Chapter 8: Here Comes Trouble

Sticky Notes Love!

Damn it. I'm late. It was Hyomin's first day at work. She was lost in the unfamiliar neighbourhood but thankfully, a kind soul had given her directions and she eventually managed to figure out her way.

She calmed herself down and was about to press the doorbell, until she realised a pink sticky note stuck onto the wooden door. The girl steadied her breath.

 

Dear Cinderella,

First up, I won’t be home when you are here; I’m a rather busy man. Just place your right index finger on biometric pad. The house's biometric system will allow your entry; I’ve already calibrated it for your use. If you are done with the chores, you may choose to complete your homework at my house until eight today.

 

Cinderella? Where’s my fairy godmother?  She did as she was told to and placed her index finger on the sensitive device. The door clicked. Hyomin was taken aback, the day before, she was still wondering what the point of having her fingerprint scanned was. Cool. Daddy should get a system for our house too.  Then she shook her head, it would have been such a hassle, having to calibrate all the domestic helpers’ fingerprints. How stupid of me.

Once she entered, her eyes darted around the place warily. The apartment was kept in hues of black and white, the colour combination was simple yet it exudes a sense of elegance. However there was one glaring fault; the house was in a mess. Way too messy. Clothes were piled up at the cream coloured sofa, curtains were stained yellow, soft drink cans and peanut packaging were littered everywhere. Her jaw dropped. There must be at least ten people living in this place. She explored the house, taking cautious steps and kicking the mess to a corner. After inspecting the entire premise, she felt her energy began to drain away. There’s lots of work to be done.

Something caught her attention; another pink sticky note on the humongous refrigerator.

1. I expect the house to be sparkling clean when I’m back. Those clothes are clean and meant to be folded.

Very well… that was expected.

2.  Do the laundry.

Laundry? Excuse me? But how?

3. Prepare a meal for me, I live alone.

She fished out her phone to call for assistance.

“Hello, hello! Ahreum are you there? Can you teach me how to do the laundry?” Hyomin spilled out her queries even before Ahreum had the time to respond.

“Are you being serious? You don’t know and yet you took up employment as a domestic helper?” Ahreum voice was laced with incredulity.

“I thought I had more time to learn but I was given a job by the agency so quickly. Whatever it is, tell me how. Now” Hyomin wasted no time, she had not wanted to leave a bad impression on her employer, especially not so if it was a test given by her father. I’ll show you why I deserve to go back.

Ahreum gave a slew of instructions that were easy for the first-timer to follow.

She sorted the clothes by colour, each into a laundry bag. The girl was searching for the laundry detergent but was stopped by a familiar piece of sticky note. She squinted her eyes to read it.

Please buy the laundry detergent too.

What... is it in my scope of to-dos as well? I don’t think he expect me to pay for it, right?

She scanned the place and found money on the dining table. I guess that’s the money for the detergent? It seems a bit too much though.

With the money, she made her way to the supermarket.

 

**

 

I would like to have some kimchi rice. Unfortunately, you would have to purchase the ingredients too.

Hyomin frowned at the sight of the note in the rice cooker. Seriously, what's with all those sticky notes and what the hell?! Why can’t he just give me a list of things to buy at one go!  She concluded that it was not the last one she would find. She began her treasure hunt for other sticky notes around the house. There, another one.

I don't have cleaning agents. Therefore, you will have to use the money on the dining table to purchase the ones you need. For electrical appliances and cleaning tools, it's all kept in the closet.

 This is seriously getting on my nerves, is he out to frustrate me or make a mockery out of me?

Once again, the girl stormed out of the apartment.

This is god damn heavy, how did he expect a girl to carry all these by herself? The girl was having trouble carrying the few bags of items she was instructed to buy, occasionally dragging them. As she did so, she accidentally tripped.

Cursing, the girl struggled to get up as the weight of the items was restraining her.

“Ahh! This is so frustrating!” Hyomin, screamed in exasperation. Her knees and arms were bruised and grazed from the fall.

 

 

 

**

 

Woohyun giggled. His domestic helper had returned his note with a reply.

 

Dear employer,

The EXACT change and receipt are on the dining table beside your meal. The cleaning agent is also kept in your closet. Please do give me your instructions through one piece of note.

Hyoderella*

 

Woohyun was surprised that the girl had done her job well. Though Woohyun was an expert in cooking, he wanted to taste Hyomin’s dish. Unexpectedly, the kimchi rice was delicious.  He highly doubted that Hyomin had made it herself and checked the receipt. A smirk was formed on his face. As expected from a smart girl, buying the instant one instead.

 

 

Writer's Note:

@Neko-Meow: Haha. Yup yup, it's Woomin! XD Thank you so much for supporting me!

@Neeya626: I'm really grateful that you like it^^

@Water_rid: Haha I thought Jiyeon is suitable for a cute and bubbly personality.^^ Agree, the girls are beautiful :D

@jerbie18: Myungyeon will appear in the next chapter^^~ Yup, Hyomin is Woohyun's domestic helper :)