Chapter 14: Reminisce

Sticky Notes Love!

Jiyeon kicked mercilessly at the target. Taekwondo was her favourite past time and also a way for her to release her anger.

Stupid Kim Myungsoo. How could he just let the matter off without showing any guilt? He did not even message or call me.

The girl who holds a third degree black belt did a back with so much force and slipped.

"Argh!" She groaned as she hit the floor with frustration, spraining her ankle.

Just then, her phone in her gym bag rang. The girl, picked herself up slowly and hobbled towards her bag. After reading the caller id, she rejected the call and tossed her phone back into her bag.

However, the phone started ringing again right after it stopped. I will give you one more chance.

"Hello?" The same boyish voice that attracted her started speaking.

"Yes?" Jiyeon tried to sound as cold as possible even though she knew she was on the verge of revealing her true emotions. You’ve finally called, I’ve missed you.

"Look, I don't know what I did that made you so angry, but I apologise for whatever it was," Jiyeon still could not sense the sincerity in his voice.

“If you are not sincere about apologising, then don’t,” Jiyeon was about to hung up her call.

As if Myungsoo could mind read her actions, he immediately called out to stop her and asked her out for a meal.

"Will you forgive me?” Myungsoo asked half-expectantly.

“Well it depends,” Jiyeon was trying to play hard to get, then she clicked on the hang up button.

Yay! A lunch with him! Lunch with Myungsoo!

Jiyeon could not contain her excitement and jumped on the same spot, forgetting that she had an ankle injury.

“Ouch,” she squatted down immediately, massaging her injured foot. Her actions earlier had just aggravated her injury.

 

**

 

The boys were practicing the choreography of DBSK’s Mirotic when they heard the familiar ringtone.

Dongwoo took the phone and waved it at Woohyun, and made a face at him before running away.

“Yah! Jang Dongwoo! Return my phone!” Woohyun gave chase and caught Dongwoo’s hood. He was going to retrieve it but the playful boy had already tossed his phone to Hoya.

“Oh… Woohyun not bad,” Hoya smirked. He figured out the passcode – it was as expected, his own birthday – and scrolled down the notifications list in which Hyomin’s name dominated it.

“Lee Hoya! Do you know what privacy is?” He snatched his phone away after letting Dongwoo off.

“Seriously Woohyun, what’s with the heart emoticon placed beside her name under your contact list?” Hoya laughed at the embarrassed boy.

 We shall start our project tomorrow at your house. Is that fine with you?

Though he knew that Hyomin was only willing to contact him because of the project, Woohyun could not help but grin. This is the first time Hyomin had contacted to him after the incident. The boy typed and was not aware that the others were peeping at the content.

Oka..|

He was about to send the message when Myungsoo stopped him, “Are you out of your mind? If she knows that you are the one who hired her, she will probably rip your head off.”

Damn. Why didn't I think of that?

Erm... I'm free tomorrow. Can we do it at your place instead? It's inconvenient at my place. Besides, I know where you live.

He replied and soon, received another message.

Why is it inconvenient? It's definitely a no at my place, I don't have internet connection here.

He bit his lips. The boy could not think of any excuses.

This is tough.

My place is also rented as well and my landlord does not allow me to bring any visitors, especially not of the opposite gender. So do you mind working at the public library near our school?

"That's a rather convincing reason," Sungjong giggled at the boy's weak attempt at lying.

Fine. Bring a thumb drive and be there by 11 sharp.

Woohyun heaved a sigh of relief.

 

**

 

Hyomin tapped her feet impatiently outside of the public library, as she waited for Woohyun’s arrival. Aish… I came too early but a man should never let women wait.

“I’m sorry for letting you wait,” Woohyun apologised. He actually came earlier but realised at the last minute that Hyomin had seen the set of apparels that he was wearing just yesterday while working at his house.  He was worried that the girl would get suspicious. Therefore, he did a last-minute shopping.

Hyomin took a mere glance at the boy and walked ahead of him.

“Hell! Do you not know how to search for key terms?!” Hyomin raised her voice causing the others in the library to glare at the couple.

Woohyun had typed in a whole string of words into the search engine which had yielded no search results because they were too specific.

Woohyun apologised to the rest of the library goers and the librarians who glared at them.

“Move, let me,” Hyomin pushed Woohyun uncourteously aside.

"Stem cells. Ethical Issues” Hyomin punched in those words expertly and was greeted by a long list of site links to choose from. She clicked on one which she deemed as the most credible and indeed, it was all they had needed for that particular section.

