Chapter 17: The Unwelcomed: Third Party

Sticky Notes Love!

“Hyomin ah, why did you cancel our meeting?” Woohyun asked the girl through the phone.

“Ah… erm… I caught a cold,” Hyomin faked a cough into the receiver, trying to make her acting as convincing as possible.

She was not sick but instead, the ink from the permanent marker on her face had not faded, no amount of cleanser could wipe off the traces of ink from her face cleanly. She was left with no choice but to postpone their project session, she did not even dare to step out of her house.

“Oh… okay. Have you gone to the clinic?” Woohyun questioned the girl worriedly.

“Of course I did. Woohyun, you don’t have to worry that much. It wasn’t as bad as the previous time,” She felt slightly guilty as she bit her bottom lip for making the boy worried about her.

 

**

 

“Woohyun ah, want to have dinner together?” Sungyeol slung his arms over Woohyun.

“No thanks, I have to visit someone later,” Woohyun rejected.

“Hey, my chauffeur is coming to fetch me. Do you want a ride?” Myungsoo offered. He too, did not join the boys. Ever since his parents made up, he always had dinner at home.

“Oh thanks buddy,” Woohyun hugged Myungsoo. He did not want to be squished in the public transport during the busy hours.

 

 

**

 

What. The. Hell.

“Ahh!!!!” Hyomin screamed, running to the bedroom and slammed the door shut.

Woohyun and Myungsoo planned to give her a surprise visit but caught sight of a suspicious looking person. That person wore an operation mask, a cap and a sunglasses outside of Hyomin’s apartment, holding on to a woman’s inner-wear, which they assumed was Hyomin’s. Woohyun made eye contact with Myungsoo and they both tackled the mysterious person, Woohyun held his wrists, leaving the person no chance to escape.

“You ert,” Woohyun snatched Hyomin’s inner-wear from him.

Myungsoo peeled off the disguise from that person and ended in tears from laughing too hard as he recognized the disfigured face; it was Hyomin after all.

While Woohyun on the other hand, was stunned at first. He knew it was Soorin’s doings and felt guilty for her. Still, he could not reign in his laughter while Myungsoo was already out of breathe from laughing.

After minutes of laughter, Woohyun knocked onto her bedroom door, “Hyomin ah, I’m sorry. I thought you were in danger.”

“Go away!” Myungsoo chuckled as he heard the girl sobbed comically, “My image is gone! Gone! This is worse compared to me drooling.”

“Come on, it’s okay. I’ve seen worse,” Myungsoo coaxed the girl.

“What? How is that possible? Me holding my inner-wear with that face? You guys should have told me you’re coming! I was keeping my laundry!” She sobbed even louder.

“Since I’ve seen that face, would you come out now? I don’t want to make an effort to visit you just to communicate with you through the door,” Woohyun said.

Myungsoo added, “I promise not to laugh.” Hyomin could still hear him giggling.

She opened the door and held her head down, “Just return me that.” She pointed to the inner-wear Woohyun was holding.

Both were holding back their laughter until they looked at where she was pointing. Woohyun’s face flushed red with embarrassment and tossed it to Hyomin.

Again, Myungsoo burst out laughing at the awkward situation when both Woohyun and Hyomin stared at each other awkwardly.

“N-Noona ah,” Myungsoo broke out in sniggers, it had been a long time since he had laughed that hard, “w-whatever happened to you?”

Hyomin pulled up her scarf to hide a bigger portion of her face, “A brat did this to me while I was giving her tuition.”

Myungsoo burst out laughing again, but stopped almost immediately when he realized the girl was almost in tears, he hit his chest multiple times, “S-Sorry noona, you’re still pretty.”

Woohyun on the other hand had been biting his fingernails, anxious that Myungsoo would accidentally let the cat out of the bag.

“That girl must be real bad, your employer is real bad too,” Myungsoo eyed Woohyun.

Woohyun punched his thighs under the table.

“Yes, he is really bad,” Hyomin paused for a while before continuing, “Wait… how did you know it was my employer’s kid?”

Myungsoo choked, he had forgotten that Hyomin had not reveal to them that she had gotten drawings on her face while working for her employer.

Oh damn! Woohyun was already pinching his thighs and waving a fist under the table at him.

“Well, Jiyeon told me you had domestic work on Monday and Wednesday. Since those drawings hadn’t faded I guess you had probably gotten them yesterday.” Myungsoo reasoned.

Woohyun let out a sigh of relief. Myungsoo is really a good liar.

“I hate that girl, and I hate my employer. I’m going to quit!” Hyomin wailed.

“NO!” Woohyun protested.

