Chapter 15: The Meeting

Sticky Notes Love!

Jiyeon was clad in the floral dress, it was the first time in so many years that she had worn something so feminine. She kept adjusting the thin strap that was cutting into her shoulders as she made her way to their meeting place. She also pulled constantly at the hems of the dress, uncomfortable with the length of it. How on earth does Hyomin managed to wear these? It’s so short. After obtaining permission from her cousin, she had rummaged through her wardrobe to search for a piece of wearable article; all of which were too feminine. Though the dress suits her skin tone, the sneakers she wore ruined her entire dressing. Jiyeon had wanted to wear Hyomin’s high heels but the pain was too much to bear as she walked in it with her injured ankle hence she decided against doing it. Even in sneakers, the pain was already almost unbearable, she tried loosening the laces of her right sneakers. Jiyeon was so excited about the meeting that she had spent the whole day researching for topics to converse with the boy and picking out clothes leaving herself with no time to consult the doctor.

She entered the tiny restaurant and scanned the place, her eyes finally found the person she was supposed to spend the day with. Myungsoo was seated at the small table of two in a discreet corner behind the pillar. His headphones were on as usual and he was skimming through a book about photography. His outfit was much more casual; just a white plain V-neck shirt, loose-fitting jeans and a pair of tennis shoes. Though his style was simple, it did not downplay his looks; the V-neck shirt accentuated his beautifully sculpted chest and those jeans made him look more approachable. Still as charming as ever. She took small careful steps towards him, trying to hide the fact that she was injured.

She tried to scare the concentrated man, expecting to receive a startled look.

Myungsoo merely looked up, showing no sign of surprise, “Oh… You’re here.”

“Aye… No fun,” The girl pouted before taking a seat, wincing from the pain.

Once she settled herself down, a waitress came with their menus and placed them in front of the duo, “Sir, what would you like to order?”

The waitress was ready to pen down their choices when Jiyeon replied, “We shall decide later.”

“Sure, take your time. Please excuse me,” The waitress bowed to them and went on to the other tables.

“I personally prefer the beef steak here,” Myungsoo thought the girl could not decide, but he was wrong. To Jiyeon, the menu was not appealing at all. She was tired of having her meals at restaurants; her aunt had made Jiyeon dine with her countless of times. Also, though the food her uncle’s chefs had prepared was good, she wanted to try something different, not all classy or expensive.

“Let’s try something else,” The girl slammed the menu shut and held the confused boy’s hand. Unlike the previous time, the boy did not retract his hand and let the girl lead the way.

 

**

 

The girl eyes gleamed with excitement with the sight of the raw meat and vegetable stacked in piles in front of them, ready to be cooked. She was sure that the condiments and side dishes were to add more flavours to it, “I’ve always miss the Korean BBQ when I was in Japan!”

I thought she would prefer high-class restaurant instead of BBQ restaurant. He looked at Jiyeon with curiosity. The girl rolled her sleeves and was ready to grill the meat.

“Let me, a guy is better at this,” Myungsoo took the pair of tongs from Jiyeon. She was slightly stunned by his actions. Aish… Normally, the girls would persuade the boys to do it. How could I have forgotten?

After minutes of grilling, the impatient girl sent a piece of meat into and immediately regretted doing so.

“Ah… It’s hot,” Jiyeon puffed her cheeks and fanned herself, earning chuckles from Myungsoo. She eats like a dinosaur.

It turns out that Myungsoo was not very adept at grilling and Jiyeon had joined in the cooking to speed things up. She kept sending in pieces of meat into Myungsoo’s mouth almost causing him to explode.

Jiyeon laughed when Myungsoo almost puked from having his mouth overstuffed. Jiyeon kept shuffling in her sitting position. The duo had been sitting on the rough carpet for hours, it was starting to hurt Jiyeon's ankle.

“What’s wrong?” Myungsoo asked when she let out a soft yelp; Jiyeon had accidentally sat on her injured ankle.

“Nothing,” Jiyeon smiled, sending a chopstick full of meat into his mouth again.

“S-Stop it... I’m exploding,” Myungsoo complained with his overstuffed mouth.

Jiyeon giggled again.

They left the grilling house three hours later. Jiyeon knew that her injury had aggravated from sitting too long. The girl had purposely strode behind Myungsoo to hide her limping but to no avail, the boy soon found out. He stopped on his tracks and turned his head back.

