’re doing touching me?” Kyu Ri hissed out.

“I-I-I” Niel stuttered while she let go of his finger and sat up.

“I can’t even sleep in peace up here,” Kyu Ri huffed while looking away.

“I....sorry,” Niel frowned when looking down. “I...didn’t mean to disturb you,” Niel apologized.

“Whatever,” Kyu Ri lazily said while taking her hood off.

“I just wanted to say thank you for saving me back there...” Niel pouted while looking at her with pink cheeks.

“Ironic how the guy is suppose to save the girl. Though this is the other way around,” Niel flushed bright pink when she said that.

“I...I like you,” Niel confessed out of the blue. Kyu Ri snapped her head over at the boy who was staring at the girl seriously.

“Don’t joke about that Ahn Daniel, we don’t even know each other that well enough for you to tell me that,” Kyu Ri rolled eyes and rested her head on her knee. Suddenly she felt her hand being pressed against something. She glanced over to seeing Niel holding her hand up against his chest. Her eyes widen slightly in confusion.

“What are you doing?” Kyu Ri questioned while her eyes narrowed. Niel gulped and pressed her hand harder.

“Can’t you feel this unstoppable heartbeat?” Niel blushed while looking at her.

“...what do you want me to say?” Kyu Ri asked while staring at Niel.

“It started to feel this way when I first met you in the hallway with your friends. Then...at the club’s roof top when I finally encountered you to give you back your shoes. It continued when I saw you at the night market,” Niel began explaining while Kyu Ri’s cold stoned look disappeared. She looked intrigued by his explanation.

“Just today in the morning...I felt angry...when I saw you with Hyun Sik. I didn’t like how Hyun Sik was so close to you...I didn’t want you two to be close like that..” Niel’s cheeks turned hotter by the second ticked by. Kyu Ri looked at the boy and raised an eyebrow.

Kyu Ri didn’t say anything to his thoughts. Instead she just smirked and knew where this was going. Niel continued rambling on about his feelings. “Jealous,” Kyu Ri spoke out while taking her arm back from Niel. “You’re jealous,” Kyu Ri repeated while laughing. Niel looked over at her and gasped.

“Sure, call it jealousy,” Niel pouted while looking away. Kyu Ri looked over with an amused smirk. “Just pure jealousy,” Niel commented.

Kyu Ri looked at him and thought, ‘At least I know this boy can confess his jealousy without denying it,’ Kyu Ri continued staring at Niel with an amused look. Niel could feel her intense staring and glanced over to seeing her with a smirk.

“Yah, I said that I like you! Don’t look at me like that!” Niel whined while pouting. Kyu Ri placed a hand over and laughed.

“It’s not funny Kyu Ri,” Niel looked at her.

“It is to me...” Kyu Ri murmured out while snickering.

“Don’t make me punish you,” Niel shyly looked down.

“You? You punish me? Really? What are you going to do?” Kyu Ri teased while raising an eyebrow.

“I will...” Niel began while scooting closer to the girl. Kyu Ri sat there firmly while glaring at him. He raised both of his hands and brushed her black hair out of her face. Kyu Ri remained stoned in her spot. Niel brushed his fingertips against her pale cheeks. They locked eyes and then Niel did something unexpected to Kyu Ri.

Niel gave her cheeks two soft pinches. Kyu Ri blinked in shock and saw Niel slowly started chuckling at her response to his actions. Kyu Ri’s eye slowly twitched in annoyance. “You think this is funny?” Kyu Ri gritted out while Niel kept his hands still. He didn’t let go of her cheeks.

“Mmm...yes, this is punishment,” Niel nodded his head firmly. Kyu Ri let out a sigh and then narrowed her eyes at the boy.

“Well...Daniel, consider this with love from me,” Kyu Ri darkly whispered to him. She whipped her hands onto Niel’s cheeks and gave them a pinch as well. Kyu Ri squeezed the two cheeks and Niel whined.

“Let go~! This hurts now Kyu Ri~” Niel whined to the girl.

“NO. YOU LET GO FIRST,” Kyu Ri glared at him while laughing.

