Chapter 2: The Vicissitudes of Life

Sticky Notes Love!
“Park Hyomin! Get here RIGHT NOW!” Her Father's voice thundered across the mansion. 
 
Hyomin’s eyes widened upon having heard her father address her by her full name. 
 
Her father, known for his good temper, rarely raised his voice at her, much less yell at her. In other words, she was his little princess he always doted on.  This time however, was different; she knew she was in big trouble. The frightened girl treaded down the stairs carefully, knowing that she could not afford to make her father wait, especially not when he’s fuming.
 
From a distance, she swore she saw smoke billowing from the top of his head and hence, she quickened her steps.
 
“Yes father?” she smiled sweetly, just like the way she does usually when she made her parents mad, her smiles never fails to cool her father down. But things aren’t working the way it was supposed to. Her father was still looking. That, frightened Hyomin.
 
“Min, you do love and rely heavily on your credit card, don’t you?” Her father glared at her in an accusatory manner.
 
“Not as much as I love you dad,“she smiled sheepishly and gave him a light hug, secretly hoping that it would salvage the situation. Instead, his father pushed the girl away and shoved her papers filled with bank statements and numbers. Astronomical numbers. 
 
“Min, I know you usually spent quite a sum of money, but this time, you really went overboard. Maybe I didn’t play my role as a father well like I thought I did.” He buried his head in his large hands.
 
Hyomin bit her lips. It’s just money. Money that her wealthy family could easily afford. Why does her father have to make such a big fuss over it? She felt indignant laced with a mixture of guilt.
 
“But ... it was Boram’s birthday… you know how close we are right, Daddy?”  Hyomin pouted.
 
“So, you are telling me you’re going to spent the same amount or more for the other four girls you’re as close with? “ he said with a tone Hyomin wasn’t familiar with.
 
“I could probably spend lesser for Eunjung’s… Besides, it's not as if we couldn't pay that bit of money,” Hyomin voiced out her opinions petulantly, she simply did not understand why her father was so particular about the matter.
 
“Very well,” he tried to hold his calm as he clenched his jaw. Good character is something that even my vast amount of wealth couldn’t afford for my daughter, “I guess you will have to learn to be independent through the hard way.”
 
Hyomin froze as she heard the words from her father. She didn’t know what he meant, but she was in trepidation.
 
 
** 
 
 
Myungsoo had been dancing non-stop to the rhythm of the music. His plain T-shirt clung onto his sweaty back and beads of sweat cascaded down from his forehead. 
 
"Myungsoo ah, take a break. You've been dancing non-stop for the past three hours." Dongwoo tossed a bottle of water to the hardworking boy. 
 
"Today is the first day of school for Woohyun, he is currently the hot topic among the girls," Sungjong told the older boys. They were repulsed when Sungyeol mimicked the girls' attempts of gaining Woohyun's attention.
 
"Sungyeol, don't be such a disgusting freak," Hoya dissed Sungyeol.
 
Speaking of being disgusting, Myungsoo involuntarily recalled the scene at his family's photo studio earlier, his father had been making out with a female apparentice, probably even younger than Myungsoo. 
 
Myungsoo knew all along that his father's hands had been on other womens' body, but he had not expect his father to be bold enough to commit adultery in his work-place. The place where his father first taught him how to use a camera, where memories of childhood were made but now was tainted with his father's lust. He clenched his jaw at the thought of his mother, the woman who had silently bore the pain of her husband's infidelity. 
 
"Don't get too close to girls. I'm sure you won't want reports of you being a jerk dumping his girlfriends or anything related to it when we debut,"  Sunggyu warned the popular boy who nodded his head in response.
 
Jerk? My father is the biggest one. Myungsoo took big gulps of water and went back to perfecting his moves. He craved for tough tranings to drain of all of his energy till there is none left for him to think about his cruel predicament.   
 
 
Writer's Note:
So, here is Myungsoo's background and the reason for his cold personality
Please do anticipate other chapters :D and do comment :)
 
@Water_rid: Thanks for commenting again. ^^ Yeap.. I wanted to paint a different image for Hyomin :D