Lay 2

Exo and B.A.P Oneshot Collection (Abandoned)


“Yxing!” that was all she had to do. That’s all what you had to do to make him feel utter excitement and joy. You just had to call his name or something out to him before being wrapped around your little finger. That is the type of effect you had on him and Yixing (Lay) didn’t know what to do.

 

“Yah! Oppa are you listening?” you query as you wave a hand in his face. Yixing blinks as he comes out of thought before smiling gently.

 

“Of course Jiyoung-ah,” he replies. You stare before pouting and crossing your arms.

 

“What did I say then?”

 

Yixing mentally slaps himself for not paying attention. Just when you tell him something, all he could do is zone out and fawn over your innocent beauty. Don't get him wrong, you and him were friends since diapers.  

 

As a child to him, you felt like a little sister—someone he could look after and protect, someone he could tease and dib on when in trouble. But as you two grew older, his love for you grew. Whenever you would just touch him gently on his arm or smile at him-his heart would race and his face would grow hot. When you were sad-he couldn’t do anything but hold you close and reassure you that everything would be alright. Inside, his heart was aching—knowing that you were hurting. It was like, whatever emotion you would show-he would react the same way.

 

And this is how he knew, that he was falling in love with you. (it rhymes!)

 

“Oppa!” you exclaim angrily. “Are you not listening?”

 

Yixing sheepishly smiles at you while rubbing the back of his nape. “Sorry Jiyoung-ah.” In return, you pout-while Yixing mentally nosebleeds- and slap him on the shoulder lightly.

 

“Moe-oppa, I was just saying about how my plan on confessing to Shion-sunbae,” you bluntly say, not knowing his feelings for you.

 

‘Ah, that right. She likes someone already,’ Lay thought sadly but smiles anyhow as you continue on talking. Shion, a mixed blood –half Japanese, half Korean-who come over from overseas to study in Korea. He had something, Yixing didn’t. He was part Japanese. You, a girl with so many interests, likes things Japanese. And Shion happens to fall into that category.

 

“Ottoke! I’m so nervous oppa, what should I do?” you say, clasping your hands together in a pleading manner.

 

Yixing blinks as he thinks carefully. ‘You could confess to me instead because I will gladly accept your love for me’ he thinks, trying his hardest not to say it out loud.

 

“Just remain calm and confess, I’m sure he would like it,” Yixing says patting your head before muttering to himself, “even though you should be confessing to me instead.”

 

“Huh?” you blink as you only hear mumbling at the end. “What did you say oppa?” Yixing smiles-showing his dimples- and shakes his head.

 

“Nothing-now go,” he says, pushing you towards where Shion-your crush- was. You clench your fists in excitement and anxiety before nodding to him and yourself, and going over to Shion-who was alone, leaning against the wall-listening to music.

 

Yixing watches as you stammer and talk to Shion. He could see how Shion looked amused before looking flustered as you take him somewhere far from where people couldn't hear them. Yixing lets out a long sigh as he looks at where you have been. He couldn’t do anything but watch and wait. Watch as you crush over your high school love and wait, til one day there might be an opportunity for him to express his love to you.

 

For now, he just had to wait and see what happens with you and Shion.

 

***

 

Yixing checks his phone and frowns. He had called you at least ten times now since you disappeared with Shoin. “Must be having fun with him to not notice that I’m calling,” he grumbles, shoving the phone into his pocket.

 

He starts walking to his car and as he got in the driver’s seat, his phone started vibrating. Yixing quickly takes his phone out and looks at the ID.

 

My Tu zi (Jiyoung)

 

Yixing quickly answers the call. “Jiyoung-ah?” he calls out for you worriedly. On the other line, he could hear your soft sobs. Just from that he knew Shion didn’t return your feelings. He knew that even though Shion would reject you in the most kind-like manner, you would never get over the fact he didn’t like you. “Where are you?”

 

“I-in the g-garden, at t-the back,” you answered through small sobs.

 

“Wait there!” Yixing replies before hanging up and exiting his car, back into the school grounds to look for you. He ran towards the back of the school, where the garden was located. That’s where you and Yixing would hang out and listen to him playing the guitar when both of you found time.

 

It only took at least 4-5 minutes for him to arrive and see you squatting down, trying to hide your tears. But your sobs could be heard clearly even from 10 meters away. Yixing gave off a pained expression as he walked to you. “Jiyoung,” he calls out.

 

Your sobs starts to die down as you look at him with teary eyes. “O-oppa, he s-said h-he didn’t love me. He said that I wasn’t his type!” you exclaim, jumping on Yixing and clutching onto his sleeves.

 

“Calm down Jiyoung,” Yixing responds gently, encircling his arms around you. “Let it all out.” Your grip on his sleeves tighten as tears started streaming down your face again.

 

“Oppa!” you cry out, leaning your head against his shoulder. Yixing sighs as he tightens his hold around you. “He said that he didn’t want me. You know what! I don’t want anyone who doesn’t want me! Who cares anymore about that good for nothing jerk!”

 

“You know how much I liked him?! Do you know how much feelings I placed into those letters, into those cookies I baked for him. Do you know how much it hurts to know that he likes someone else!”

 

“I do,” Yixing replies quietly as you stop your outburst. You look at him in surprise. Yixing stares at you with a small smile. “I do, because that’s how I feel when I’m around you.”

 

Your eyes widen in realization and shock. “Oppa—you, what?” you stammer out, not believing the words that was coming out from his mouth.

 

“I know how much you like him because that’s how much I like you. I know how much emotions and effort you place into those letters and cookies because that’s how much effort I put when trying to express my feelings to you through my music I share with you. And I know how much it hurts for someone you love to love someone else because—that’s how I feel when you like someone else instead of me.”

 

You let go of his sleeves and clasp your hand over your mouth. “Oppa, I had no idea. I-I,” you try to say as you comprehend his confession to you. You always liked Yixing but always in an older brotherly way. Okay, to be honest—you also had feelings for him too but didn’t see it happening since you two seem to be better in a brother-sister relationship. Even if you want to, you were worried that your friendship with him would be over if he didn’t return your feelings.

 

Yixing smiles-that smile you fell for long time ago- and caress your cheek. “I always loved you,” he says, gently grabbing the back of your head and leaning forwards to your face. Your cheeks became warm as you knew what he was doing.

 

You didn’t want to stop him but it was just so sudden. And maybe a little out of character for Yixing to do. “Oppa,” you call out, clenching your fists against his chest. Yixing stares at you longing and smiles as you said the following words. “I also love you—ever since when we were little.”

 

Yixing hummed in response as he softly places his lips on top of yours. Caressing your lips with his. You return the kiss, happy to know that there was someone who loved you. When you two broke apart, Yixing pressed his forehead against yours.

 

“I love you and I will always do.” 

 

 

 

 

***

Requested by AceJay05

For readers, please remember to COMMENT or SUBSCRIBE


Tu Zi*; it means rabbit in chinese or mandarin