Chapter 19: After Effects

Sticky Notes Love!

Chapter 19

Thanks for the cookies! Why didn't you tell me you came?

The girl threw her phone onto her bedside table in frustration before diving into the bed. Jiyeon. Stop being so stupid. He is just using you.

Tears kept cascading down her cheek as she thought of the boys’ conversation that night. They say when you're in love, you'll get happier. Why am I hurting? Her pillow was dampened by her tears. Of all people, why Hyomin?! Kim Myungsoo! I really hate you! I really do!

Her mind was filled with anger, sadness and hatred. She was angry that he had used her to get closer to Hyomin, sad that she could not be the one he likes and hate the fact that she could not steal Myungsoo away from Hyomin because she is her cousin.  She pulled her blanket over her face as she tried to forget about the boy. Yet, her mind was still flooded with images of Myungsoo and activities that she had done with him, albeit little. I'll get over it. After today, I will never shed a tear for him. It's not worth it.

 

**

 

"May I help you?" Jiyeon looked up and smiled at her customer weakly, only to be met with a pair of familiar eyes.

"The usual," It has become a habit for Myungsoo to look for Jiyeon in the cafeteria where she is working.

Jiyeon had took up a part-time job at the cafeteria near their school and the girl had always dragged him to her workplace during the holidays to study there. She claimed that she needed some motivation and his presence would definitely boost her work performance. The outgoing girl had always wanted to have gain some working experiences instead of wasting time at home. Myungsoo however, had persuaded her not to since her academic results were not fantastic.  

"Sorry sir? Your order?" Jiyeon’s smile faded almost immediately.

She spoke without the enthusiasm she always had.

What is wrong with her? She hasn’t reply my messages since three days ago. Why is she acting like that? She obviously knew what I liked. Myungsoo thought irritably. To think that she had dragged me here. He recalled Jiyeon’s several attempt to persuade him to accompany her.

 

**

 

"Come on, Ahreum and Sungjong had dance practices. I don't want to interrupt Hyomin and others too, since they have their own activities. Please Myungsoo, it's my first day working" Jiyeon pleaded him with her puppy eyes.

"No," He was about to make his way out when the girl blocked him with her body.

"I would give you half of my pay?" She attempted to bribe him.

“No,” Myungsoo shook his head and shoved her aside.

“I guess I have to go alone,” She turned and walked away slowly, hoping that he would change his mind. She took a glance back at him, looking as sad as possible.

“Fine.”

Jiyeon grinned when the boy had finally agreed and she grabbed his arms.

 

**

“Cappuccino,” He muttered.

“Please wait for a moment sir,” She passed the receipt to him coldly and proceeded on to take orders from the others.

Usually, he would have left after he had finished his drink or when he had finished his work. This time however, he had not even touched his drink nor brought any work to do. Jiyeon caught the boy eyeing her several times but managed to ignore it. 

For the next half an hour, Myungsoo had been staring daggers at Jiyeon and her fellow male colleague. They were however oblivious about it, and was busying themselves with conversations and giggling at each other’s joke. Ah… So she has found another target. No wonder she forgot about me. Wait… Were they even like that when I was around the last time?

He tried to recall Jiyeon’s interactions with the other cute looking boy but to no avail. When he was at the cafeteria, he was always too immersed in reading the book Hyomin had lent him, another thing that made Jiyeon upset. So he is Jinwoon? He finally remembered Jiyeon mentioning her co-worker to trigger his jealousy.

Myungsoo could not stand Jinwoon and Jiyeon’s intimate actions and tried to grab their attention by spilling his drink on purpose. When approached by another worker, he specifically asked for Jiyeon to mop that area. Jinwoon though, stepped up and offered to take her place.

“Sir, I will clear the mess,” Jinwoon gaze shifted to Jiyeon. The girl nodded and thanked him with a smile on her face.

“Ah… what a gentleman,” Myungsoo faked at the couple.

Myungsoo’s face stiffened, he refused to move his legs away and let out grunts of displeasure when Jinwoon tried to move him away.

The staff at the cafeteria knew Jiyeon had a crush on Myungsoo and found it uneasy when they sensed tension between the two.

“Thank you Jinwoonie,” Jiyeon slung her arm around his shoulders, smiling at him affectionately. Myungsoo’s eyes widened, Jiyeon had never done that to any other boys except for him.

Myungsoo stood up, giving a dirty look at Jiyeon and strode off. Jinwoon was stunned as he watched Myungsoo made his way out of the cafeteria until his girlfriend, apparently the other attendant, nudged him.

