Chapter 21: Love Blossoms

Sticky Notes Love!

"Hyomin…" Woohyun whined and tugged the sleeves of the girl who was trying to concentrate on her work, "I want to go with you too," he continued. Despite Hyomin having rejected him countless times, Woohyun was still adamant at following the girl to the photo studio in which she would be working at. Woohyun could not bear the thoughts of allowing Hyomin to work alone with Myungsoo, especially not with Myungsoo, the boy thought furiously.

"I'm there to work, not play," Hyomin replied curtly and shrugged the boy’s arms away. “Hey, we’ve got to finish this last part. Pay attention!” The girl snapped at him.

"Well I can visit Myungsoo and do our work there at the same time, Myungsoo definitely wouldn’t mind," Woohyun grinned playfully.

“Fine. If Myungsoo doesn’t mind then I have no say, he is my boss after all," Hyomin emphasised on the last part, a small smirk playing over her lips.

Woohyun groaned at the thought of it. “No… You’re mine, I’m your boss.”

Hyomin giggled at the boy’s antics, “what are you saying? Since when have you become my boss?

“I am really your boss! I paid you!” The boy later slapped his mouth after realising that he almost gave himself away.

Hyomin paused and looked at the boy with a raised brow. “Since when did you pay me?”

The cogwheels in the boy’s head turned as he tried to fluff his way through. “I-I paid you! I’ve always paid you with my love.”

Hyomin scoffed, “right, I only wish for you to pay more attention to our project.”

Despite herself saying so, Hyomin found herself smiling inwardly, she was actually beginning to like the boy now.

The pair were later disrupted by two consecutive honks from a Porsche parked outside the café. Woohyun immediately knew who it was and could not help himself from scrunching up his face.

Hyomin stole a brief glance at her partner and could not help herself from laughing. She actually liked the jealous look on Woohyun’s face. She cleared , slammed her laptop lid shut haughtily and threw a side glance to her partner. “Well then, I should be going.”

Myungsoo had already exited the car and was leaning on the polished vehicle by the time the girl had exited the café.  "Hyomin noona!" Myungsoo’s facial features lit up as he greeted Hyomin and upon seeing the sulking Woohyun tagging behind the girl, Myungsoo attempted to deliver another kiss to the girl but instead, his lips came into contact with his friend’s palms.

“Oh no, you don’t” Woohyun pushed the man’s face backwards as his arms caged around Hyomin. “She is mine. Only I can do that to her.”

Myungsoo smirked haughtily, “I will have plenty of chances to kiss her when you are not around.”

“Oh, that won’t happen,” Woohyun wagged a finger before Myungsoo’s face, “because I am going to follow her wherever she goes. That means I am following you guys to the photo studio as well.”

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders, he never really meant to keep Woohyun from Hyomin anyway. “Fine. Suit yourself.”

 The drive to Myungsoo’s photo studio was a complete disaster.

Myungsoo could tell that Woohyun and Hyomin’s relationship have improved by leaps and bounds and thus decided to do more to tease his friend.

Myungsoo began fiddling with Hyomin’s hair, eliciting giggles from her whilst Woohyun was busy swatting his hands away from the girl. The boy was having so much fun witnessing Woohyun’s jealous behaviour. Just then, a thought struck him. Jealousy… Was it jealousy that had caused Jiyeon to be angry with me? Myungsoo had wanted desperately to inquire Hyomin unfortunately, they had just arrived at their destination. The boy then decided to keep this in mind and ask when he had the chance to do so   

 

**

“Dad I’ve brought my fri-“Myungsoo froze in his steps when he witnessed the scene before him. It was yet another make-out session with one of the models. His father stopped and buttoned up his shirt, concealing the otherwise visible lipstick stain on her collar.

“You did not tell me you were coming.” Myungsoo’s father spoke, his tone unabashed.

