Chapter 3: The Embarrassed

Sticky Notes Love!

“Hey Soyeon, I heard that a new teacher took over Mrs Im’s math lesson, how is he doing?” Eunjung nudged Soyeon, curious about the said person.

“Mr Oh is really hot! He may be younger than other teachers but he is one of the few that conduct lessons I can concentrate on, or at least understand unlike Mrs Im. I don’t even know what she was blabbering about,” Soyeon eyes sparkled as she talked enthusiastically about the fine man.

“Soyeon, are you sure the reason why you can concentrate is because he can teach? Or is it because of his good looks? I’m sure you’ve never tried to pay attention in any class before,” Ahreum poke fun at the girl. The other girls were filled with envy. Hyomin however, did not express any interest in joining their conversation.

Instead of making witty comebacks, Soyeon’s face was flushed red as she slapped Ahreum’s shoulders with embarrassment, proving that her statement was right. The others, joined in the teasing.

“All right. Enough with the teasing. Hyomin, what’s wrong? You look listless today,” Qri asked concernedly, apparently having noticed the girl’s peculiar behavior. Though she knew that Hyomin was not much of a gossiper, she would always keep up with their conversation.

“My father was displeased with me,” Hyomin sighed “over a credit card bill, can you believe it? He had never been so mad at me before.”

Her friends were surprised. They did not expect the girl’s father to be upset over her spending habits, especially since it has been going on for a long time.

“Maybe he would just freeze your credit cards? I believe he would not stay mad for a long time,” Boram’s attempt at making the troubled girl feel better did not seem to succeed.

“No, he is rather serious this time,” Hyomin brows were knitted as the look on her father's face appeared in her mind.

"Well, you did spend quite a huge sum of money. You insisted on treating all of us to a holiday trip just for Boram’s celebration," Qri reasoned.

“That trip was amazing, especially the spectacular view of the northern lights!” Eunjung squealed with delight as she reminisced their memorable trip.

“Eunjung, that doesn’t matter now,” Hyomin let out another long sigh.

 

**

 

They were caught up into a rather similar situation as before, but this time round, it was Woohyun who was the one staring at the other with inquisitive eyes. She has always been attractive to him. He didn't know which part of her attracted him. Her defiance? Her beauty? Her intellectual capacity?

Probably it’s just her, every part of her reeled him in. He liked her just the way she is, she does not act all innocent, kind or caring.

He leant in to get a better view of her, he noticed a little stream of liquid dribbling down the side of and he found it adorable, unable to restrain himself from chuckling.

The abrupt ring that indicates the end of the lesson woke the sleeping girl up with a start. She squinted her eyes as they were not yet used to the bright lights

She soon found out that she had another worry as she rubbed away the unsightly evidence of her drooling. She thought she had fixed the unglamorous habit but the stack of stained writing papers on her desk proved her wrong.

"Take this. I think it would be better to use the tissue instead of your hands," she turned to where the voice came from, bewildered.

There goes my image. She took the packet of tissue embarrassedly and hurriedly wiped and stuffed the stained writing papers into her bag clumsily. Lank strings of hair fell into her eyes, and she tossed them back impatiently.

"Oh, you might also want to copy some notes from me. Since you've missed some of it. I don't mind lending you mine," Woohyun offered Hyomin in which the latter shook her head violently in response.

She had never felt like running away from someone that badly before.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I don't really think I need those notes," Hyomin replied him as she moved quickly to get out of the classroom, occasionally hitting the edge of other's desks.

"Yah! Park Hyomin! Wait up!" Eunjung gathered Hyomin’s paraphernalia that was left behind on her desk hurriedly and chased after her best friend.

 

Park Hyomin. The girl that never failed to leave a smile on his face.

 

Damn it! Why do I act like that in front of him!  Hyomin stomped off angrily with her arms crossed, she didn’t expect him to see her in such an embarrassing state, with her hair in a mess and sloppy face.

 

Eunjung, managed to catch up with her fast pace, shoved her things in her arms and asked irritably, ”Hyomin, what’s wrong with you? You didn’t wait for me.”

 

Hyomin rolled her eyes in response and continued walking ahead of her friend.

 

“You’re welcome?” Eunjung was taken aback by the girl’s hostility.

 

 

Writer's note: 

@Water_rid: According to my drafts, JIyeon will start to appear at around Chapter 5/6 :D Don't worry I'll give her sufficient sceen time as well :P

The amount of money she spent would also be mention later^^

 

@KisungYouBaby26: Thank you so much for your review :D It made my day^^