“Hey, I think you’ve got the wrong idea-,” Jinwoon wanted to chase after Myungsoo, but was stopped by Jiyeon.

"Leave him. Help me for once, please?" Jiyeon pleaded the couple.

"Seriously Jiyeon, this is not a solution. I don't know what happened between both of you, but you really need to have a talk with him," Jinwoon patted Jiyeon's head and continued working.

Jiyeon bitterly returned a smile and stared at the now empty seat.

 

**

 

"Soorin ah," Hyomin barged into the apartment, looking for the girl. She rummaged the place and sighed, realising that the girl had intended to play hide and seek with her.

Soorin covered as she giggled to herself. She will never find me.

Found you. Hyomin smirked. Well, i guess we are alike after all. She crawled under her employer's bed after hearing the muffled giggles. She pulled Soorin out by her leg and scoffed. "What an unoriginal hiding place."

"What did you say?" Soorin frowned and crossed her arms.

"It's my usual hideout when I was your age," Hyomin shrugged.

She grabbed hold of Soorin’s arm, knowing that the little troublemaker would soon create a mess, "Look, let's make a deal. You can use these on me, if you behave well.”

 Soorin’s eyes lit up when Hyomin placed the makeup kit in front of her, “Okay, Wooh-“The girl stopped for a moment, realising that she had almost spilled the beans, “Oppa told me to be nice to you anyway.”

“Oppa? Not appa?” Hyomin caught her words.

“No, he is my biological brother,” Soorin lied.

Though Soorin was a bad liar, Hyomin decided to let it off. She did not want to meddle with her employer’s business, “First, we need to start our tuition session.”

Hyomin had indeed kept her promise. She taught Soorin the use of each item in the makeup kit and the techniques after the tuition session. Things are getting much easier to handle now. She coughed as Soorin tried to powder her face, “Yah! That’s too much.”

Hyomin had actually wanted to give the girl an earful but had decided against it for fear that she might offend her employer. Instead, she went online to look up for some tips to handle children of Soorin’s age.

 “Oops, sorry.” Soorin stuck her tongue out.

 

 

**

 

“Soorin arh, you look rather happy today,” Woohyun gently picked up the young girl and spun around on the same spot with her in his arms.

“Hyomin unnie let me put make-up on her! I really like her,” Soorin spoke excitedly.

You’re even good with children. What else you can’t do? Woohyun smiled as she thought of the affectionate Hyomin playing with Soorin.

**

“Hey, what’s up? You look down today,” Woohyun slapped Myungsoo’s back.

“Nothing,” Myungsoo’s kept his reply short.

Dongwoo started joining in their conversation, “Hey, Woohyun, I think we should make Hyomin babysit Soorin more often. Soorin is beginning to like her a lot. Oh right, she probably wouldn’t have time to after she starts work at Myungsoo’s studio. She’ll start work tomorrow right?”

Myungsoo still looked listless as he nodded his head.

Woohyun smiled, “You must have quarrelled with Jiyeon.”

“I didn’t even do anything! She has been giving me a cold shoulder for the past few days. Ahhhh… this is so annoying,” Myungsoo ruffled his hair out of frustration.

“Exactly, it is because you didn’t do anything that’s why she is upset,” Hoya reasoned.

Sungyeol nodded, “Girls like to be pampered with chocolates, flowers and bears. Have you given any of those to her?”

Myungsoo scoffed as he thought about the tomboyish girl fiddling with such cute stuffs.

“Hey, I don’t think she will be angry with you for a long time, she just made cookies for you didn’t she?” Sungjong tried to cheer him up.

Right… the cookies… it all started during that time. What did I do to make her angry?

Myungsoo started rapping his knuckles on his forehead to help him recall of the events but to no avail. He could not even remember what he had done or said on that day.

 

Writer's note:

@doriesin: Well, he's just playful >< He did not know Jiyeon was there :(

@Park_harin: Haha, they are so cute :3 Yeah... I'm quite sad that she is the only one hurting :(

@jerbie18: Haha, Woohyun is indeed a cheeky boy :P It's okay, jiyeon is a strong girl :)

@parkjiyeon_Lkim: Don't worry, Myungsoo will suffer as much as Jiyeon did :D 

@himdaekki: Jiyeon will definitely do something about it >< I don't know if this is revenge but oh well :D I hope you like it

 

 

 

 

 

.