“NO YOU, AISH - IT HURTS” Niel cried out.

“We’ll both let go on the count of three,” Kyu Ri said while nodding at him.

“One,”

“Two,”

“Three,”

Nothing happened, the two continued their positions. “Aish, this will never stop!” Niel cried out.

“It wouldn’t have happened if you just listened to me!” Kyu Ri snapped while scoffed.

“Yah,” Niel began but ended up getting glared at.

“Don’t you ing ‘yah’ me! God,” Kyu Ri hissed out.

“Alright, Kyu Ri, I’ll let go - if you let go this time - okay?” Niel tried to come to an agreement with the hot headed girl.

“ing fine, whatever, let’s just do this because my ing cheeks are numb now!” Kyu Ri growled out.

“Okay! On three - ready? THREE!” Niel shouted and the two teenagers let go and let out painful whines. Well mainly Niel, Kyu Ri was on the verge of killing someone due to the pain.

“Kyu Ri?” Niel began while turning over to the girl. He looked to seeing her cheeks a deep shade of pink.

“WHATDOYOUWANT?” Kyu Ri demanded.

“Thank you and I’m sorry for bothering you...” Niel shyly said while smiling at her.

“Tsk...” Kyu Ri turned away from the boy.

“Let me go get some ice for your cheeks. I’m sorry for pinching you,” Niel got up from his seat and gets ready to get down but got held back. Kyu Ri got up and sighed.

“I’ll go with you,” Niel looked at her and felt his lips curving into a smile. “Tsk, don’t think just because I’m going with you is because of anything! You might end up getting your whooped again,” Kyu Ri stated with pink cheeks while hopping down from the rooftop. Niel fell for her simple lie. Niel nodded his head in shame and came after her. She placed her hood back up to cover her red cheeks.

“We should hurry so the nurse doesn’t leave to go home. Considering that is possibly after school now,” Niel said quietly to the girl. He hid his face in shame because of what Kyu Ri had said. Kyu Ri looked at the boy in the corner of her eye and didn’t say anything.

‘Ahn Daniel, you are one strange boy...Yet, why do I feel...happy when I heard that you were jealous? We have no connection whatsoever yet you said that you like me’ Kyu Ri thought while walking down the hallway with Niel.

“Omo, it’s the Ruthless with Ahn Niel,”

“What could this mean?”

“Are they dating?”

“Omo, Kyu Ri and Niel?”

“I doubt they are dating...”

“Why don’t you ask if they are dating or not!”

Kyu Ri ignored the comments meanwhile Niel was blushing from the comments. The two walked down into the medical clinic. Kyu Ri pushed opened the door and looked around to seeing if the nurse was there or not. Niel looked in and saw that it was an empty room. Kyu Ri groaned and strolled right into the room. Niel followed after the girl.

“Have a seat,” Niel looked at the girl and saw that she had ordered him to sit down upon the nursing bed. Niel followed her orders or otherwise he would be in trouble if he didn’t. Kyu Ri looked around and saw the instant-ice pack. Kyu Ri took two of the packets and went over to Niel. Kyu Ri threw one to Niel and he caught it. Kyu Ri sat back in the lounging chair and crushed the packet and instantly it grew cold. Kyu Ri held up the ice packet upon her cheek and looked over at Niel. Niel was sitting there trying his best to get the ice packet to work.

“Aish...this boy can’t do anything, can he?” Kyu Ri muttered under her breath. Kyu Ri took the packet from the boy and handed him hers instead. “Use that,” Kyu Ri ordered while crushing Niel’s packet without breaking a sweat. She once again held up the packet upon her other cheek.

“...thank you Kyu Ri, I’m sorry for being weak...” Niel bowed his head and frowned.

“...stop saying sorry to me,” Kyu Ri muttered.

“B-but I’m sorry for causing you problems though,” Niel looked at her innocently.

“It doesn’t matter - don’t say sorry to me,” Kyu Ri said again. “Just say it when it’s needed, otherwise people will take advantage of your innocence,” Kyu Ri said quietly for him to hear.