"You're really a crazy girl," He mumbled as he inspected her right ankle which was red and swollen.

"What do you mean?" She stared innocently at him.

"You could at least postpone it, idiot. Now I have to piggyback you,” He had no intention to make her feel bad, but was too blunt.

"It's okay. You don't have to-" Before she could complete the sentence Myungsoo cut her off and turned, back facing her.

"I insist," He said firmly and pointed to his back.

Jiyeon hesitatingly climbed to his back, afraid that she would be too heavy for him. It was Myungsoo’s first attempt at piggybacking a girl and indeed he wobbled slightly under her weight.

Jiyeon tightened her embrace as he got up unsteadily.

"Thank you,” She muttered shyly.

You do care about me, don't you?

 

**

 

Woohyun and Hyomin had met up for the second time to do their project but before they even started, Woohyun’s stomach growled. In order not to hamper the progress of their project work, Hyomin had unwillingly let him have some of the kimbap she has made.

“This is how you eat kimbap?” Hyomin raised her brows at Woohyun. He unwrapped the seaweed, only eating the rice and fillings.

The boy, who had food stuffed in his mouth, only managed to nod his head. They were starving and decided to have a quick meal before going back to work.

“Yeah, I dislike seaweed but I could not give up on Kimbap. It’s weird isn’t it? Still, I do drink seaweed soup on my birthday,” rice flew out from his mouth as he spoke, Hyomin leant away from him slightly.

 

Namu. Memories of that boy came to her mind again.

 

 

**

 

“Yah! Namu, you ate my share of Kimbap leaving only the seaweed behind! This isn’t the first time you did that!” Hyomin snapped at the younger boy.

 

Namu gulped as he put the last piece into his mouth, running away from the girl.

“I’m sorry, Hyominnie!” The girl caught him and pulled his ears.

“Finish it up! A Korean should never dislike seaweed!” She demanded.

 

**

 

Why does he resemble Namu so much? Wait, Namu is so much more lovable compared to Woohyun. Stop relating him to Namu.

“Alright, we’re done,” She dragged Woohyun to the library.

“Ouch, ouch! Are you sure you’re a girl with that strength?” Woohyun complained, grabbing his belongings hurriedly.

 

**

 

While Woohyun was editing their texts, Hyomin had been trying to take a glimpse through the boy’s white shirt made of thin fabric.

If he is really Namu, he should have a scar across his back.

The girl gave up looking for it. Instead, she made another move.

“Woohyun, good job,” She placed her hand on his back, to feel for the scar but she still could not feel anything.

 

**

“Namu! You’re here!” Hyomin ran out from her room, delighted to see her playmate again.

“Hyominnie! Be careful!” The boy was standing near the edge of the stairs and the girl was about to catch him but she slipped. He caught her arm and both of them tumbled down the stairs.

“Hyominnie, you okay?” The boy winced, his back was injured and suffered a deep cut from the fall.

The shocked girl only managed to nod her head before she could utter out, “Namu, thank you.”

 

**

 

“Don’t try anything funny, lady,” Her sudden actions made Woohyun flinch, eyeing her suspiciously.

 “What were you up to?” He checked his back repeatedly to make sure he did not miss the slightest clue to Hyomin’s mischief; he had thought that the girl stuck something to his back.

Aish… He reacted too fast.

“Nothing, just want to encourage my good partner here,” She smiled, trying to be as convincing as possible.

“Really? Let me encourage you too,” He messed Hyomin’s hair. The girl pushed his hand away but he pulled her in, tickling her.

Once again, the giggles and occasional yelps caused them to be chased out of the library by the exact same librarian. They were even warned not to come back again.

Hyomin kicked Woohyun’s shins once they were out, “Stupid, it’s your fault!”

Hyomin turned sharply, her ponytails slapped Woohyun’s face and she stomped off.

“Ouch! Hey! You were the one who molested me first!” Woohyun held his face where he had been slapped as he called out to the girl.

 

Writer's note:

@jerbie18: Thanks! I will try to back the story more exciting :P

@lilli5874: I will! Thank you so much for commenting:) 

@Park_harin: Hehe, the date indeed opened him up more^^

@KisungYouBaby28: Aren't they cute when they are arguing? :P

@doriesin: Well, don't you think that Namu and Hyomin's relationship is lovely?