Chapter 1: My Dreams, My Girl

Sticky Notes Love!

6 months earlier,

The plane finally landed after a 14 hour flight.

 

 

He had finally returned to his beloved country, Korea. It has been years since he left Korea and he had been wondering what were the changes made in the country. Feels good to be back. Though he liked New York, it could not compete his love for Korea. It is a place where many precious memories were made so, he could not help but missed those good old times when he was living in America.

Once he stepped out of Incheon International Airport, he took off his shades to have a better view of his surroundings, the changes made in the country. With his hands gripped firmly on the handles of his luggage, he had only one thing in mind, the reason why he was back: To make the name Nam Woohyun known to others, to pursue his dream as an idol.

 

**

 

"Hyomin, I’ve seen the list of seating arrangement. You're seated next to a guy named Nam Woohyun, a transferee," Eunjung stated as she continued munching on her tuna sandwich.

 

"Oh… I see" She replied with a shrug. Hyomin have never seen the guy by the name of Woohyun. She wasn't really particular about her seating arrangement. Well, to her, it was no big deal.

“Hey! Listen,” Eunjung waved her hand in front of Hyomin to grab her attention, “I heard that he studied in America” that statement roused Hyomin’s interest slightly.

“He’s Caucasian?” Hyomin raised her eyebrow.

“Nam.Woo.Hyun,” Eunjung emphasized on each syllable, “which part of his name sound Caucasian to you?”

“I don’t know. He might have gotten himself a Korean name,” Hyomin tried in vain to save herself from embarrassment.

Eunjung rolled her eyes and continued, “I heard he is really smart and a great hunk too. Hyomin, you’re considered lucky to sit beside him.”

“Yeah. Whatever you say,” Hyomin replied sarcastically.

But little does she know that things are going to change. Drastically.

 

**

 

The walkway leading to their classroom was clogged. Hyomin and Eunjung had to push their way through the burgeoning crowd to enter the classroom. She soon knew what the cause of the commotion was. The transferee.

She perused through the crowd and found where their attention converged to. The boy was at his seat, his over-sized spectacles rested awkwardly on his high nose bridge, his hair was dyed into mixed shade of brown which matched his healthy ochre skin. Squeals from girls ensued from the crowd. They dropped in comments on how cute or pleasant looking he was, trying every now and then to catch a closer glimpse of the newcomer.

“He’s definitely Asian,” she whispered to Eunjung as she made her way to her seat.

Hyomin made an audible cough to show her displeasure and ogled fiercely at those impressionable girls. The crowd soon dissolved as they dare not offend the feisty girl.

Woohyun didn’t seem to mind all the attention he was receiving and much less so when his seatmate scared them away.

She really lives up to her reputation. He gave a light chuckle.

"You must be Hyomin! Nice to meet you, I'm Woohyun!" He greeted the girl genially and held his hand out. Hyomin, half-expected that her seatmate would do that. She did not take his hands into hers and stared at him blankly for a moment before returning a forced smile.

Woohyun retracted his hand, scratching the back of his head. Well… expected from her.

 

**                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Hyomin was staring at the focused Woohyun. Not because she harbored any romantic feelings for him, instead, she was wondering how one could concentrate so well in every lesson. They were too boring and even though they failed to put her to sleep, Hyomin couldn’t grasp anything that the teacher was prattling about. Well, Hyomin could afford to do so with her intelligence. But she doubt that Woohyun would fail if he skipped or merely slept during lessons during lessons since Eunjung said he was real smart. But he wasn’t a hunk like what she said. He is so… scrawny. Eunjung was just exaggerating.

"Is there anything on my face?" Woohyun asked after trying to stay oblivious for the past ten minutes of staring.

"Ah ... nothing. Was awed at your lesson attitude," Hyomin replied without any hesitation.

Hyomin was surprised and couldn’t believe she had just complimented someone she barely known.

Upon hearing this, Woohyun’s face was flushed red by her straightforward compliment and rubbed his neck due to shyness. Hyomin, realizing the awkwardness of the situation, cursed under her breath and continued "I'm just fascinated. I'm not attracted to you or anything"

 

“Hyomin, in which year did the Battle of Austerlitz occur in?” The History teacher directed the question to the talking pair, in an attempt to embarrass both.

Is he serious? That is an insult to my intelligence

 

“According to modern calendar or the French Republican Calendar sir?” Hyomin retorted, her expression was stolid.

Everyone in class turn their head towards the two now.

That was a very bold move, but cool. Woohyun stared innocently back at the others, trying his very best to suppress his laughter.

 

“Both,” The teacher maintained his composure.

 

Very well then. “December second, in the year of 1805 according to modern calendar and November twentieth according to the French Republican Calendar,” Hyomin replied coolly. Though the girl had never touched her textbook, she had read enough History texts to supplement her knowledge with every fact and figure she needed at her fingertips. Everyone was awed by her answers, to her, it meant victory as she smirked at the teacher.

 

“Well done Hyomin, looks like you’ve prepared well for the upcoming test,” The teacher complimented her though she could sense he didn’t really mean it.

 

 

Writer's note:Thank you for subscribing to and viewing my fanfiction, I'm sorry for not having introduced myself earlier as I was in a rush

This is my first fanfiction so please pardon my mistakes. Please do comment on my work and constructive criticisms are also welcomed. My sister edits my work so you may see some similarities across our works (if you've seen them).

I am a great fan of Infinite as well as T-ara and I love them being together, hope you will share the same thoughts as me as well 

Once again, I thank you readers.

@Water_rid: I'm glad you like my favourite pairing and hope you will enjoy my story. Thanks for being the first person to comment^^