“Okay!” Myungsoo smiled at her, “Noona, I need help in my studio, would you like to be an assistant there?”

“No! No! No!” Woohyun slapped his hand over Myungsoo’s mouth to shut him up.

Hyomin became confused at his behavior, “Why? You’d rather see me get tortured at that house?”

Myungsoo let out a muffled voice, “Exactly! Noona, work for me!”

“You shut up, shut up!" Woohyun pinched Myungsoo’s face as the latter smiled cheekily at him.

The fight eventually ended with Hyomin successfully getting employment at Myungsoo’s photography studio as Woohyun could not find any excuses to prevent Hyomin from doing so.

However, Hyomin was still undecided on whether to leave her current job as a domestic helper, after all she had already put up with all those ridiculous tasks for almost three months, she thought it could not get any worse.

Woohyun had wanted to stay put at Hyomin’s place longer but she was adamant on them leaving together. Myungsoo gladly dragged Woohyun out of Hyomin’s place despite the constant struggles from the boy.

Hyomin sent the two boys out, still with her scarf covering up to her cheekbones.

Once in the car, Myungsoo winded down his car windows and signaled Hyomin to come closer to him.

The girl bent down and Myungsoo playfully planted a kiss on her forehead in an attempt to agitate Woohyun.

“Noona you’re still beautiful,” Myungsoo winked.

“Thank you MyungMyung,” Hyomin played along, she was well aware that Myungsoo did this in a bid to make Woohyun jealous.

“What?! What the hell I didn’t even get to do that!” Woohyun shouted at Myungsoo who had already ordered the chauffeur to drive.

The two boys ended up fighting in the backseat as Hyomin waved them goodbye.

 

**

 

The juniors had went back to school for remedial lessons during the holidays. Jiyeon, Myungsoo, Sungjong and Ahreum were seated at the table, talking happily when they were interrupted by the sudden appearance of another girl.

“Erm… Would you mind if I sit here? I can’t find any available seat elsewhere,” Chorong, the well-known girl in their school asked meekly, holding a plate of food.

“Aren’t you with the others?” Ahreum asked suspiciously. Chorong was never one who would be isolated. In fact, she was the most popular girl in their batch.

“No, the others don’t really welcome my presence sincerely,” Chorong explained, softer than before.

“Then what makes you think we will?” Myungsoo was slightly irritated by the girl’s piteous act.

Jiyeon gave Myungsoo a hard jab in his ribs. 

“Of course you can!” Jiyeon smiled brightly to her, signaling to the empty seat beside her.

Myungsoo took a glance at Chorong and put his headphones on, clearly showing his displeasure of the girl’s presence. The others however, soon warmed up to Chorong, and tried including her in their conversations by introducing themselves and sharing with her their experiences in school.

Myungsoo maintained his hostility towards the girl even though Jiyeon signaled to him multiple times to soften up his attitude. Though Chorong was well-liked by her peers and was one of the youngest student counsellor to be given recognition, Myungsoo had never really liked her. He did not know why, but the girl seemed to be a hypocrite to him.

“Don’t mind him. This person, Myungsoo, is a jerk,” Jiyeon pushed Myungsoo playfully, realizing the uneasiness in Chorong’s eyes when she looked at Myungsoo.

“Yah, what did you say?” Myungsoo took of his headphones and glared at Jiyeon.

“Nothing, I thought you couldn’t hear?” Jiyeon stuck her tongue out at Myungsoo.

“It’s good to see you guys being so close and comfortable with one another,” Chorong giggled.

“Well, you should have seen Woohyun and Hyomin. They are forever arguing,” Sungjong wagged his finger.

Chorong’s expression stiffened albeit slightly and then switched back to her cheerful disposition but Myungsoo had caught sight of the slight change in her expression. Queen of acting. He thought to himself.

“Really? I would like to meet the seniors too,” Chorong’s eyes gleamed as she replied the others, showing her enthusiasm.

“They are probably having a love hate relationship,” Myungsoo added, eyes still fixed on Chorong, expecting to see another change in her expression.

He smirked. As expected, the girl’s face contorted for a brief moment before she managed a smile on her face.

 

Writer's note:

@Lurver: Hey, thanks ^^ I will update frequently :D

@doriesin: Haha, you're so forgiving:D 

@tasya72: I will continue updating ^^ Don't worry:)

@Realmz: Sorry if I took so long to change the picture ><

@Oyapple: Well, Woohyun never thought that Soorin would do that :3 Soorin is too playful >< Haha thank you for liking the Myungyeon moments :D

@niiyeon: Thank you so much! Please do voice out your opinions on this fic ^^