Myungsoo’s jaws tightened as he fought back his anger. “I am sorry for not knowing that this was your private make-out place.” He spoke in between his gritted teeth then exited the photo studio.

Hyomin and Woohyun were playing with each other delightfully while waiting outside the studio.

“Hey, MyungMyung, what took you so long?” Woohyun taunted, unaware of what had transpired.

“It’s not so convenient in there.” He replied coldly.

Woohyun was slightly taken aback by his friend’s sudden change of attitude. Hyomin was too, but was later enlightened when a buzzing hot model exited the studio hurriedly.

“Oh, I had no idea our Myungsoo was bringing a girl for me,” a man spoke from behind Myungsoo.

Hyomin deduced that the man must be Myungsoo’s father, the physical resemblance between them was uncanny. Hyomin guessed that the man must at least be in his late forties or early fifties but his looks did not betray his age.

“Don’t… lay any ideas on her,” Myungsoo threw a warning glance towards the man and Hyomin could immediately sense the tension between the two.

“Hello uncle! You must be MyungMyung’s father right?! I am Woohyun and she is Hyomin, my girlfriend,” the clueless and insensitive Woohyun beamed at the elder man.

Myungsoo winced at his pet name.

“MyungMyung? Is that what he is called? And yes, I am his dad,” The elder man laughed heartily placed a heavy arm on Woohyun’s shoulders, “Woohyun, what a fine young man you are, you will do well in life, with your girlfriend,” the elder man gave a wink to the Hyomin.

Myungsoo chewed at his bottom lip, never in his life has he heard his father spoke to someone like that before.

“Very well then, the studio is yours for the day.” The elder man stretched then walked away from the trio.

When the elder man was finally out of sight, Myungsoo heaved a sigh of relief.

Hyomin later placed a hand on Myungsoo’s shoulders and gave him an understanding smile. Myungsoo took it gratefully as another sigh escaped from him.  

**

Later that day, as Woohyun walked Hyomin home, Woohyun was caught off guards when the girl suddenly threw him a question. “What do you guys know about Myungsoo?”

“He’s filthy rich, he has many pursuers, including your cousin, Jiyeon.”

Hyomin was mildly surprised. “Jiyeon?”

“Why have I not noticed that Jiyeon likes him.”

Woohyun let out a mocking laughter, “That is because you were being you. You never used to care much about others anyway.”

Hyomin’s mouth fell agape and tried to find rebuttal points but realised that she could not find one. Woohyun was right, she had been too insensitive about other people’s feelings and inconsiderate in the past.

Upon noticing the change in the girl’s demeanour, Woohyun began to placate her, “Hey, you know I was joking right? You’re starting to care more now, you know?”

Hyomin found that all too true, she was really beginning to care more about surroundings. She began to wonder why had she changed. Was her father’s ways of teaching a lesson truly useful? Was it because her employer had given her too many ridiculous tasks, even to the extent of taking care of a girl? Was it because Woohyun had made her feel so many things she had never felt before?

“Hey, you listening to me?” Woohyun waved a hand before the girl in daze, startling her.

“W-What?! Ya right! And I am still myself, I still don’t care.” The girl let out a giggle before skipping away from the boy.

**

Jiyeon had unknowingly wandered to the stairwell again. It was quiet as usual and the girl expected it to be quiet for quite some time. He will never come here, he never does ever since I came to annoy him here.

The girl later fell asleep at the spot where she had first found the boy with the charming voice not knowing that the unexpected had actually come true.

Myungsoo had walked in to his little comfort zone just a few moments after, only to find it occupied by someone else. He groaned after seeing a pair of slim legs.

Fantastic day, isn’t it? He rolled his eyes, frustrated at the strings of events for the day. Catching dad red handed and having his favourite spot taken away were definitely things he had not wanted.  Hold up, that pair of shoes?

The boy turned his back and found his way to the intruder. Not that he find the footwear odd or anything, but it was way too familiar. Spend a day out getting dragged around in malls, he could tell that that was pair he picked for that girl, Park Jiyeon.

