Youngjae

Exo and B.A.P Oneshot Collection (Abandoned)

You tapped your fingers against the counter surface as time ticked by slowly. With a huff you stretched your limbs against the counter and whined. “It’s so boring!!!” you whined.

 

“Please, when you aren’t here it’s full,” your friend/co-worker replied, organizing the sweets and sandwiches on display neatly. “Maybe you are just contagious or something.”

 

You pouted at her words and playfully punched her arm softly. “Yeah right, you jerk,” you laughed. In return, she poked her tongue at you in a teasing way. Not long after, you stared at her with a pout as she sat in front of you at one of the tables, taking a short break. “This is not fair,” you stated, crossing your arms.

 

Your friend just shrugged her shoulders and took out her phone and started playing with it. “You should stop complaining,” she responded, scrolling through apps to find a game to play.

 

“Says you, you can sit down and chillax while I have to stand and monitor my area,” you replied.

 

“Then would you like to organize the things in the storage instead?” the manager voiced out, as he exited the storage room. “Cause I think there is plenty of things to be done there.”

 

You gulped knowingly and shook your head. “It’s okay Mr Kim, I prefer to stay at the counter,” you responded quickly, not liking the idea of being stuck in the backs storage and organizing all the boxes and foods.

 

Mr Kim nodded his head in response and walked back inside collecting the sweets and boxes delivered from this morning. When he turned his back on you, you pocked your tongue at him. “Meanie, he really knows what I hate doing work like that,” you stated.

 

Your friend laughed as she watched you whine. “You should know by now that this is how things works. Besides it’s Friday, after a while it will become like the bustling streets outside,” she said, putting away her phone.

 

“Still,” you continued, “I’m bored.”

 

Your friend thought carefully before clapping her hands together. “I know! Remember when I was called the queen of fortune? I shall cast a miracle right now!” she exclaimed happily.

 

You looked at her weirdly. “Oh really?” you questioned, “Can you really make some kind of miracle today?”

 

The other nodded confidently in return.

 

“Yeah right. You can’t even go to the convenient store by yourself,” you scoffed. Your friend blushed in embarrassment before poking her tongue at you.

 

“Shut up, you know I don’t like going anywhere by myself.”

 

“Because big bad gangsters will come and get you in broad daylight,” you teased. Your friend pouted at you before crossing her arms and starring hard at you.

 

“You are so mean” she complained, slouching on the chair she is seated on. You rolled your eyes at her and laughed.

 

“Whatever you say~”

 

***

 

“You two, please make sure that the ones on display don’t get mixed up. Keep them in their sections,” the manager said, noting down things on his notebook.

 

“Yes sir,” you and your friend said in unison.

 

You turned around and organized the food on display, placing the ones still left in the empty spots of the tray. Your friend grabbed a cloth and cleaned the surface of the tables, making sure it was clean.

 

As you were organizing the food on display, the bell at the door rang as the door opened, revealing two good-looking boys. You looked up and gasped slightly as your friends eyes widen in surprise.

 

“Good afternoon,” she said softly to the customers as they nodded in return. They chose to sit at the table closest to the counter before talking to each other about what they should order. “Here is the menus, please call me when you are about to order,” your friend stated, before going over to you and pushing slightly.

 

“Just wow.”

 

“Yeah. Wow,” you replied, nodding in agreement as you stared at the two boys. You flushed pink as you made eye contact with one of them that had light brown hair. “Omo.”

 

“Excuse me,” one of the boys with dark brown hair called out, calling for your friend. Your friend stiffened before rushing over to their side.

 

“Yes, what would you like?” she questioned.

 

“I would like the red velvet cheesecake with a hot chocolate please,” he responded, pointing at the menu. She nodded in return before turning to his friend.

 

“And I would like the chocolate milkshake please,” the other said. Your friend noted the orders down and grabbed the menus from them slowly.

 

“Please wait for a while, your orders will be out soon,” she said before coming over to the counter and handing me the notes. “Cut one piece of the cheesecake and I will do the rest.”

 

You nodded in reply before grabbing the cheesecake on display and cutting a piece out to place on the plate, while your friend was making the hot chocolate before going on to the chocolate milkshake. “Here,” you said, placing the cheesecake on the tray as the other placed the other orders next to it.

 

Your friend breathed in deeply before grabbing the tray. “And here I go,” she said before walking over to the boys. “Here you go,” she mumbled, placing their orders in front of them.

 

“Thank you,” the one with dark brown hair looked at her name tag, “JinAe,” he finished, smiling at her. Your friend—JinAe blushed at his smile and nodded her head while his friend just smiled a thank you.

 

JinAe walked towards you while clenching the tray in her hand tightly. Her face was slightly red while a smile started to stretch along . “Ooh~” you teased as you hugged her arm. “He likes you.”

 

JinAe slapped your arm softly. “Oh please, he just said thank you,” she said. You rolled your eyes at her. “You’re crushing on him.”

 

“Like I’m the only one, I can see the way you look at the other one,” she retorted, pointing slightly to the boy with light brown hair. This time it was your turn to slap her arm.

 

“Shut up.”

 

JinAe laughed lightly before heading over to the display window and fixed some of the food that was lumped together. “I know when I see someone is in love,” she chirped, dodging your hand that was about to slap her. You blushed in embarrassment.

 

“I hate you,” you said, crossing your arms.

 

“I love you too.”

 

***

 

Around 20 minutes have went by and the two boys had finished talking and eating their food. Both walked up to the counter and waited patiently for you to come over. “That would be 2,000 won please,” you said typing in the number on to the cash register.

 

They split the money and paid 1,000 won each. As you were taking the money from the guy’s hand, you could feel his fingers brush underneath your hand. You blushed as you met eyes with him. “Thank you for coming, please come again,” you mumbled as you smiled at the two.

 

“We definitely coming again, aren’t we Youngjae?” the boy with dark hair responded.

 

“We sure are Daehyun,” Youngjae replied, smiling at you. “It was nice talking to you” he finished as he mouthed your name. You blushed and bite your lower lip.

 

“Thank you for the cheesecake and the hot chocolate,” the other called—Daehyun smiled at JinAe while she nervously laughed in return.

 

“You’re welcome,” she replied.

 

“See you around,” Youngjae mentioned as he placed something on the counter surface before exiting with Daehyun, who waved goodbye to you and JinAe, mainly JinAe.

 

JinAe waved back before looking at the white paper on the counter. “What’s that?” she questioned looking over your shoulder. You shrugged in return before opening the folded paper, you gasped and flushed pink as you looked what’s written in it.

 

“Omo! He gave you his number!” JinAe squealed, before dodging your hand that was about to clamp against .

 

“JinAe!” you whined. JinAe just laughed before grabbing the tray next to her and collecting the empty cups and plate on the table.

 

“What a lucky girl,” she teased, clucking her tongue. 

 

***

Thank you for reading! Please remember to comment for feedback. Fill free to request, if you want.