Chapter 11: Concerned

Sticky Notes Love!

Hyomin ah, get well soon! You have a lot to catch up, the new chapter isn’t easy :D We will visit you later.

Hyomin's head throbbed as she got up to read the text message from Eunjung and the other girls. I don’t see how a chapter of science is more difficult than catching a squid in the rain. She groaned at the thought of it. The patient slumped back to her bed, shivering under her blanket. Her hands shot out from beneath the covers and rummaged over the things on her small bedside table for the thermometer. 38 degrees celsius. Thanks employer. She slapped her palm onto her forehead and fell back asleep.

 

 

**

 

Woohyun was curious, he had not seen his seatmate in school for several days. He then recalled that the girl was wet when she left his house. She must have caught a cold. Aye, but I told her to bring an umbrella.

“Eunjung, would you mind passing Hyomin her homework?” Ms Baek pointed to the empty seat beside Woohyun.

“I will do it,” Woohyun’s left arm shot up even before Eunjung could reply. He was partially guilty for her absence and for the other reason, he missed her.

“He must have a crush on her!” The boys in the classed cooed.

“Or maybe they’re a couple!” One of them shouted.

The girls in the classroom however, were disconcerted.

 The teacher raised one of her brows,” All right Woohyun, collect them for Hyomin then. Class dismiss.”

“Woohyun, do you know where she lives?” Eunjung tapped Woohyun’s shoulders.

“I was just about to ask you,” He smiled sheepishly.

“Let’s be honest, do you have a thing for Hyomin? I don’t mind playing cupid,” Eunjung smirked at the boy as she scribbled down the address on the sticky note Woohyun had passed to her.

 

 

**

 

Oh my god. Where’s Eunjung, Jiyeon or anyone? Of all people, why NAM WOO HYUN?!

“What in the world are you doing here and how do you know where I live?” The weak girl questioned, she was embarrassed about the state of her living environment.

“Come on, shouldn’t you welcome me?” Woohyun pushed the door inwards forcefully. Hyomin almost tripped over the sheer force, but he seemed to have anticipated the fall and grabbed her shoulders just in time. He then went over to the bean couch and settled down, making himself comfortable in her house.

I guess you would enjoy his accompany instead? Aren’t you glad that someone want you?

Hyomin saw the text message after an attempt to call for help from the girls.

Damn you Eunjung. The girl cursed at her best friend and concluded that she gave the address to Woohyun.

“Well, you’re not welcomed and how can you enter a girl’s apartment so readily,” Hyomin was about to hit the unwelcomed guest but he was too quick for her and  had managed to evade several of the attacks. He then grabbed her wrists which were flailing wildly in air and brought her closer to him, she actually made contact with his chest. Her heart skipped a beat and immediately broke her eye contact from him as her cheeks flushed red; not because from her fever but from the increase in her pulse rate.

“Park Hyomin, can you for once just stop being pertinacious?” He looked into Hyomin’s eyes with intensity that made her shudder. “Go rest, I will make you something edible,” He loosened his grip around her slim wrist.

The girl wanted to protest but was stopped by him, he placed a finger on her lips," If you don't, I will really drag or carry you to bed. I don’t know what I might do next."

The girl’s eyes widened and nodded rapidly. She walked quickly but unsteadily back to her room.

"Hyomin ah, the porridge is ready," Woohyun hollered across the tiny apartment. Right… she must be asleep, how silly of me.

He paced outside the room for quite a while, apparently having an inner-conflict with himself.

Should I go in? Yes I should, I made her porridge after all! Wait, but what if she is not wearing her inner-wear?

Aye! I should have asked her to keep it on earlier.

Woohyun rapped his knuckles on his forehead as he could not come to a decision.

Forget it, she can sue me for taking advantage of her for all I care. He pushed her door open slowly, spying the sleeping girl through the small crack. He then open the door wide enough just for him to pass through and left it open. He tiptoed across the room until he was positioned beside her.

He tapped the girl lightly, when that invited no response, he shook the girl gently. She seemed to be in deep slumber. He brushed her fringe to one side and placed his hand on her forehead, he retracted almost immediately in shock. God, she’s burning. He then spotted the thermometer on the floor and tried using it, but the device seemed to have broken. Dammit, her temperature is definitely too high.

"Hyomin ah, don’t struggle, I'll get you to the doctor right away," He lifted her covers off and the girl immediately balled up from the loss of warmth. He placed an arm under her body and lifted her up in one swift action. Hyomin squirmed uncomfortably in his embrace. He picked up his parka from the bean couch with his foot and made his way out into the streets for a cab.

 I'm sorry, it's my fault.

 

**

 

Hyomin opened her blurry eyes to white patches in her vision, she did not know where she was but concluded that she was no longer in her apartment as her nose wrinkled from the stench of anaesthetics. Her head felt like exploding as she tried to recall what she last did. One person came to her mind after minutes of recounting. Nam Woohyun. That's right. It must be him who brought me here.

"Oh... Hyomin you're up, I was getting myself a drink, sorry for not being by your side when you woke up," Woohyun walked in and took a seat on the bed. His face conveyed a sense of relief upon witnessing the girl having awaken.

"You're feeling all right? Your temperature was 40 degree celcius and your face was so red," He leant in closer and touched the forehead of the girl again, eyes filled with affection.

From Hyomin’s angle, she noticed his perfect jaw line as well as his Adam’s apple which she found exceptionally charming, she blushed at the thought of it.

"I'm fine, thanks," She muttered and turned her head to face away briefly in an attempt to hide her blushing face.

"You're welcome," He flashed a smile Hyomin had seen countless of times, but for the first time, she returned it.

 

**

 

So, what do you like? :D

Jiyeon was in her spatial room lying on her tummy in her pyjamas. The room was painted in pink, had pink lightings and was decorated with soft toys. She hugged her bear as she fiddled with her phone.

Guitar. Black. Udon. Photography. Sleep.

Aish… Another short message.

Well, Hyomin is talented in photography. She also won quite a number of awards too. For me, I enjoy watching romance and I’m good at taekwondo.

She was trying her best to come up with some topics that will rouse his interest.

Whoa… Really? Do you think she will agree to show me her works?

That was unexpected. The girl had thought it would be another short reply. Instead, he showed slight interest at the mere mention of Hyomin. Jiyeon was rather more disappointed about it than to receive a short message. I guess he is not interested in me after all. For the past few messages, Jiyeon had been introducing herself but the boy had shown not even a slight interest.

I don’t think she minds.

She replied and kept her phone away. The girl was no longer anticipating his replies.

 

Writer's note: 

Oh man, I almost couldn't post this chapter, I was kinda busy.

I'm glad that comments are coming in as well, please continue to voice out you opinions ^^

But also, silent readers are welcome ^^ but if you have any opinions and is too shy, you can pm me :)

Once again, I thank my subscribers and those who upvoted this fic. It really motivates me to improve my writings >0<

Oh my god I had to edit this document several times because it contained sensitive words and got rated M. Glad it got removed :)

 

@Neko-Meow: Haha yes:) she is as cool as you :P 

@KisungYouBaby26: YUp XD Well, Woohyun has to pay for making her suffer ^^

@Park_harin: Thank you! Well, I will try to include more MyungYeon. But as I said earlier, this is a WooMIn fic, so it will be geared towards them. :)

@tasya92: Thank you for commenting and liking this fic >< 

@jerbie18: You scared me there, I thought you didn't want to comment on this fic anymore :( So glad you liked it. Do you love this chapter as well? :P