He felt his heart flutter and was eager to go back to her yet he contemplated whether to approach her. After all, he was not one who’s good at dealing with awkwardness but leaving a sleeping girl there was not a good option either. Besides, he really missed her.

“Yah. Jiyeon arh.” His voice was laced with gentleness as he nudged the sleeping beauty lightly.

“Ugh,” She girl stirred in her sleep mumbled a string of inaudible words.

A smile crept into Myungsoo’s face. Cute.

“I think I might know why you’re angry, but I still don’t really understand. Wake up to enlighten me.” He ruffled her hair as he spoke. Of course had not expected a response from the girl and he would never had said it had she not been sleeping.  

His smile worn off and was replaced with an expression of mild shock when something caught him off-guard; the girl had mistaken him as a pillow, leaning against his lap for comfort.

He stood frozen for a while before gulping. A teasing sort of smile then graced his features again, “woman, are you taking advantage of me?”

The girl smiled sheepishly in her sleep as if in reply as Myungsoo tucked those loss strands of her behind her ears and whispered, “alright Airhead, you better don’t drool on me.”

Myungsoo lifted her head up gently and rested it on his lap. The sleeping girl immediately tucked her hand beneath those warm thighs of his.

 

**

 

The first sight Jiyeon woke up to was not pleasant, at all. How could it be when her line of vision gave her the perfect view of Myungsoo’s jawline? Her heart raced and she shut her eyes tightly once more. What is he doing here? Not to mention the fact that she had napped too comfortable on his lap, this made the situation even more awkward. Why am I on his lap? Her mind screamed.

Jiyeon wished there’s a secret tunnel somewhere to save herself from embarrassment. She pretended to continue sleeping praying that Myungsoo had not noticed.

Contrary to her, Myungsoo smirked, amused by the girl’s reaction. He knew very well that the girl was awake.

“My legs are kind of numb. It’s not quite easy to stay in the same position for about two hours, you know.” It was not as if that the boy really minded it, but it gave him a very good excuse to , perhaps for the rest of their lives.

“I…” She sat up, staring at the boy with uncertainty as she nibbled her bottom lip. She did not know how to reaction in this situation because she was supposed to still be angry at him yet now she could not.

At times like this…. Run

She stood up and attempted to sprint off yet her legs were unsteady and buckled beneath her.

It was as if Myungsoo could get inside her mind and knew what she was about to do and caught her before she fell. However, even miscalculations do occur to Myungsoo they are often with consequences. Jiyeon yelped as she felt contact made to her chest, to put it more accurately, to her s.

“You ert!” Jiyeon steadied herself and kicked the boy’s lower shins.

“W-What?!” Myungsoo’s eyes had widened upon his miscalculations and had no time to react to the sudden assault. “Ouch!!!” He yelped as he hopped on the same spot while holding his shin.

“Hey! That was not on purpose!” Myungsoo shouted before the girl disappeared out of his sight. 

 

**

Co-author's Note (CatD65)

Hey guys, this is my first time addressing you guys (actually not really the first) since my sister is busy churning out other chapters.

First up we would like to apologise for the really, ultra long hiatus. My sister was really too caught up with work and I refused to write a chapter for her, well since you guys know that my part is mostly editing and refining the story ><

Okay enough of the side information. 

This is the longest chapter written for this fic but we know it isn't enough to make up for the long hiatus >< we will do updates more frequently and I will make sure to give you guys prior notice before any hiatus :D 

Well back to the story... both pairs have progressed in this fiction though Jiyeon and Myungsoo's progression did not end up too prettily :D

Poor Myungsoo though >< I feel for him but that is just too bad but he will be alright.

Woohyun and Hyomin is as always... a comedic pair hahaha

Once again, thank you for subscribing and commenting on this fiction. We're terribly sorry for the long hiatus and we will try to make up for it.

Cheers!