Chapter 4: Their Fathers; The Despicable and The Responsible

Sticky Notes Love!

"Aish... Woohyun did it wrong again, he was completely lost while doing the choreography!" Sungjong complained as he laid down on the floor panting; exhausted from the long hours of dance practices.

"You're supposed to use only your hip strength to pick yourself up! You're such a failure!" Sungjong continued his torrent of criticisms.

 

"Yah! Lee Sungjong! You want to die? How dare you talk to me in such a manner?" Woohyun threatened the younger boy. Obviously taking advantage of being the older one.

 

"Woohyun, you can't deny you did it wrongly though," Sunggyu defended Sungjong who ran to his side instantly to seek for protection. Once he was in the safety zone, he made a face at Woohyun.

 

"Hey, it's difficult okay? Besides, you guys learn it way before I did. I'm not as talented at dancing as Hoya," Woohyun reasoned and eyed Sungjong, the boy had stuck out his tongue at him playfully.

 

“Woohyun, you have made great improvements. Sungjong, give Woohyun some time to perfect his moves, he is a fast learner,”

 

Hoya, Sungyeol and Dongwoo monitored their dance practice through their camcorder. It was a habit for them to record their entire practice session to pinpoint their mistakes and work on them. Instead of focusing on themselves, their attention was focused on the poor Woohyun. They could not suppress their laughter as they witness the numerous mistakes Woohyun has made. The lost boy had been struggling to keep up with the choreography the entire time.

 

“Woohyun, good try there,” Dongwoo patted Woohyun’s shoulder, who pouted back in return.

 The practice room was still filled with the boys’ laughter, except for one, Myungsoo’s.

 

Instead of teasing Woohyun like the others, Myungsoo continued practicing. He was even colder and quieter that day. Earlier on, his father had tried in vain to explain what he had witnessed at the photo studio, claiming that the girl had tripped and accidentally fell on him. With ed clothes? Right… It totally made sense. He thought that he would be used to the pain; the fact that his father was no longer the sincere and caring man he knew, but he was wrong. The pain had been torturing him, cutting into his heart bit by bit.

 

 

**

 

 

 “I’m back! Open that damn gate!” Hyomin had been yelling for the past fifteen minutes or so through the intercom system riveted at the gate. The girl had been entering different combination of numbers furiously to no avail. The gate would not open; not for her, she was denied entry and did not see anyone hurrying out to receive her as usual.  What on earth are they doing?

Hyomin did not want believe what she had just saw as she stumbled upon on the familiar pink luggage filled to its capacity. You can't be serious... Is father out of his mind? Is he really throwing me out of the house? How do I live on my own? Anger and disbelief struck her with the thoughts of possible hardships she would be facing in the near future. She winced at the idea and shook her head rapidly. She punched in the housekeeper's number on her cell phone irritably, prepared to castigate the middle-aged woman for laying her hands on her precious belongings; it was only an excuse to vent her anger on someone.

Before the spoilt brat could spill out any words, the woman abruptly hung up her phone. What's wrong with her? Is she tired of her job?  Hyomin even wondered if her housekeeper had actually rescinded her allegiance to her. The woman's attitude had brought her anger a level up as she kicked the gate violently to let out her frustrations.

Just then, a domestic helper strode out. Hyomin smirked. I knew you were just frightening me, father. You wouldn't bear to make your daughter suffer. But instead of welcoming her, she snatched her expensive smartphone and tossed her a cheap disposable phone through the grill, Hyomin caught it reflexively.

"Yah... What is this?" Hyomin frowned at the sight of the hideous device. The domestic helper remained nonchalant, spun at her heels and made her way back to the mansion briskly. So now I'm disregarded?

 

**

 

It came to her as no surprise that her credit cards were frozen, all five of it. Great.

She opened her purse and eyed its contents. Only two miserable 10 000 won notes stared back at her. She cursed herself for not having more money in her wallet. She fished out the outdated electronic gadget from her pocket and started looking up in the contacts folder. At least he included some contacts in this phone. Hyomin rolled her eyes. She scrolled down the list of contacts and finally found the one she needed.

 

**

 

 

She had requested to stay at Eunjung's house, knowing that the girl's parents were seldom at home. Of course, Eunjung agreed to it immediately.

"Hyomin, I will get some cakes. Meanwhile, you can unpack your stuff. You do know where your room is, right?" Eunjung shouted, unaware that Hyomin was already in the guest room. It wasn't the first time Hyomin had visited Eunjung's house. Besides, Hyomin had overnight stays with Eunjung countless times.  

She ped her luggage and hung up her clothes in the empty wardrobe. While doing so, she thought of her walk-in closet filled with designer bags, tailored clothes and branded shoes, she sighed. Her clothes that were packed for her were simpler and more casual. I should be glad they had included at least two sets of my uniform. When she held up her last piece of clothing, a passbook (bank book) dropped out along with a letter; she ignored the letter.

She picked the passbook (bank book) up hastily and grinned at the sight of it. She opened it, expecting it to reflect beautiful numbers. To her disappointment, the book was brand new. She frowned.

She then turn to the unappetizing envelope laid beside her and opened it impatiently, reading the content of the note:

Dear Child,

I shall be as straightforward as I possibly can. My purpose of having done this is for you to live humbly and to correct your thoughts of having things come by easily. The cheque was meant for your rental fees, believe me, It is only sufficient for the first payment. Also, I've cleared your debts but I'm expecting you to return the same amount of money back to me through this passbook. See you in a few months’ time.

Love,

Daddy

What cheque?! She dug further into the envelope and pulled out the piece of paper folded neatly into half. What in the world… This is all?

She ruffled her hair in irritation. I knew it wasn’t that easy!

Hyomin, had no intention of leaving Eunjung’s cosy house. She was planning to borrow money from the others and stay at her place for a few months instead. 

“Hyomin, you can’t stay here! Your father had just called,” Eunjung said apologetically “he said that you can only stay here for three days. If he finds out that you’ve overstayed, he would contact my parents, and spill the beans about our trip. I knew we should never have ditched school for it”

Eunjung regretted her actions. Now it was being held as a liability against her.

Hyomin jaw dropped. Oh my. This has gone real bad.

“Eunjung ah, what am I supposed to do?” She turned her head to her best friend.

Eunjung only shrugged, she had her own skin to save as well.

 

 

 

Writer's note:

Oops! Poor Hyomin is finally on her own now ^^. Thank you for subscribing to this fanfiction once again and also thank you for commenting. As usual, constructive criticisms are welcomed. Please do comment about the flow of the story, characterization and even misuse of vocab/ grammatical errors etc :D

@Lurver: I will try to update frequently :D Thank you so much for the upvote, it was really encouraging! ^^

@Water_rid: Yup, she sure is and he will probably be the only one that made her feel that way ^^ P.S no spoilers :X