Chapter 7: Deep Impression

Sticky Notes Love!

Jiyeon stood in front of the front office, she took a deep breath and steadied herself before she opened the door. A bespectacled woman at the counter glanced up and smiled at her

“May I help you?”  The woman greeted the girl delightfully.

“I’m Park Jiyeon,” She said meekly.

“Hold on for a moment,” The woman fumbled through the stack of documents, until she found the needed one, double-confirmed her identity. Then she buried her nose under another stack of documents, “this is the map of the school. Also, please take note of your timetable.”

“Thank you,” She walked out, grateful that the lady had provided her with a map. I thought I would have to figure out myself.

She looked at the map, trying to make out the routes. What she saw was a network of complicated routes. This school is huge. Looks like I can’t lose this. She clutched the map tightly in her hands, tracing her fingers along the walkways on the map, mumbling to herself every now and then. Mm… I still have some time left. Jiyeon wanted to make use of the remaining time before assembly starts, she had decided to familiarise with the school's environment. She began exploring.

 

A melancholy voice accompanied with the strumming of guitar stopped Jiyeon in her tracks. The voice expressed such sorrow and pain through the heart-breaking melody. She wondered who could have captured such feelings of anguish so well.

Out of curiosity, she followed the source of the music and was led to a stairwell, down she went.

A bit further.

There, a charming man with angular features, russet side swept hair with fair complexion was totally immersed into his melody. Wow… he is… flawless. The girl was astonished with the guitarist's good looks.

 

The stairwell had become Myungsoo’s favourite haunt. It started when he discovered the quiet and undisturbed place which allowed him to express his emotions through music. He wanted to be alone, to hide his broken heart away from others. Though he had great friends with him - s - he willed himself not to show his weak side to them. No, I don't need sympathy.

Thus, his only companion was his guitar. Ironically, even the guitar was a piece of shattered memory of his once happy family; a birthday gift from his father.

Myungsoo stopped playing the guitar and looked up when he noticed the presence of the intruder. He looked into Jiyeon’s eyes with such intensity that the girl shuddered.

Jiyeon broke off their eye contact and stuttered, "S-sorry to i-interrupt you, er... do you know where the hall is?" Well, I guess she is the girl Sungjong was talking about. He inspected her from top to bottom; his face void of expression.

"It's at the second floor. Use this staircase, turn left and walk straight," Myungsoo’s instructions were clear, his eyes reflected emptiness.

"Thank you," Jiyeon felt her cheeks burning.

The boy nodded his head once in acknowledgement.

 

**

 

 The girls were at the cafeteria for lunch, Hyomin introduced her cousin to the rest of them.

Jiyeon was glad that they were friendly, she was not one who would start conversations, but once they did, she would become the noisiest of the gang.

Then, she spotted the guitarist, sitting with several friends in the corner. The boy still had his guitar beside him and he was with his headphones on; apparently showing no interest to keep up with his friends. He did not look at her, Jiyeon continued staring at him, thinking it was okay for her to do so without being caught.

“Who is he?” Jiyeon asked, glancing at the table of boys.

“There are five of them, who are you referring to?” Hyomin raised her brows.

“The one with his headphones on,” Jiyeon pointed out.

“Kim Myungsoo from 1-2,” Qri told the curious girl, “He is known as the Prince of Ice.”

Prince of Ice? That’s so cliché. How could he be referred to an Ice when he expressed such strong feelings while singing? Jiyeon was confused, but one thing for sure, she was intrigued by the boy named Kim Myungsoo.

Just then, Woohyun caught sight of the girls looking in their direction and winked back at them, specifically to Hyomin, the latter scoffed.

"Hyominnie, who's that?" Jiyeon was amused at the boy's antics.

"That? Don't bother," Hyomin ignored her question.

"That," Eunjung pointed, "is Hyomin's seatmate and possibly Hyomin's pursuer."

Jiyeon's lips curled upwards, "really? Hyomin, he looks good too."

Jiyeon waved back to Woohyun enthusiastically, returning him a smile in place of her cousin.

Hyomin slapped her arms repeatedly, "What are you doing?! Stop it." Jiyeon gave a pout in response.

 

Meanwhile at the other table, the boys seemed to have noticed the presence of the newcomer.

"Wah... she is already in Qri's clique?" Hoya was awed.

"What's wrong?" Woohyun was confused by his comment.

"Don't you know? That clique over there, they almost never opened up to anyone else," Hoya added.

Sungjong nodded and continued, "Yeap... I heard that they have been together for the past decade or so. The only one that joined them later was Ahreum." He pointed to the girl with braided blonde hair and milky skin.

"And... that Hyomin is probably the reason why they don't get any people in their clique; she's too hard to please. Besides it's rumoured that she is really rich." Sungyeol shared his information.

"What did I miss?" Myungsoo took off his headphones as he was slightly piqued by the boys' sudden enthusiasm in the conversation.

Sungyeol sighed, "Myungmyung ah, just go back to your own world of music," the others stared at him, "okay okay, I will do a quick summary, that girl, the one with silky long hair just joined Qri's clique."

Myungsoo tilted his head slightly to catch a glimpse of the said person. Oh, it’s her. The lost wanderer.

 

Writer's note: 

@Water_rid: Yup, Hyomin would never have thought its Woohyun :D

@Lurver: Hehe, I'll try too~ Thank you! XD

@Neko-Meow: It will be revealed in the next chapter :D

@Staryl: Oh... Thank you for your advice. Yeah, that has been my biggest problem. My sister has always been saying it ^^