“Y-you think...I’m innocent? R-really?” Niel’s cheeks flushed as he looked at her with hope.

“Don’t take that as a compliment,” Kyu Ri muttered. Niel looked at the girl and blinked at her.

“N-no, you...you really said it! Well not say it exactly but...you’re trying to trick me!” Niel pointed at her.

“And that’s how innocent you are...” Kyu Ri shook her head in disbelief of this boy.

“There you go again! Y-you really think I’m innocent?” Niel gasped while smiling at her.

“You’re also gullible and a goody-two-shoes,” Kyu Ri rolling her eyes.

“I’m not gullible! And to point out! I am not a goody-two-shoes. I can be considered as Mr. Bad To The Bone as well!” Niel stated firmly while looking at her.

“Really? When was the last time you did something bad hmm? Mister...Bad To The Bone?” Kyu Ri teased while raising an eyebrow.

“The last time I did something bad was...” Niel began while holding in his breath.

“Was...?” Kyu Ri blinked at him.

“I was suppose to throw away a piece of plastic in the recycling bin instead...I threw it in a regular bin! Oh the pain!” Niel cried out while hiding his face in shame.

“...You...” Kyu Ri began while slapping her forehead. “You...are so...bad. You dare devil you,” Kyu Ri shook her head while Niel nodded. ‘I bet he is a ,’ Kyu Ri snickered.

“I can’t believe I did that...” Niel cried out.

“It’s okay, this won’t go on your resume. It’ll be okay,” Kyu Ri comforted the boy plainly.

“This has to be a secret! Between you and I, I can trust you,” Niel nodded while looking at her.

“You trust me?” Kyu Ri blinked at him and saw him nodded at her.

“I trust you,” Niel smiled at the girl while she gave him an unidentified look. To him, she is intriguing and mystifying - she was mysterious in many ways that makes him want to find out more about her. She was an undiscovered gem that no one seems to notice. He knew she was special from the moment that he laid eyes on her.

“You trust me even though we don’t even know each other that well?” Kyu Ri raised an eyebrow.

“I know in my gut that I could trust you,” Niel stated while smiling. Kyu Ri got up from her seat and placed the ice packet down. Niel looked at her and was about to get up but then suddenly he saw Kyu Ri tackled him down onto the bed.

Niel gulped and felt his cheeks redden as he saw Kyu Ri stare into his eyes. He felt the girl’s body pressing up against his. Kyu Ri placed both hands on each side of his face. Niel was trapped by Kyu Ri and he didn’t know what to do. He felt his breath being shaken from the sudden silence in the room. Niel couldn’t hear anything else but their breathing. Niel felt his heart beat racing.

“K-Kyu Ri,” Niel stuttered out first while seeing her eyes shifting up and down. Kyu Ri leaned closer until they were inches away from liplocking. Niel trembled slightly, he has never experienced this type of situation before.

“You still trust me...?” Kyu Ri questioned while looking at boy below her. Niel looked into her eyes and felt as if he was in a trance whenever he looked into her eyes.

“I do...” Niel answered her breathless. He felt his breath being taken away due to Kyu Ri. Inside of him, he liked this feeling of being with her. Her cold dark eyes mesmerized him, wanting to be closer to her.

“You’re strange...” Kyu Ri whispered while climbing off of the boy and sat on the edge of the bed. Niel’s cheeks kept the shade of red and he sat up. He stared at the girl and remained quiet.

“...you make me confused. I don’t understand you at all. Even though I curse at you, tease you, make you feel like crap - why do you...why do you keep smiling?” Kyu Ri shook her head. Kyu Ri turned to face him and looked at him for answers.

Because...I like you,” Niel said while beamed at the girl. Kyu Ri watched as he slowly approached the girl. Niel took a seat beside her and he raised a trembling hand. He brushed the black strand of hair out of her face. “Kyu Ri, I like you, no matter what anyone says,” Niel stated while leaning in slowly.

Kyu Ri looked at him and somehow inside of her; she could trust him. Suddenly she felt him pressed his lips against her cheek.