Chapter 16: The Brats

Sticky Notes Love!

“Woohyun, I have to go, you can continue without me. Everything you need is in that file,” she pointed to the icon on the computer screen.

Hyomin checked her watch once again and then started packing her bag hurriedly.

“Why? Where are you going?” Woohyun put an arm out to stop the girl from leaving.

“According to you, my method of earning money is considered a disgrace to my family,” She smacked the back of his head hard, “So I’ve found another way.”

After saying that, she pushed his arm down then turned and left.

Right. Thanks to me. So now what? Another part time job?  He hurriedly shove his laptop into his bag without shutting it down properly and tailed the girl secretly.

 

**

 

“What are you doing here?” Hyomin’s eyes widened upon being greeted by the appearance of her partner.

“Is this how you treat your customer?” He ignored her, settling himself down and flipped through the menu. Her manager shot her a threatening glare and Hyomin immediately softened her attitude.

She faked a smile and continued, “M-My apologies. What would you like, mister?”

“An avocado drink and Spaghetti would be fine,” He smiled at her sweetly and then pulled her in closer before whispering into her ears, “topped with your love.”

Hyomin stood straight up immediately and after she had confirmed that nobody else was looking, she abused her customer.

“Ouch!!!” Woohyun held his shins.

“Oh my gosh sir, I apologize for my clumsiness,” she bent down immediately and rubbed his shins, while doing so she stabbed his sides with a fork she had stolen from the tabletop. Woohyun yelped again but this time Hyomin stuffed a napkin into his mouth, without anyone noticing.

She then leant in closer to his ears and whispered menacingly, “You’d better pray that we would not see each other again for the rest of this week.”

Woohyun pulled out the napkin from his mouth and whimpered, “B-But we have a project.”

“Then you’d better pray that my mood will be good during all of our project sessions,” she gave a sadistic smile, “Please wait for a moment for your order sir,” The girl continued her acting and strode off to the kitchen.

After his order was out, Hyomin grabbed a tube of wasabi to spike his drink. She squeezed the entire tube of vile paste into his drink and while doing so, she kept smiling to herself. With love, my customer.

 

“Here’s your order, sir,” She served the boy, trying to hold back her laughter. Nam Woohyun, you’re so dead.

She watched the boy sipped the drink, anticipating his reaction. Bingo.

He did not want to give in to her pranks, forcing himself to smile and took sips of it.

Come on Woohyun. It’s impossible to take it. She giggled, looking at her partner suffer. Woohyun took big gulps of the drink and rushed to the toilet, Hyomin burst out laughing at the miserable state of the boy.

 

For the past hour, the girl was busying herself serving others. Woohyun’s heart ached when she had accidentally spilled water on the customer and was reprimanded harshly by the manager. She was trying her very best to control her temper. The girl felt humiliated that Woohyun had witnessed the embarrassment. The boy had waited for her to knock off to send her home. While waiting, he had ordered several different types of side dishes, all with extra ingredients added by Hyomin but he did not seem to mind getting tortured by her.

“Seriously? Go away! You should be happy that I got scolded so badly,” She pushed the boy away as he made funny faces to cheer her up.

“Come on, Hyomin. I’m not the one who scolded you,” The boy pouted.

“That woman (referring to the manager) probably scare off her suitors,” She complained and paused before continuing, “I don’t even think she have any suitors.”

“Right. You should be thankful you have one,” He stopped in his tracks and leaned in closer towards her.

“Yah, I have more than that okay?” She could feel her pulse rate increase and looked away from him.

Woohyun pinched the cheeks of the flustered girl, “Aish… Then I must be wary of my competitors, but I bet I am the best amongst them all, right?”

He smiled and did bunny ears in front of the girl. Hyomin smiled and walked ahead of him without giving him a reply.

“Right? Right?” Woohyun tugged at her sleeves throughout the entire journey.

 

**

“Sunggyu, what do you think I should do?” Woohyun rested beside the exhausted boy.

“Increase her pay,” Sunggyu stated.

“Of course I know. But I can’t do that without any reason,” He sighed.

“Hey, my father needs an assistant. Do you think she would agree to the job? Then I could see her more often,” Myungsoo teased Woohyun.

“No! She has no time! I think I would increase her working days instead!” He objected, shaking his head violently.