Woohyun clapped silently for the girl but Hyomin was not appreciative of it.

She manoeuvred over the points with the mouse skilfully and copied everything she had needed into their word document.

After which, she continued entering more search key terms.

“Hey, don’t you think we should edit it?” Woohyun tapped on the girl’s shoulder.

“Yeah… That’s exactly what you need to do,” She nodded, her eyes were still fixated on the computer screen and she scrolled furiously.

“Oh… So this is how you do it, I know what to do now. Hyomin, let me try,” Woohyun nudged Hyomin to get in front of the computer screen.

“Yah, you’re too slow, I’m still searching,” She nudged back.

The two then began fighting over each other to use the computer. Giggles, grunts and occasional yelps could be heard from them as they elbowed each other. Hyomin’s anger seemed to have dissipated temporarily.

“Hey, this is a pair work,” He tickled the girl.

“Excuse me, who is better at making use of technology?” She squirmed slightly and punched his biceps in return.

“Mister and Miss, you are causing disturbance to the others, please lower down your volume and tone down on your actions,” The bespectacled librarian warned them.

“Look what you’ve done,” Hyomin casted a dirty look at him.

“You’re the one who started it!” Woohyun defended himself.

They continued arguing.

 

**

 

Hyomin suddenly felt herself reeling back in time to a familiar scene.

“I want to sit there!” The 6-year-old boy pouted at the 8-year-old girl.

“No! It’s difficult to take the chicken wings from the other side. Move,” She pushed the boy away.

“Unfair! I want them too,” He gripped the table’s edge, unwilling to budge.

“Hey! This is my house, I get to decide where I want to sit!” She nudged at the boy forcefully.

The two were soon tickling and punching each other playfully.

“Hyomin, behave, they are our guests,” Hyomin’s father spoke sternly.

“Our Namu ah, what did Mummy tell you? What happened to being a gentleman?” The boy’s mother shot looks of disapproval at him.

The boy, who was addressed as Namu pouted, and was making his way to the other side.

Hyomin then pulled the little boy by his sleeves and made him sit beside her.

“Sit beside me, I’ll get the wings for you,” The elder girl commanded.

Namu gave a childish grin and bobbed his head up and down happily.

 

**

 

“Great, now we have to do it here, thanks to you,” She glared at Woohyun.

“Hello? If you’d allow me to use the computer,” Woohyun ignored her dissatisfaction.

“Just do what I’ve assigned you to do,” she slapped his biceps.

The two had been chased out by the librarian for making a din and had to resort to using free Wi-fi at a fast food restaurant.

“Great, just awesome, the signal here is marvellous,” the webpage had failed to load.

Woohyun raised his pitched and imitated the way the girl voiced her complaints, that action had frustrated the girl even further.

Hyomin looked away and blew a gust of air up which had messed her fringe; a habit she has had since young.

Woohyun smiled at that familiar action and helped her fix her fringe, the girl recoiled slightly.

 

**

Hyomin’s memories returned to her again

“The wings are here, but the turkey is over there,” Hyomin said sadly as she propped her head on her hands as she eyed the delicious turkey at the far end.

The little Namu imitated her actions; propping his head on his hands and looked expectantly at the turkey as well.

“Stop copying me Namu!” The irritated girl chided.

She blew a gust of air up, messing her cute bangs. The little Namu smiled and patted down her fringe.

**

 

He can’t be Namu can he? Right, he is two years older than Namu, it can’t be him.

Hyomin tried to convince herself as she continued to stare at the Woohyun who was by now focused on their work.

He turned when he noticed the girl was staring at him intently, “What? Did you just get mesmerised by me?”

“No?” Hyomin gulped.

“Really?” Woohyun leant in closer to her, his face was only inches away from hers.

Hyomin’s pulse raced but managed to force out a “No.”

Woohyun smirked, “okay then, I’ll believe you. Let’s get back to work.”

 

Writer's note:

@jerbie18: Haha, Please don't hate Myungsoo, he just don't know how to react to Jiyeon:) hehe do anticipate the progress of Woohyun and Hyomin's project :D

@doriesin: Don't worry, Jiyeon will do anything to win Myungsoo's heart ^^

@water_rid: Hehe, what do you think?:P

@Neko-Meow: Yup:D They were kinda cute, weren't they? XD But they will never win Woomin and Myungyeon! :D

@Neeya626:Don't you think he deserved it? :P Haha thank you for being so supportive ^^

@Park_harin: Thank you so much! I hope this chapter met your expectations ^^