“Actually I have a niece that could probably use a few tuition sessions. Hyomin topped the level, didn’t she?” Dongwoo slapped Woohyun’s thigh.

“So you’re saying… But I thought Soorin had no problems with her studies?” Woohyun asked.

“True, but everyone has tuition now, I guess it doesn’t matter,” Dongwoo complete his sentence.

“Yes, yes please lend her to me I will pay for her tuition fees. Thank you so much,” Woohyun hugged Dongwoo, grateful that he came up with the suggestion.

“Okay, actually I have second thoughts about it,” Dongwoo backed away from Woohyun’s display of excessive enthusiasm.

“Please, please Dongwoo… I need her…” Woohyun squealed in a baby-like voice.

 

**

 

Dear Hyoderella,

Today’s task is a little special. Don’t worry, I will pay you for your services.

I got a bad feeling about this. Hyomin thought as she eyed the sticky note on the front door suspiciously.

She swung the door opened, expecting something outrageous, but was only greeted by the sight of a messy living room.

Though it was as messy as before, it’s nothing special.

She went to the bedroom and her jaw dropped.

“I expected you to come earlier. I heard that you’re not only a tutor, but a domestic helper too,” A girl said as crossed her arms, pouting at Hyomin.

“Wait… Who are you?” Hyomin scanned the little girl from head to toe. She was about nine years old, with short bob hair.

“Your student,” The girl ran away from Hyomin, messing up Woohyun’s house even further.

“Yah Brat! I have to clear up this place too you know!” Hyomin chased the girl. From the corner of her eyes, she spotted another sticky note on the study table.

Her name is Soorin, from now onwards, you are her tutor. Her tuition session will end at 5pm, but she will be here until 8. You will continue your chores after the session.

What? Now I’m a tutor? You’ve got to be kidding me.

The girl stuck her tongue out at Hyomin, pouring the pile of clothes in front of her.

“You…” Hyomin raised a fist at her and stomped towards the girl but she was too fast and ducked under the table.

She finally got hold of the girl but accidentally hit the top of her head while getting up. The little girl giggled.

Hyomin dragged the little Soorin to the study room and commanded her to sit.

I swear, this is living hell.

Being the impatient girl she always was, Hyomin almost exploded when Soorin did not understand the concept even though she had repeated it thrice.

“I give up, this is seriously not working,” Hyomin slumped into the chair.

“What a lousy tutor,” Soorin looked at the tired tutor.

“Just continue doing your work,” Hyomin glared at Soorin.

“How to? I don’t even understand this part,” Soorin complained.

Hyomin sat up tiredly and began explaining the whole concept to her once more. Soorin had actually understood what her tutor had explained to her but was trying to make things difficult for the elder girl. She was told to do so by Woohyun and Dongwoo.

 

**

“Soorin ah!” Woohyun hugged the little girl who had jumped into his arms.

“How was it?” Woohyun asked.

“She is funny,” the girl giggled as she thought about how often Hyomin tried to calm herself down by chanting a string of inaudible words.

“She sleeps like this too,” Soorin imitated how Hyomin nodded off during their tuition session.

Woohyun, Dongwoo and Soorin all laughed as the little girl continued her story. She skilfully left out the part where she had used a permanent marker to draw on Hyomin’s face and the poor girl had left the house without realizing it.

 

**

“AHHHHHHH! What the hell!!! I went home looking like this?!” Hyomin screamed as she saw her disfigured face in the mirror.

She found it weird that people kept looking in her direction while she boarded the public transport and were trying their best to not burst out laughing.

“You little imp! I hate you!” Hyomin threw her bar of soap at the mirror to let out her wrath.

She was bent on skinning the little girl alive the next time she sees her.

 

 

Writer's note:

I'm really really sorry for not updating it for two days T^T Thank you so much for supporting this fic :D

@SherlylMyungsoo: Thank you for liking the Myungyeon moments :D I will try to make it even better

@doriesin: Hehe no spoilers :X I'm really sorry for only updating it today T^T

@Park_harin: I'm glad this made you happy^^ Woomin and Myungyeon are really cute, aren't they? :3

@lilli5874: Sorry for disappointing you the previous days. I will update more frequently :D

@jerbie18: Thank you! I really appreciated the comment :D